LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox 13.4 + 13.5 Released!

faeran

Version 13.4 + 13.5 - Released May 31, 2023

Full Changelog: https://www.launchbox-app.com/about/changelog

• New Premium Feature: The LaunchBox game details pane can now be popped out into its own window (custom themes do require updating)
  • Improvement: LaunchBox image views have been optimized and will now load and scroll faster
  • Improvement: Images will now appear more gracefully when scrolling with the mouse wheel inside of LaunchBox
  • Improvement: Badges in LaunchBox will now dynamically update themselves without requiring a reload of the view
  • Improvement: The game details view will now reload after exiting a game to accurately reflect new play time, play count, and achievements updates
  • Improvement: The LaunchBox import wizards no longer act as if they're locked up while parsing the games to be imported
  • Improvement: The MAME arcade full set import wizard is now much faster
  • Improvement: MAME prerequisite files have been updated to allow for a better import experience with newer versions of MAME
  • Improvement: MAME import filters have been adjusted and will now include less non-games by default
  • Improvement: The LaunchBox sidebar filter button will now better adapt its values when used in conjunction with the search bar
  • Improvement: Many new custom theming functionalities have been added to LaunchBox (for theme developers)
  • Fixed: Rare memory leak that could occur in some situations due to the VLC video playback engine
  • Fixed: Rare theme bug when launching Big Box from within LaunchBox
  • Fixed: Rare crash in LaunchBox when selecting a platform with a large amount of playtime
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, HugoBR said:

How to configure Launchbox to launch the game details page in fullscreen ?

I do not believe there is currently a setting to do this and the pop-out will not remember its last position. You have to manually edit the theme and adding some lines of code. 

If you are using the Default theme you cannot edit it. It will always revert to it stock coding. You have to copy the Default theme and rename it. Then you can edit that one. 

If you want to shoot me a PM I can hep get you sorted.  

What should we edit to create our custom position? And how can we make this pop-up content smaller (for me it has far bigger font size than the rest of Launchbox)

I think this feature could be used so that the game details pop-up could take the same space as the platform filter of the left of the screen. That way, even if you only have one monitor, the game details would appear in an area that would not cover the selection of games. And if I want to go back to select a different platform I would only need to close the game details.

If we could make this, would it be posibble to check that this game details window would allways popup when selecting a game without neededing and additional click?

Thanks

6 hours ago, SolarisSpell said:

What should we edit to create our custom position? And how can we make this pop-up content smaller (for me it has far bigger font size than the rest of Launchbox)

I think this feature could be used so that the game details pop-up could take the same space as the platform filter of the left of the screen. That way, even if you only have one monitor, the game details would appear in an area that would not cover the selection of games. And if I want to go back to select a different platform I would only need to close the game details.

If we could make this, would it be posibble to check that this game details window would allways popup when selecting a game without neededing and additional click?

Thanks

WIthin the default theme (and by default), the pop-out will match the size of the details pane's height and width when it's popped out. You can then position the pop out where you'd like which would save if you close and re-open LaunchBox. It currently won't save if you keep closing and re-opening the pop out window though.

What you are describing here is cool, but is unfortunately not the way the pop-out was designed to work and would require a heavy handed dose of a re-design, but it's good to see your ideas.