LaunchBox Community Forums

New external hard drive.

billdog1225

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but i recently ordered a 8TB external drive that I want to transfer all my LaunchBox, Rom sets, Emulatoes, etc. Once I do that will I have to re-import all my games or will it recognize the new drive in LaunchBox? My mini pc is a mess and I've got 4 different drives with games all over the place and I want to organize and streamline everything. 

1 hour ago, billdog1225 said:

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but i recently ordered a 8TB external drive that I want to transfer all my LaunchBox, Rom sets, Emulatoes, etc. Once I do that will I have to re-import all my games or will it recognize the new drive in LaunchBox? My mini pc is a mess and I've got 4 different drives with games all over the place and I want to organize and streamline everything. 

After you run through your organization of your files, go into LaunchBox, select all games on a platform by platform basis and run Tools > File Management > Change ROMs Folder Path for Selected Games for each platform that needs it.

34 minutes ago, faeran said:

After you run through your organization of your files, go into LaunchBox, select all games on a platform by platform basis and run Tools > File Management > Change ROMs Folder Path for Selected Games for each platform that needs it.

Thank you so much! Yea its a mess. I started to try and organize but its hard without the drive I ordered. 

1 hour ago, Geduk said:

Wow 8tb how much will all the games take up when transfers over?  hope that's going  to leave you a lot of space .... I'm just starting a new build without going out to get a new drive I've got a max of 2tb 

It depends what you want. For me I'm more of a collector and with artwork and games I'm close to 40TB. Plus another 40TB for backup.

Edited by Joe35car