LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Model 1

3 files

1. Sega Model 1 | MAME Controller Exclusive Button Layout Images & Pre Mapped Config Files | NVRAM Fixes & Enhancements, Free Play, Unlocks etc.

Star Wars Arcade has been correctly mapped and calibrated for 2 Players.
    This game is like Lucky & Wild in space. The 1st Player flies the space craft and shoots and the 2nd Player can move a cursor on screen and shoot.
    The 2nd Player can use a controller or a mouse move the cursor and shoot. Playing it this way is super fun!
    Aaaaand yes.....you should be able to setup a light gun for the 2nd player.

In a nutshell, I'm tooth picking my way through MAME platform by platform, and pre configuring the controls for all arcade games that are designated as working.
    You know the pain of weird awkward auto control mapping and fumbling around trying to figure what is going on. I have done that for you!
    These remaps have been done exclusively for controllers. No keyboard inputs at all and all non essential inputs completely removed. Only what is necessary has been mapped.
    Also, I have provided button layout images so you know exactly what the buttons are for every game!
    I haven't just set whatever, every control has been tested, scrutinised and re-tested before actually making a definitive decision. I believe I have everything mapped to be as intuitive as possible.
    Menu control in arcade games can be unintuitive when using a controller. These remaps have been made to make menu-ing intuitive and easy.
    NOTE: If the left stick doesn't work in menus, the D-Pad will.
    The per game .cfg remap files are idiot proof. Every input is accounted for and set, so your main .cfg wont auto assign any inputs.
    NVRAM files are also here. A lot of games need fixes or calibration in the service/test/dip switch menus before they'll work. There's also a bunch of unlockable content, preferable settings and a whole world of strange and wonderful crap in these menus. This will also be covered in this project.
    Everything has been done on a 1G1R basis with parents taking priority.
    However, the clone version of Virtua Racing (Virtua Formula) has been used in addition. This version was released a year later and does differ visually.
    INSTRUCTIONS:
    Check your controllers input type. XINPUT or DINPUT. Download Remap files for your input type and place these in the cfg folder of MAME. Download nvram files and place these folders in the nvram folder of MAME. Download Button Layout Images so you know what the controls are. PLAY!!!
    DISCLAIMER: FOR THE DINPUT PRE CONFIG I USED A PS4 CONTROLLER. IF YOU ARE USING A DIFFERENT DINPUT CONTROLLER YOUR INPUTS COULD BE DIFFERENT AS DINPUT CONTROLERS CAN VARY WITH INPUT IDs. XINPUT DOES NOT DO THIS SO IT'S PREFERRABLE.
    Below is a table of everything that has been done game by game. I have noted everything of importance for the end user experience.
    Developer intended cheats are also listed below.
    Star Wars Arcade
    swa Controls:
    -This game currently (0.253) is marked as having unemulated/broken inputs. However, everything feel ok to me.
    -Most of the analog inputs needed inverting. This has been done with the input remap NOT the analog input remap.
    -Throttle Down wouldn't work until analog inputs were calibrated in the test menu.
    -I had no idea this game is basically Lucky & Wild in space!
    -The 2nd Player is a gunner only and moves a cursor on screen, while the 1st Player flies and shoots.
    -The 2nd Player can use a controller or a mouse. It's actually pretty cool playing with 2 people and a mouse.
    -Throttle UP & DOWN is on the right stick. The throttle will return to the middle value after a few seconds.

Test/Service Menu:
    -Access Test/Service menu with F2 and use 9 to navigate.
    -Analog inputs calibrated. Throttle Down wouldn't work until this was done.
    -Nothing else of interest. Basic difficulty is adjustable. Using 'normal' defaults.
    -Free Play. Virtua Fighter
    vf Controls:
    -Fighting games are nice and easy to remap.
    -Left Stick & D-Pad are usable for movement.

Test/Service Menu:
    -Changed country to USA.
    -2 Cabinet Types available Super Megalo & Astro City. Set to Super Megalo as you get more health and time.
    -Number of rounds, difficulty and continue option changeable. Using 'normal' defaults.
    -Free Play.

Cheats:
    -Play as Dural
    On the character select screen: Press down, up, right, left + guard.
    -Different Costumes
    Hold Up and then select your character with any button. Virtua Formula
    vformula Clone:
    -This version of 'vf' came out a year later and does differ with it's attract mode and other visual aspects.
    -There is no 16:9 option with this version.

Controls:
    -Standard racing layout.
    -4 View Change buttons mapped to the D-Pad
    -Analog Saturation is fine at default.

Test/Service Menu:
    -Country/language set to U.S/English. Default is Japan
    -Car colour, number of laps, difficulty and link setup are also changeable. Using 'normal' defaults.
    -Free Play. Virtua Racing
    vr Info: Just as an aside, this game is in freaking widescreen. Proper anamorphic 16:9 in 1992.....awesome!

Controls:
    -Standard racing layout.
    -4 View Change buttons mapped to the D-Pad
    -Analog Saturation is fine at default.

Test/Service Menu:
    -Display type is changeable between 16:9 & 4:3. The 'default' 16:9 has been set.
    -Car colour, number of laps, difficulty and link setup are also changeable. Using 'normal' defaults.
    -Free Play. Wing War
    wingwar Controls:
    -Throttle UP & DOWN is on the right stick. The throttle will return to the middle value after a few seconds.

Test/Service Menu:
    -Analog volume calibrated.
    -Nothing else of importance. Difficulty can be changed. Using 'normal' defaults.
    -Free Play.

745 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

2. Sega Model 1 Platform Theme Video

Available in 16:9 and 4:3. Soundtrack and game audio versions available for each.

53 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

3. Sega Model 1 Video Snaps HD Pack

pack 720p

79 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted