LaunchBox Community Forums

PCSX2 Configurator Next Beta 2

(19 reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

PCSX2 Configurator Next for LaunchBox
PCSX2 Configuartor Next is a plugin for LaunchBox that allows users to easily configure PCSX2 on a per-game basis. The plugin also allows for pre-optimised configs to be downloaded from right within LaunchBox for a whole host of popular PS2 games, from Zombeaver's excellent PS2 Configuration Project.

Installation
The plugin is easy to install and simply needs to be downloaded and extracted. The archive contains a folder called "PCSX2 Configurator Next", this should be placed in the root of the "Plugins" in the user's LaunchBox directory. Any previous versions of the plugin should be removed before attempting to install this version.

General Usage
The plugin is relatively straight forward to use, but has been changed significantly from previous versions. You will first need to have PCSX2 (1.5.0 development build) setup as an emulator in LaunchBox. Then right click on a PS2 Game and choose "PCSX2 Configurator" from near the bottom of the context menu. This will present a menu of options:

"Create Config" - Creates a new config for the game in question based on the users current PCSX2 settings, If a config already exists this will overwrite that config with a new one.

"Download Config" - This will download one of Zombeaver's Config and set it up to be ready to play for the selected game, this will be greyed out if now config is available, and will change to "Update Config" if a new update is available for the downloaded config.

"Remove Config" - This will remove the current config for the selected game, and will be greyed out if there is no current config.

"Configure With PCSX2" - This will open PCSX2 with the config for the selected game loaded, allowing you to customise your config for the selected game (Downloaded Config's can also be tweaked). Once a game has a created config this can also be done using LaunchBox's built in "Configure" from the games context menu. Both these options will be greyed out if there is no config for the selected game.

There is also a "settings.ini" file created in the plugins folder ("%LaunchBoxDir%/Plugins/PCSX2 Configurator Next"), this can be tweaked manually but most settings don't need to be touched in most cases. Some people may wish to change the "GameConfigsDir" which is where the created configs are stored, this deafults to the users PCSX2 "inis" directory. There is currently no inteface to modify these settings, but that is planned in a future version.

Version Info and The Next in The Name
This version of the plugin is the successor to the original PCSX2 Configurator plugin, with a completely re-worked codebase from that version, and full compatibility with LaunchBox.Next (which is now the current version of LaunchBox). The main reason "Next" was added to the name is to initially seperate it from that (now discontinued) verison of the plugin. This release is currently in Beta and the "Next" from the name will probably be dropped eventually for a stable release with more features.

Credit and Support
I have personally put a lot of time and effort into all versions of this plugin, with it essentially being my free-time pet project for the last year and a half. Though I know the plugin would not be what it is today without Zombeaver who really helped me to bring this plugin to the next level, by allow me to integrate his PS2 configurations into it as well as creating artwork and helping me test the plugin. I would also like to say a big thank you to spectral, neil9000, and kmoney for helping me out with testing, and of course Jason Carr for making LaunchBox and implementing some of my requested changes into the plugin engine. I intend to keep working on this plugin, and fix any reported bugs as well as update the plugin with new features. So if you have any problem or feature request's hop over to the plugins thread on the forums and let me know. The project is also open sourced under the MIT license and can be found on my github.

UPDATE (JUNE 2020): This Plugin is now in maintenance mode, and is nearing end of life. I am currently working on a standalone version that will serve the same purpose, which will also be made to work with LaunchBox. The progress of that can be found here

What's New in Version Beta 2   See changelog

Released

New in This Release:

• Custom Command Line Parameters can now be specified a part of a config. A file called "cli.txt" should be placed in config directory with parameters separated by commas and/or line breaks.
  • User can now have multiple versions of PSCX2. The Title of the version that the plugin will use can now be specified in Settings.ini (Pcsx2BuildTitle).
  • Nicer handling of Absolute Paths. All Absolute paths are qualified from the drive's root and no longer reference the LaunchBox directory.
  • Configs directory can now be relative to the PCSX2 directory. This is now the default behaviour
  • No error will be shown if a non critical PCSX2 base config file is missing when downloading a config, before this crashed the plugin.
  • Custom command line parameters will now always update when wrong and/or missing information, but if all information provided is correct edits can still be made.
  • Nicer Drop Shadow on Title Text, also added text-wrap for longer titles.
  • Plugin now uses the PCSX2 Icon.
  • Major Code changes and refactor (Does not affect User).
  • Just a quick note about Updating from a previous release. I advise you first delete your Settings.ini file from the plugins directory, and let the plugin recreate it, as this version handles some of the settings slightly differently.

