LaunchBox Community Forums

12.12 bezels downloads

Arne

Hello. Love the new 12.12 update with automatic bezel downloads.

Having an issue with some systems. I'm choosing theme bezels, but only the system bezels are displaying. The theme bezels are downloaded, and I can go into RetroArch and set each one manually, but would like to know why the theme bezels are not displaying. I had installed the bezel project separately a couple years ago. Should this be deleted, as the old bezel project is under emulator/RetroArch,  and the new folders created by the new downloader gets puts under launchbox/metadata? Arcade, nes, snes, loads the theme bezels, while sega genesis, N64, are assigning the system bezels...

Thanks for your help 

Are you telling the wizard to overwrite existing? If not and you already have configuration files we don't replace them and would make it so that you wouldn't see any new bezels. The folder you found with the bezels in it is just the temp folder we extract the images into so we can move them appropriately. The final destination of the bezels go into your \\RetroArch\overlays\GameBezels\ folder. Also are you selecting ONLY theme bezels or theme bezels with system fallback?

1 hour ago, rubberfish said:

I don't see the bezel download option in the wizard at all. Only shows the images and emu movies screens.

The games you are scraping for must use an emulator who's application path points to a "retroarch.exe" or a "mame.exe" file for that screen to display.

I don't know enough about that emulator to know if the folder structure is the same and the same lay files work in it. If you know they are the same you could probably change the exe name to "mame.exe" then update your emulator entry in LaunchBox. Run the wizard and then undo those changes.

Hey guys. I have the resent Launchbox update with the integration of bezel project. For some reason when I try to add the bezels the bezel project does not pop up for mame on my build. Any ideas of what it could be? All other consoles BP pops up just fine during the update meta data process. 

38 minutes ago, Truest1 said:

Hey guys. I have the resent Launchbox update with the integration of bezel project. For some reason when I try to add the bezels the bezel project does not pop up for mame on my build. Any ideas of what it could be? All other consoles BP pops up just fine during the update meta data process. 

Merged your thread as there was already a post about this exact issue. @C-Beats addressed the reason you may be seing in an earlier post.