LaunchBox Community Forums

Plugin Request: Rename Media images/video as Rom name.

I second this!!! I've spent countless hours renaming files that I couldn't find on emumovies ftp or sync. Using launchbox to find 1 image at a time. Sorting by date in the folder and renaming to the roms file name. I have noticed a few problems with setups like ours tho. For instance commsega.zip will show its artwork/video of commando.zip and its own. Can edit it out using edit media/metadata tho. Honestly went down this route cause I cant stand having loose files and only want one image/video per game. That and one day would like to re-setup Hyperspin and merge the two setups using the same images/videos.

Edited by Emurge
  • Thanks 1

I like this idea, but it might be difficult to use when you have more than one image for a type (i.e. Fanart backgrounds, Gameplay images, or if you want to randomize a specific type). 

It will need development work from the dev guys to allow LB and BB to recognize for example romname-01 and so on, besides only romname images. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Kondorito said:

I like this idea, but it might be difficult to use when you have more than one image for a type (i.e. Fanart backgrounds, Gameplay images, or if you want to randomize a specific type). 

It will need development work from the dev guys to allow LB and BB to recognize for example romname-01 and so on, besides only romname images. 

LB already recognizes a numerically appended image. That is how LB names multiple images for the same game.  

LB will recognize "Red Earth.png" or "Red Earth-01.png" as well as "redearth.png" and "redearth-01.png". 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...