HOTFIX September 2020 - fix for new versions of Launchbox (11.4+), with new folder structure

HOTFIX June 2020 - fixes issue with issue with pnach files not overwriting existing files, also adds widescreen as default for remote configs

HOTFIX April 2020 - fixes issue with 7zip being moved to third party folder

• Like 23
  • Thanks 19
  • Unusual Gem 4

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Im having an issue when I copy the PCSX2 Configurator Next.dll file to my launchbox plugins folder that windows is blocking it for "security reasons" even though Iv'e gone in to the properties and allowed it.  

Im using "pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-3389-g6e22efe79-windows-x86"  version of pcsx2

Capture.PNG

Edited by PanicBaskit

26 minutes ago, Drodrick said:

Does not work in the last release 10.11, the context menu is not appearing

Solved!! just go to your plugins folder an delete the playtimeTracker and playtimeTracker_v1.3 folders, and Xceed.Wpf.Toolkit.dll and the PlaytimeTracker.dll it seems playtime tracker and pscx2 configurartor Next plugins are incompatible between them, you can write for the developers for answers:

Edited by Drodrick

Hey guys

Im getting this error.  Any ideas what the issue is?  

--------------

The system cannot find the file specified

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 10.12-beta-7
Type:    System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
Site:    Boolean StartWithCreateProcess(System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo)
Source:  System

at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at PCSX2_Configurator_Next.Core.Utils.SevenZipExtract(String archive, String outputDir)
   at PCSX2_Configurator_Next.Core.Configurator.ExtractFormattedMemoryCard(IniData baseUiConfig, String memCardFileName)
   at PCSX2_Configurator_Next.Core.Configurator.CreateUiConfigFile(String targetConfigDir, IGame game)
   at PCSX2_Configurator_Next.Core.Configurator.CreateConfig(IGame game)
   at PCSX2_Configurator_Next.Ui.ConfigWindow.CreateConfigBtn_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

7:17:59 PM Music.Prepare Start
   7:17:59 PM Music.Kill Start
   7:17:59 PM Music.Kill Finished
   7:17:59 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   7:17:59 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   7:18:21 PM Music.Play Start
   7:18:21 PM Music.Kill Start
   7:18:21 PM Music.Kill Finished
   7:18:21 PM Music.Play Empty Music Path
   7:18:21 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   7:18:21 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   7:18:32 PM Exception

same issue.   didnt work when right clicking on the context menu item.   Resolved by removing playtimetracker.   Unfortunately that leaves me with 

Version: 10.12-beta-13

at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at PCSX2_Configurator_Next.Core.Utils.SevenZipExtract(String archive, String outputDir)
   at PCSX2_Configurator_Next.Core.Configurator.ExtractFormattedMemoryCard(IniData baseUiConfig, String memCardFileName)
   at PCSX2_Configurator_Next.Core.Configurator.CreateUiConfigFile(String targetConfigDir, IGame game)
   at PCSX2_Configurator_Next.Ui.ConfigWindow.CreateConfigBtn_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

8:02:44 AM Imageloader successful: pack://application:,,,/WpfResources/Background.png
   8:02:45 AM Imageloader successful: pack://application:,,,/WpfResources/Background.png
   8:02:45 AM Music.Prepare Start
   8:02:45 AM Music.Kill Start
   8:02:45 AM Music.Kill Finished
   8:02:45 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   8:02:45 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   8:02:48 AM Music.Pause Start
   8:02:48 AM Music.Prepare Start
   8:02:48 AM Music.Kill Start
   8:02:48 AM Music.Kill Finished
   8:02:48 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   8:02:48 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   8:02:50 AM Exception

Edited by klepp0906
  • Like 1

I believe I'm also having the same issue as the two people above. anyone know the fix for this?

Version: 10.12

Recent Log:

10:19:16 PM Exception

Same here. Just found this plugin, and am having the same issues shown in the logs above. Using LB v10.13.

I just installed this the other day and was able to configure a bunch of games, but I updated to the latest Launchbox today, and I'm getting a stacktrace everytime I attempt to create new configs.

Could be coincidence, but the only thing I think changed was upgrading launchbox.

1 minute ago, laggerific said:

I just installed this the other day and was able to configure a bunch of games, but I updated to the latest Launchbox today, and I'm getting a stacktrace everytime I attempt to create new configs.

Could be coincidence, but the only thing I think changed was upgrading launchbox.

Is it the same stacktrace as above? what version of LaunchBox were you on?

1 minute ago, NotTrolling said:

Is it the same stacktrace as above? what version of LaunchBox were you on?

I believe I was on 10.11 when I set it up, as they released 2 updates to Launchbox in the last few days. They had to release a 10.13 update, so perhaps something else got messed up here.

Here is the beginning of the Stacktrace I received, but the rest looks the same.

Version: 10.13
Type:    System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
Site:    Boolean StartWithCreateProcess(System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo)
Source:  System

I'm curious if someone on 10.11 has seen this.

2 minutes ago, laggerific said:

I'm curious if someone on 10.11 has seen this.

