LaunchBox Community Forums

I have been using the reshade manager plugin for awhile and it is working well, was going to set up a new system and all the posts are gone. I was wondering if anyone had any documentation from the first post just to keep as reference, and wondering why the developer pulled it??

The user that had the plugin made for him (and subsequently added it to the forums) decided to part ways and took down the posts before doing so. We simply respected his wishes. I believe @Fry actually developed the plugin. He may be willing to reupload, but that's entirely up to him.

• Like 1

There's a second github repo that has the supporting configuration files: 

https://github.com/AtomFry/LaunchBoxReshadeManagerSupportingFiles/releases

The 1st repo that I posted has a pretty decent readme on how to use it.  I know next to nothing about ReShade so I won't be able to support the plug-in much from that aspect.  NoHero was the brains behind the ReShade content.  My role on this project was to just to develop the code that copies the ReShade files from the ReShadeManager folder to your emulator folder when a game launches so that the correct bezel will be shown.  If anyone knows anything about ReShade and wants to take over the supporting files repo, I'd be happy to turn it over.  

Edited by Fry
  • Unusual Gem 1

Just in case it helps, you can look at the link I posted above with the supporting files (you can download ReShadeManager.zip) and it contains configuration files that were put together by nohero, the guy who had the original idea for the plug-in.  What the plugin does is copy those files to game's emulator application folder when you launch a game.  Those files contain the configurations that are used to add an overlay to each of those emulators. The settings are emulator specific but the plugin lets you override them at the platform or game level.  The files are all duplicated for game or platform and you can just change out the bezel image if you want a different image for a game or platform.  At the end of the day, the configurations are really emulator specific and it's just copying those configuration files to the emulator folder.  I don't know much about how nohero created those files but I know the configurations are in there.  

So if you download that zip file and go into the emulators folder, you will see Dolphin for example.  Everything in that folder gets copied to the folder where your dolphin.exe is.  The reshade.ini file has the configurations that point to where the other files are and the dxgi.dll and shaders\bezel.fx and shaders\reshade.fxh are what make the magic happen.  

Edited by Fry

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I downloaded this version of reshade manager that Fry linked to.  I'm super happy because finally I got CRT effects and bezel for Model 2 emulation.  There is a caveat though.  When I try to import other shaders with extension fx and store them in the shaders folder, I get an error msg when I open my reshade UI in game, the msg says 'there were errors compiling the following shaders' followed by a list in red font of all the shaders I placed under the shaders folder (LaunchBox\Emulators\Sega Model 2\reshade-shaders\Shaders).  I know there is a log tab, but not sure what to make of "error x3000; Syntax error; unexpected".  

Any idea?  Thanks

As I recollect from the fellow who originated this plug-in concept, I think the version of reshade that we were redistributing with the plug-in was a special version that was only for bezels.  I'm not sure if it supports other types of shaders.  This may have something to do with why he eventually took those files down.  I don't know much about reshade but if somebody does, they could probably replace all of the reshade files in the LaunchBox\ReshadeManager folder with a different version of Reshade that does both the bezels and the other shaders properly and there shouldn't need to be any change to the plugin since it will just copy and replace whatever files are in the LaunchBox\ReshadeManager folder over to the emulator folder on game launch.  

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/25/2023 at 9:54 AM, darkseekerliu said:

Hi Guys, just would like to thank you for Reshade Manager. I managed to get it working and the bezels per game works very well. Thank you. Hope this plugin can still be maintened. 

By thew way, I used the latest reshade from official site and it works fine (only applied bezels).

I'm trying to get this working for Bezels in TeknoParrot. I've copied the necessary folder(s) and plugin to the Launchbox root folder, do I need to install the ReShade to an application as well? If so which one? Thanks 

10 minutes ago, Handsome_Van said:

I'm trying to get this working for Bezels in TeknoParrot. I've copied the necessary folder(s) and plugin to the Launchbox root folder, do I need to install the ReShade to an application as well? If so which one? Thanks 

Hello! Yes, you need to install Reshade. In my case, I just downloaded the latest version from Reshade Official website then:
1) Run reshade executable

2) During the setup point reshade installation to the executable file (in my case it was citra.exe - in yours should be teknoparrot.exe) that you want apply Reshade

3) When the setup finished installing reshade, there will be a folder called reshade-shaders inside the teknoparrot.exe directory. Inside teh reshade-shaders folder, there will be another folder called "textures"

4) Put your bezel.png file (it must be named bezel.png) inside the folder textures and when you launch a game in teknoparrot, the bezel should appear.

2 hours ago, darkseekerliu said:

Hello! Yes, you need to install Reshade. In my case, I just downloaded the latest version from Reshade Official website then:
1) Run reshade executable

2) During the setup point reshade installation to the executable file (in my case it was citra.exe - in yours should be teknoparrot.exe) that you want apply Reshade

3) When the setup finished installing reshade, there will be a folder called reshade-shaders inside the teknoparrot.exe directory. Inside teh reshade-shaders folder, there will be another folder called "textures"

4) Put your bezel.png file (it must be named bezel.png) inside the folder textures and when you launch a game in teknoparrot, the bezel should appear.

Hey thanks for the reply, I appreciate the help. Unfortunately I did everything you said and I can't get any bezel to pop up on a game basis with Teknoparrot.

