LaunchBox Community Forums

Issue with search by letter widget on Big Box

Vader

@faeran @Jason Carr Here is the latest info that I have on the issue.

As I mentioned before, I am having an issue with the search by letter widget on bigbox. No matter what theme I use, any time I open up the widget to search by letter, the letter seems to not match the game selected. For example, If I scroll to the letter P, I will get a game that starts with the letter M. See example on the screenshot below. 

.Screenshot2023-12-12123857.thumb.png.35d60fe743701e146a663961599e8f76.png

I have tried several different troubleshooting steps, such as reinstalling Launchbox, moving my roms to the same drive that lauchbox is installed on and removing other programs that I thought might be causing a conflct. Nonthing seems to work. 

Also I just noticed that If I select the magnifying glass to search for a game I get a full screen, on-screen keyboard that is useless, see screenshot below. 

Screenshot2023-12-12201546.thumb.png.fc23f08c0dfb7ea036e65bce04930a04.png

This has now become a deal breaker for me. Please look into this. 

My system:

HP Envy x360 Laptop

8 gb of memory

256gb ssd hd

The search window is a theme specific thing. It's because you are using an out-of-date theme. You can go into the theme's View folder and delete the old Keyboard view file and that should fix it, or you could use the author's updated version of the theme.

Like I mentioned in the beta thread, I tested this across a number of scenarios, but was unable to recreate it. I should have a laptop with those low specs to test on if I can find some time. I'll see if I can break it like you are seeing.

1 hour ago, faeran said:

The search window is a theme specific thing. It's because you are using an out-of-date theme. You can go into the theme's View folder and delete the old Keyboard view file and that should fix it, or you could use the author's updated version of the theme.

Like I mentioned in the beta thread, I tested this across a number of scenarios, but was unable to recreate it. I should have a laptop with those low specs to test on if I can find some time. I'll see if I can break it like you are seeing.

Thank you, deleting the keyboard view file fixed the issue with the on-screen keyboard. However, the other issue still exists. I just copied my build to a mini pc that I have, and the same issue occurs there too. 

Note, I am using a full mame romset only, no other platforms have been installed yet. To reproduce trying scrolling back and forth and then stop on any letter. It seems worse on cover flow views. Also, I am using a keyboard. I have not tried it with a controller yet. 

Basically, it seems like the images can't keep up with the search by letter widget. 

2 hours ago, faeran said:

As a follow-up I removed the arcade platform and installed an NES platform. The issue persists with this platform, as well.