LaunchBox Community Forums

Req Rocketlauncher ui latest version.

djweevil666

17 hours ago, djweevil666 said:

Hi Guys I've scoured the rocketlauncher forums Does anyone happen  to have RocketLauncher (Full Install) 1.2.0.1.

Thank you very much guy and gals

I wonder why you still want/use RocketLauncher.... 🤣

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, djweevil666 said:

I was trying to get the ps3 and xbox ones running good. I just wanted a pause screen with the manuals and such.

Not sure because i don't use this features, but i think there's Pause Menu and the possibility to view Manuals in LaunchBox / BigBox without RocketLauncher...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ci2own said:

Not sure because i don't use this features, but i think there's Pause Menu and the possibility to view Manuals in LaunchBox / BigBox without RocketLauncher...

do you know of some kind of editor that I can edit the pause menu. I would like to make some nice ones for my setup. Like a visual editor. I hope you have been good too btw I'm a big fan of your posts and works.

No visual editor I am aware of.  Thus, need to go to Pause Theme download section find one that mostly fits needs and you can adjust the theme via XML code.  Pause Themes - LaunchBox Community Forums (launchbox-app.com) 

Takes a bit of fiddling but I have tweaked mine to do what I wanted (I am definitely not coder).  Pause menu does have the manual feature although some limitations (see thread below). 

• Thanks 1

I use rocketlauncher to have bezels on my non-retroarch systems, so my setup looks consistent across different systems/emulators.  Also for the pause menu, because they have an integrated save/load state menu in their pause, you can set it to send the autohotkey press for the emulator's save/load state hotkeys right there in the menu.  Also for the joy2key kemapping that it takes care of on a per-game basis, as well as per-system basis.  The day launchbox can do bezels, load the save states in the pause menu (all of them), and keep track of/apply the joy2key profiles per-game, is the day I will finally be able to delete rocketlauncher.  Until then, it's an integral piece of my launching chain, and works extremely well at handling those things.

Edited by damageinc86

16 hours ago, damageinc86 said:

I use rocketlauncher to have bezels on my non-retroarch systems, so my setup looks consistent across different systems/emulators.  Also for the pause menu, because they have an integrated save/load state menu in their pause, you can set it to send the autohotkey press for the emulator's save/load state hotkeys right there in the menu.  Also for the joy2key kemapping that it takes care of on a per-game basis, as well as per-system basis.  The day launchbox can do bezels, load the save states in the pause menu (all of them), and keep track of/apply the joy2key profiles per-game, is the day I will finally be able to delete rocketlauncher.  Until then, it's an integral piece of my launching chain, and works extremely well at handling those things.

In almost all of the my platforms,  bezels works without the needing to use RocketLauncher. Basically because about 95% of them are emulated in MAME and/or RetroArch. And much others are 16:9 and don't need it (And i have more than 200 Platforms in my setup).

I don't use Pause menu, so i can't tell anything about that, but i guess remember you can save/load states on the supported systems. 

LB can also load general or per game keymapper config without any problem in 

4 hours ago, ci2own said:

In almost all of the my platforms,  bezels works without the needing to use RocketLauncher. Basically because about 95% of them are emulated in MAME and/or RetroArch. And much others are 16:9 and don't need it (And i have more than 200 Platforms in my setup).

I don't use Pause menu, so i can't tell anything about that, but i guess remember you can save/load states on the supported systems. 

LB can also load general or per game keymapper config without any problem in 

Yeah, I only have handheld systems emulated in Retroarch, and maybe like two other consoles.  The rest is all standalone and I need the bezel feature for that.  I haven't ever seen the LB feature that opens up joy2key for you to make the profile, then applies it to the game. Where is this, I'd love to move that feature over to LB for sure.

5 minutes ago, damageinc86 said:

Yeah, I only have handheld systems emulated in Retroarch, and maybe like two other consoles.  The rest is all standalone and I need the bezel feature for that.  I haven't ever seen the LB feature that opens up joy2key for you to make the profile, then applies it to the game. Where is this, I'd love to move that feature over to LB for sure.

Since joy2key can load a profile by using this command:   joy2key.exe -r profile_name , you can add an add as much "Additional Apps" as you want to run before/after your game runs.