In Launchbox I have the "ReShadeManager.dll file" in the plugins folder, I have the folders "ReShadeManager\Games\Teknoparrot\After Burner Climax\reshade-shaders\textures\Bezel.png" in the Launchbox root folder, I installed ReShade 5.9.2 to my TeknoparrotUI.exe file with OpenGL, and I put another Bezel.png file in the reshade-shaders\textures" folder in my Teknoparrot root folder like you said.

Has anyone gotten a Teknoparrot game to run with a bezel with this method? I understand all this if it was simple emulator like "flycast.exe" or "yuzu.exe"...but Teknoparrot is technically not even an emulator, it's a launching app. 

Edited by Handsome_Van

On 10/21/2023 at 9:07 PM, Handsome_Van said:

Hey thanks for the reply, I appreciate the help. Unfortunately I did everything you said and I can't get any bezel to pop up on a game basis with Teknoparrot.

In Launchbox I have the "ReShadeManager.dll file" in the plugins folder, I have the folders "ReShadeManager\Games\Teknoparrot\After Burner Climax\reshade-shaders\textures\Bezel.png" in the Launchbox root folder, I installed ReShade 5.9.2 to my TeknoparrotUI.exe file with OpenGL, and I put another Bezel.png file in the reshade-shaders\textures" folder in my Teknoparrot root folder like you said.

Has anyone gotten a Teknoparrot game to run with a bezel with this method? I understand all this if it was simple emulator like "flycast.exe" or "yuzu.exe"...but Teknoparrot is technically not even an emulator, it's a launching app. 

I was away from my computer yesterday when I replied to you. Now I'm in front of it. The TeknoParrotUi executable is only the user interface, it is not the real executable for the game. So in order to Reshade work, you have to install it to the game executable. 

Let's use as an example the game Sonic Dash Extreme. When you launch the TeknoparrotUi, scroll down to the Sonic Dash Extreme entry in the list then click on Game Settings. 

There you will find the real executable that is launched by Teknoparrot.
image.thumb.png.92ca80a28c729dbd89904b6e63c375aa.png

AS you can see, the executable is located at: R:\Arcade PC\Sega Ring Edge\Sonic Dash Extreme\exe\SonicDash_R_Ring.exe

Run reshade setup again and point to the real game executable and it will create  the reshade-shaders\Textures folder. Then place your bezel.png inside the folder and it should appear.

By the way, what game are you trying to run with bezels?

Edited by darkseekerliu

1 hour ago, darkseekerliu said:

I was away from my computer yesterday when I replied to you. Now I'm in front of my computer. The TeknoParrotUi executable is only the user interface, it is not the real executable for the game. So in order to Reshade work, you have to install it to the game executable. 

Let's use as an example the game Sonic Dash Extreme. When you launch the TeknoparrotUi, scroll down to the Sonic Dash Extreme entry in the list then click on Game Settings. 

There you will find the real executable that is launched by Teknoparrot.
image.thumb.png.92ca80a28c729dbd89904b6e63c375aa.png

AS you can see, the executable is located at: R:\Arcade PC\Sega Ring Edge\Sonic Dash Extreme\exe\SonicDash_R_Ring.exe

Run reshade setup again and point to the real game executable and it will create  the reshade-shaders\Textures folder. Then place your bezel.png inside the folder and it should appear.

By the way, what game are you trying to run with bezels?

Ok, so this going to be tricky. I’m building an arcade cabinet with LaunchBox as my front end. I’ve been using ArcCabView to put bezels on Model 2 / Model 3 games which is awesome but now I have some games in Teknoparrot that need that treatment that ArcCabView can’t do.

The games that need bezels are “House of the Dead 4 Special”, “America’s Army”, “After Burner Climax”, and “Target Terror Gold”. All of these Teknoparrot games don’t have executable files to launch. They use various “BungieLoader.exe” files. Now I can add reshade to the bungee loader and add a bezel using layer.fix but then, the other games not mentioned above that run in widescreen that use “BungieLoader.exe” to run will have the unnecessary bezel on them too.

my dilemma is, How do I apply specific bezels to certain games that don’t have an .exe file that launches them? I saw this thread and saw you can add bezels to games but they were all from simple emulators. As we know Teknoparrot is a different beast.

Thanks again for the help, I definitely appreciate it!!

5 hours ago, Handsome_Van said:

my dilemma is, How do I apply specific bezels to certain games that don’t have an .exe file that launches them? I saw this thread and saw you can add bezels to games but they were all from simple emulators. As we know Teknoparrot is a different beast.

Thanks again for the help, I definitely appreciate it!!

Here is a small guide I did to use per game shaders using reshade and ReshadeManager plugin. The guide was made based on Citra Emulator, but the logic is the same. Give it a try.

game_specific_bezels_in_Reshade.pdf

Edited by darkseekerliu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry if this was already asked and answered.

I am looking to use the same tv bezel for all games in Xemu and Dolphin that don't work in widescreen (the ones compatible with either native support/cheats or hacks will have game specific pre-sets that will display them in widescreen, I have already done this for Dolphin thanks to @Warped Polygon's amazing work on various platforms, still need to check if it's possible in Xemu though).

Is it possible with this plugin?