LaunchBox Community Forums

Pitfall on 5200 Emulation

whbinder

Good afternoon everyone,

I've been working with the new a5200 core in Retroarch and I like it quite a lot. My only general qualm is that a small number of games have very strange color palettes (although I believe this was the same in a800) and I don't think there's any options to change that.

But Pitfall specifically, has an odd issue. It loads properly, but the "Start" button doesn't start the game. The game starts properly in Altirra, but not 5200. I know Pitfall had issues with 2 port 5200 machines, but I'm not sure if that's a bios issue or not.

Any suggestions?

• 4 months later...
On 2/11/2023 at 2:36 PM, whbinder said:

But Pitfall specifically, has an odd issue. It loads properly, but the "Start" button doesn't start the game. The game starts properly in Altirra, but not 5200. I know Pitfall had issues with 2 port 5200 machines, but I'm not sure if that's a bios issue or not.

Any suggestions?

On 7/5/2023 at 5:51 PM, g1lgamesh said:

I’m having that same issue. Ever get to the bottom of this?

There's also a fixed version that works perfectly with that core.

• 4 months later...
On 7/8/2023 at 10:50 PM, whbinder said:

Well, there is a new version. I wouldn't call it fixed. Pitfall still doesn't start and now displays random ascii text. The sound is off on all games and the controls are more sluggish.

Just to clarify, I was referring to a fixed Pitfall rom. Starts and plays perfectly for me with the a5200 core.

Edited by Headrush69