LaunchBox Community Forums

Any interest in these marquee videos?

retrojoshvc

Hey all! I've never uploaded any files on here and don't want to post anything in the wrong place, or honestly just waste anyone's time. I'm just getting my arcade off the ground and I have a 43" ultrawide marquee (Sceptre brand 43.8", highly recommend it for the price if you have a large arcade), so I've created a few video marquees that are 2880x1080 pixels. I plan to create a lot more as I go along. I've tried to create them so that they loop around on themselves, but I don't know what the optimal length of each video should be? Some are one minute in length, some are shorter. I've uploaded to YouTube so people can see and gauge any interest. If the size is too awkward, length is too long, etc. I can try to adjust the videos to fit some kind of agreed-upon community guidelines if there are any. Here's what I've created so far:

Namco System 357:

Nintendo Entertainment System:

PC Games:

I don't like calling my Platform Steam/Windows or anything of that sort, and prefer the broader title "PC Games"

This isn't a platform, but a playlist, but I'll include it here as well:

Contra Collection:

Edited by retrojoshvc
  • Like 3
  • Unusual Gem 1

I don't personally use a marquee in any of my builds but these are pretty interesting. If you don't mind the criticism I'd consider adding a white border around the logo's you use as they can be hard to see against the video. Also with that being said the Nintendo logo you're using has some holes not punched out in it (first e is still filled in) that give it a really unpolished feel. Overall the concept is sound and I'm glad your enjoying the process.

42 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

I don't personally use a marquee in any of my builds but these are pretty interesting. If you don't mind the criticism I'd consider adding a white border around the logo's you use as they can be hard to see against the video. Also with that being said the Nintendo logo you're using has some holes not punched out in it (first e is still filled in) that give it a really unpolished feel. Overall the concept is sound and I'm glad your enjoying the process.

Noted. Missed that E in the logo. Edited the files and re-uploaded them, also added a thicker stroke around some objects. I am enjoying the process! End goal is to have videos for at least all of my platforms in the future.

Video marquees are always cool, I've had a marquee display in my setup for a while now. The same is just cool with the linked plugin, there are just a few videos missing to make the whole thing even better, especially platform and playlist videos for a marquee are great. Nevertheless, I am aware that the creation of videos involves some work.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...