Capturadepantalla2023-07-24181801.thumb.png.37d3f85a5fb94a228a4c9d16f21db537.png

You can also use a "Bulk run Before/After main application" plugin to apply to multiple games at the same time with this great plugin:  

Capturadepantalla2023-07-24181618.thumb.png.60a6a48f9ed07ea5f7c17a2bd9922872.png

30 minutes ago, ci2own said:

Since joy2key can load a profile by using this command:   joy2key.exe -r profile_name , you can add an add as much "Additional Apps" as you want to run before/after your game runs.

Capturadepantalla2023-07-24181801.thumb.png.37d3f85a5fb94a228a4c9d16f21db537.png

You can also use a "Bulk run Before/After main application" plugin to apply to multiple games at the same time with this great plugin:  

Capturadepantalla2023-07-24181618.thumb.png.60a6a48f9ed07ea5f7c17a2bd9922872.png

ahhh ok interesting! Thanks for that info.  I may stick with RL for the keymapping for now, because it automatically creates the file structure/directories and names the profiles for you.  It even has a cool window that you can test the key-presses in and it will show you live whether or not it is registering.  So all you have to do is select the game or system, joy2key opens up, you edit the keypresses, click save, and you're done.  Probably knitpicky, but I don't feel like going through in launchbox and doing all that when I've already done the work, and it's basically just point-and-click. 

One more question on that though, out of curiousity:  Could you make a profile for a platform/system and have that run whenever any game from that system is started?  Or can you only add a keymapping profile to a game?

25 minutes ago, damageinc86 said:

One more question on that though, out of curiousity:  Could you make a profile for a platform/system and have that run whenever any game from that system is started?  Or can you only add a keymapping profile to a game?

You can use the plugin i told you before "Bulk Add/Remove Additional Apps" for that:

1.- Select all games in a Platform (Ctrl + A).

2.- Right Click over a game.

3.- Select "Bulk Run Before/After Main Application" plugin (Need to install it previously)

4.- Add Application command line parameters and select if needs to run Before, or After for all selected games.

As you can see in the next image, all games are selected

Capturadepantalla2023-07-24193250.thumb.png.197e21c1f96e2ab0baa129c70e45d057.png

44 minutes ago, ci2own said:

You can use the plugin i told you before "Bulk Add/Remove Additional Apps" for that:

1.- Select all games in a Platform (Ctrl + A).

2.- Right Click over a game.

3.- Select "Bulk Run Before/After Main Application" plugin (Need to install it previously)

4.- Add Application command line parameters and select if needs to run Before, or After for all selected games.

As you can see in the next image, all games are selected

Capturadepantalla2023-07-24193250.thumb.png.197e21c1f96e2ab0baa129c70e45d057.png

ok cool! thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, damageinc86 said:

ok cool! thanks for the info.

It seems there's a way to add bezels to almost all platforms:

Pipercalls and c-beats  told me there's a program for that:

https://reshade.me

And it seems there's a plugin to make it easier in LaunchBox

https://github.com/AtomFry/LaunchBoxReShadeManager

Haven't checked it, but i may give it a try further.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ci2own said:

Wow, that's good info as well.  Maybe someday I'll check that re-shade out.  Good to see there are some solutions beginning to be viable.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/24/2023 at 12:56 PM, ci2own said:

Now you got me on a mental mission obssessed about rocket launchers and paused menus. I am trying that reshade thing from partway into your guys conversation. It's the madness I got the itch to install stuff I don't know and make my comp cry lol.

14 minutes ago, djweevil666 said:

Now you got me on a mental mission obssessed about rocket launchers and paused menus. I am trying that reshade thing from partway into your guys conversation. It's the madness I got the itch to install stuff I don't know and make my comp cry lol.

Yeah, at this point I'm so used to Rocketlauncher's GUI and how it helps me with the keymapping point-and-click style, that all the additional app stuff just feels like a hassle to me, since I'm so used to the way Rocketlauncher's GUI deals with stuff.  The pause menu is so cool, because if you use a non-retroarch emulator that accepts picking save slots with a hotkey (like mednafen), then there's a window in rocketlauncher that you can input what key presses it needs to send to the emulator to select a particular save slot to load, and to save to. 

RLsavestatekeys.thumb.png.6ce523d98c6e58057bf8a97f3c647333.png

That ends up giving you this menu: