LaunchBox Community Forums

Increase font size for game details

AlphaUMi

Hi! I'm trying to increase the font size of games details (description) for certain custom themes, because I find it just a little small. Only the game details font size, not the other components of the layout. I searched the file structure of custom themes, and there are several xaml files, and xml files too. I'm not a complete noob in editing code, I just would like to know which file(s) and, most importantly, which line(s) do I have to edit in order to achieve what I said. Could someone be of help on this regard? Thanks in advance!

The two files you need are in \\LaunchBox\Themes\{THEME_NAME}\Views. You want FiltersDetailView.xaml for the platform details, and GameDetailsView.xaml for the Game Details. Depending on which theme changes where the change needs to be in those files. Basically you're looking for TextBlock elements and just need to type "FontSize="x"" (without the outer quotes, and replacing x with the size you want) in the element.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AlphaUMi said:

increase the font size of games details (description)

The game 'description' is what you have listed in Notes.  And like you said, it's part of the Game Details.  The view you want to look into (and edit) is the GameDetailsView.   ../LaunchBox/Themes/your_theme_to_edit/Views/GameDetailsView.xaml

In that xaml, search for Text="{Binding Path=Notes}"  Using the Default theme as an example, you'll find the first (of 2) hits on line 92

image.thumb.png.593630da40a8ed03b6765691b3e42bcd.png

On that same line, scroll over until you see FontSize="{Binding Converter={StaticResource ScaleConverter}, ConverterParameter='30'}".  Chances are in the custom theme you're editing it's not using the converters.  So it may simply be FontSize="30".  Either way, 30 is the value that you want to adjust.  Do the same on other lines that have Text="{Binding Path=Notes}" (if applicable).

Each Theme you look at may (or may not) look the same as my example.  But the key points to take away from this are in bold and underlined above.

• Like 1

You're file MAY not read the same as @JoeViking245's does. He is referring to the new default that is currently only available in the beta release. If you are not on the latest beta you're file won't have that EXACT line in it, and adding it with that converter will cause you errors when you try to run Big Box (because they don't exist yet in your installation).

• Like 1

Hi @JoeViking245and @C-Beats! Thank you for your support, both of you gave me some pieces of useful information. I started with the theme "Pulse".

snap052.thumb.jpg.5c3be147d29e75851bf0457e7e4ee698.jpg

Please see line 41 and 45. I added FontSize="38" after FontFamily="Calibri", and nothing else. I tried with different values, and ended up with this huge value just to see what happens. Well, nothing has changed no matter what value I put in there. What I am doing wrong?

On 7/27/2022 at 10:54 PM, Juketsu said:

Why not just download the CTC files for Pulse amd change from there. Then copy the modified view to the theme folder after publishing, this way you don't have to worry about the wall views breaking down(cant build wall views with ctc).

Hi Juketsu! What is CTC? And download from where? GitHub?

3 hours ago, AlphaUMi said:

Hi Juketsu! What is CTC? And download from where? GitHub?

CTC is the Community Theme Creator and is available on our forum. If a user publishes the theme development files (different than the actual theme) for a theme created in the CTC any user can download those files and edit the theme directly to create their own custom look.

• Thanks 1