I still have 10.11 installer I'll try it now and see if it makes a difference

Ah, thanks for confirming. This is an amazing utility, so I hope they or the plugin developer can address this issue.

That said, it crashes when creating or downloading a config, but it does create the directory in your chosen inis path. I'm copying inis from other games and tweaking the memcard config, but it seems to at least provide the core function of enabling unique configs per game.

I basically have all my games configured minus 1 or 2, so I'm good for now, though I hope it gets addressed soon...the last plugin update was nearly 2 years ago.

• Like 1

This is likely due to the third party apps that come with launchbox being moved into a new "third Party" folder. I see references to 7zip in the error, so if the plugin is using the 7zip included with Launchbox then it can no longer find it due to the move. @alec100_94 will need to update the plugin with the new paths if this is in fact the cause.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

This is likely due to the third party apps that come with launchbox being moved into a new "third Party" folder. I see references to 7zip in the error, so if the plugin is using the 7zip included with Launchbox then it can no longer find it due to the move. @alec100_94 will need to update the plugin with the new paths if this is in fact the cause.

Looks like that was the issue, only needed to change one line of code to get it working again with the new paths. I've fixed the issue using the dev's github source code. compiled plugin and src attached

PCSX2 Configurator Next-fixed.zip PCSX2 Configurator Next.dll

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Game On 1

@mitchhawks thank you for providing a fix, I'll throw that up on GitHub when I finish work. My solution would have been simply creating a directory junction (or even more lazily just copy the 7Zip folder) in Windows to get around the issue for now.

In terms of the future and updates for pcsx2 configurator there is something new in the works, and that's all i'm going to say on the matter for now.

Edited by alec100_94

4 minutes ago, alec100_94 said:

@mitchhawks thank you for providing a fix, I'll throw that up on GitHub when I finish work. My solution would have been simply creating a directory junction (or even more lazily just copy the 7Zip folder) in Windows to get around the issue for now.

In terms of the future and updates for pcsx2 configurator there is something new in the works, and that's all i'm going to say on the matter for now.

I would leave the old version available as well though, for people who are stuck on a version pre 10.12.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mitchhawks said:

Looks like that was the issue, only needed to change one line of code to get it working again with the new paths. I've fixed the issue using the dev's github source code. compiled plugin and src attached

PCSX2 Configurator Next-fixed.zip 3.95 MB · 9 downloads PCSX2 Configurator Next.dll 80 kB · 7 downloads

I downloaded this plugin and got this error in return:

image.png.35ef85c97cf0a24d364ba77ac0b8f3b2.png

1 hour ago, tycho1974 said:

I downloaded this plugin and got this error in return:

image.png.35ef85c97cf0a24d364ba77ac0b8f3b2.png

wow, you have many issues according to that error. You ever tried fixing your Windows before blaming Launchbox Plugins?

@neil9000 @tycho1974 not necessarily an issue with window, there was a change to one of the paths (the drawing DLL) in the zip above from @mitchhawks. I didn't actually test the resulting DLL. I'll investigate (and fix it) tomorrow.

Edited by alec100_94

10 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

wow, you have many issues according to that error. You ever tried fixing your Windows before blaming Launchbox Plugins?

Well, seeing as how LaunchBox worked perfectly on my computer until I installed this hotfix, I don't think sharing my results in this thread is jumping the gun. Sharing results is not the same thing as "blaming" a plugin, last time I checked.

47 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

The plugin has been broken and was reported as thus for a long time now. I haven't had it working for several versions back (options are simply grayed out), and it's certainly NOT my computer...everything else works fine. a reinstall of LB entirely didn't fix it either, so something is going on...it happened a few versions back when LB was updated and it only seems to affect this plugin.

@tycho1974 did you by any chance download the zip and extract it into the plugin folder? That error is LB trying to load the system drawing dll found in the zip. Im guessing you want to remove the contents of that zip from plugin folder and use the .dll instead. 

EDIT: just the pcsx2 plugin dll that mitchhawks posted.

Edited by jayjay

@everyone I just want to make a general statement as this seems to have turned into a very negative place. As far as I am aware the plugin does still work with more recent versions of Launchbox. I'd put any scenarios where it doesn't work down to user error.

There is an issue with the latest version of Launchbox as the 7-Zip directory has been moved, which I will put out a fix to resolve tomorrow. And then I'll test it to verify that it's working for me. That is very likely to be the final update for this plugin.

However I want to point out this plugin hasn't been updated in over 18 months and I don't intend to do the work to update it either. There is a new solution in the pipeline and I will be putting all future development efforts towards that (can't give an ETA yet).

Coming here looking for technical support is one thing, coming here to complain that my plugin is straight up broken when it works for others and expecting me to drop everything and "fix" it is quite another.

• Like 2