LaunchBox Community Forums

jjsparx

Nintendo Switch 3D Box Images - Uniformity of Titles - Where to Put Them?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Where should the title go on the spine?

• Aligned top - immediately under the Switch logo (with a small gap of course) - check images in my post for actual examples
    • Aligned top, but indented slightly - about an inch under the Switch logo (where I've been putting them for the 500 I've submitted)
    • Aligned Centre/Center - slap bang in the middle of the spine, no matter how long the title is - check images in my post for actual examples
    • Varied - copy exactly how they are in "real life" (this will be a nightmare to do and I'm not doing it)
    • Another option I haven't thought of - leave a comment
  2. 2. Titles - which case should I use - i.e Upper, Lower/Sentence Case

• Sentence (Lower) Case Would Look Like This - Every Word Starts Upper Case - check images for actual examples
    • UPPER CASE WOULD LOOK LIKE THIS - check images for actual examples
    • Match the title case on the physical release (this would also be a nightmare to do, mainly just finding images of the spine title to confirm)

Hi,

I'm the person who's been adding a lot of Switch games to the games database recently (6700 changes so far, nearly all Switch related).

I have been working on the "perfect" high realism Nintendo Switch 3D box that's based on @Arcanthur 's amazing work.

I have finally finished the template and am now ready to replace the 560 3D boxes I've already submitted in recent weeks, plus there's another 300 I'm still working on.

I'm planning on making the spine titles all exactly the same - alignment-wise, font-wise and case-wise.

So, right now, I'm going for the MARK PRO BOLD font in all CAPS - I honestly don't like how the lower case letters look and some titles are all caps anyway. I don't want to have to double check if a title uses caps or not, so they can all be caps which will speed up the process by a lot!

There are 2 polls, one for the position of the title and one for the case of the title - please feel free to vote and let me know.

Also, if anyone has any requests for covers and cases, leave a comment and I'll add them to my (long) list.

Many thanks in advance!

A few visual examples:

CAPS CENTRED:

44xHiFh.png

LOWER CASE CENTRED:

jyOVxJZ.png

CAPS INDENTED (TOP):

AsA9jmN.png

LOWER CASE INDENTED (TOP):

TbNi5UW.png

CAPS TOP (DIRECTLY UNDER THE SWITCH LOGO):

xQMU5Sk.png

LOWER CASE TOP (DIRECTLY UNDER THE SWITCH LOGO):

zOJ1bzR.png

EXAMPLE OF A LONGER TITLE IN CAPS (FOR A BETTER IDEA OF THE FONT):

So349iF.png

EXAMPLE OF A LONGER TITLE IN LOWER CASE (FOR A BETTER IDEA OF THE FONT):

giEVhBV.png

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

All mine are centered, plus its a mixture of all caps and not, even for Nintendo games themselves, Donkey Kong and Skyward Sword are all caps, Mario Kart, Ring Fit etc are not.

image.thumb.jpeg.8b227ed25548a306302a7c9b66b37225.jpeg

That may be a regional thing then. I have several of the games in your stack in NA and all of them are top aligned with the same font all caps.

Just now, C-Beats said:

That may be a regional thing then. I have several of the games in your stack in NA and all of them are top aligned with the same font all caps.

Interesting, thought you was a madman when i saw your post and had to double check mine, but there they are, all centered and a mixture of capitalization. :) 

Just now, neil9000 said:

Interesting, thought you was a madman when i saw your post and had to double check mine, but there they are, all centered and a mixture of capitalization. :) 

lol yeah, I did a double check on mine after seeing your image, made sure I was hallucinating or something. I have several of the games listed though and mine definitely don't look like that.