LaunchBox Community Forums

How do I hide platforms and categories in big box?

Hamburglin

4 hours ago, Hamburglin said:

How do I hide platforms and categories so I can hide all of my consoles and arcade platforms except three of them when browsing through big box?

You cannot hide a platform or category.  If you hide all games within that platform it won't show up in Big Box.  

27 minutes ago, sundogak said:

You cannot hide a platform or category.  If you hide all games within that platform it won't show up in Big Box.  

Thanks but I don't want to hide all the games in the other platforms. I still want them there when I or my friends want to jump into console games. I want to be able to search for them or unhide them when big box is unlocked.

30 minutes ago, Hamburglin said:

Thanks but I don't want to hide all the games in the other platforms. I still want them there when I or my friends want to jump into console games. I want to be able to search for them or unhide them when big box is unlocked.

Cannot be done currently.  It has been requested in various threads, just not enough votes to get in at this stage.  

16 hours ago, Hamburglin said:

How do I hide platforms and categories so I can hide all of my consoles and arcade platforms except three of them when browsing through big box?

You can remove items from the Platform Category view. To do so go to the category, playlist, or platform you're wanting to remove inside of LaunchBox Platform Category view and then go to the parent's tab and uncheck all boxes.

1 minute ago, C-Beats said:

You can remove items from the Platform Category view. To do so go to the category, playlist, or platform you're wanting to remove inside of LaunchBox Platform Category view and then go to the parent's tab and uncheck all boxes.

Thanks but what I want to do is remove things like NES, dreamcast, ps1. For some reason those are a platform but also a platform category and there's no waybto change it. So when I view by platform categories they are still there.

22 minutes ago, Hamburglin said:

Thanks but what I want to do is remove things like NES, dreamcast, ps1. For some reason those are a platform but also a platform category and there's no waybto change it. So when I view by platform categories they are still there.

Big Box by default opens to Platforms view, not Platform Category. You'd need to change your settings to move to that view. You CAN remove platforms from Platform Category in the latest version of Big Box. I'd have to look and see what version number that change made it in on.

Just now, C-Beats said:

Big Box by default opens to Platforms view, not Platform Category. You'd need to change your settings to move to that view. You CAN remove platforms from Platform Category in the latest version of Big Box. I'd have to look and see what version number that change made it in on.

I understand default views. When you set it to platforms categories it shows all systems because they are all platforms and categories for some reason.

I haven't seen an option to remove platforms as platform categories and I'm in the latest beta. There is an option to show custom playlists with platforms though which is not what I need at all.

30 minutes ago, Hamburglin said:

I haven't seen an option to remove platforms as platform categories and I'm in the latest beta.

58 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

34 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

I didn't realize I was looking at my platforms via category in launchbox. Thanks. I was so used to it I forgot you could change.

However, my user story remains:

1. Please allow hiding of any category, platform or playlist from big box view.

I still want to see everything grouped the way I like it in launchbox.

It also seems like I have to update each playlists parent one by one. Meaning. Every. Single. Arcade playlist that was auto generated....

Edited by Hamburglin