LaunchBox Community Forums

Remove default plugins or disable plugins update notifications

glx

I would like to remove or disable notifications for the new plugins manager, and it seems deleting the plugins is not the answer.

I haven't found any options in the software. Is there any way to do this? I would like not having notifications for baked-in plugins I don't use.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Currently there isn't an option for this at the moment. At the top of this web page there is a "Help & Support" link. If you click that and then "Request a Feature" and file a feature request we can use it to gauge how important this is for everybody so we can prioritize the request correctly.

I've added a request for this as well. It's not a feature which I want to use and it would be greatly appreciated to able to disable automatic notifications which serve no purpose to my own needs. I wouldn't mind so much, I guess but it's asking to update the Retroarch plug-in, whilst saying that doing so will mean that I lose all my custom settings (which, needless to say, would be a disaster).

Also, Launchbox keeps on automatically downloading missing cores for Retroarch whenever I import PSX games, even when I specifically tell it not to.

The ideal solution to all of this would be to allow users to select whether they want to turn automated features on or off because personally speaking, they serve no other purpose than to irritate me.

Thank you.

Edited by St_Eddie
  • Like 2

I updated the title of the BitBucket Ticket as it would make sense to not just disable the notifications, but have the option to disable the feature. 

Ticket posted here for anyone wanting to add a vote. 

@St_Eddie I would recommend voting on your own ticket. 

https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/9132/disable-new-plugin-manager-plugin-manager

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1