LaunchBox Community Forums

Multi Images Startup Theme 1.1

(0 reviews)

4 Screenshots

About This File

This is a Startup/Shutdown theme for Launchbox 9.3 and above.

Four images are displayed in this theme, top row left to right, 3D Box, Clear Logo and Screenshot. The bottom right of the window will show Cart - Front for cart based systems or a rotating Disc - Front for CD/DVD based systems. If you have a CD/DVD based system that is not included in the theme you can copy/paste one of the existing ones from the startup theme folder and rename it to match your system name.

To install simply right click the zip and choose "extract all" once extracted copy to Launchbox/StartupThemes. 

What's New in Version 1.1   See changelog

Released

No new features, just a name change as i originally called it "Default - 3D Boxes" as the first version was just a switch from 2D Boxes to 3D Boxes from the default theme in Launchbox. In the updates i added images and moved things around, so i have renamed.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I love your theme but I don't like seeing a spinning box when the disc media is missing. Any chance you could leave it blank? Great work ?

52 minutes ago, Lukeyboy67 said:

I love your theme but I don't like seeing a spinning box when the disc media is missing. Any chance you could leave it blank? Great work ?

That can be easily fixed by changing the Cart Front priorities in Options. Uncheck all image types that are not cart or discs. Here's a capture or how you should have it:

319406917_2018-12-20(3).thumb.png.94703239c1715d70cb439884453a656d.png

• Like 1

Big conflicts with RocketLauncher and Fade being enabled. Disabled Fade and now having issues with bezels being enabled. Bezel comes up blank with the emulator sound running in the background or bezel doesn't show up and everything runs fine. I'll just go back to enabling fade in rocketlauncher till this is sorted out.

so, in all of these downloads I get no fan art in the background of the picture when loading a game and closing. I do have a ton of fan art that is displayed when navigating the individual games, but not when loading. What am I doing wrong?

9 hours ago, Lukeyboy67 said:

Yeah as @Suhrvivor said thats down to your image priority settings in Launchbox.

8 hours ago, Boomerps2 said:

Big conflicts with RocketLauncher and Fade being enabled. Disabled Fade and now having issues with bezels being enabled. Bezel comes up blank with the emulator sound running in the background or bezel doesn't show up and everything runs fine. I'll just go back to enabling fade in rocketlauncher till this is sorted out.

These startup themes are meant to be used instead of RocketLauncher, not along side it. That will cause conflicts.

4 hours ago, derekDemara said:

so, in all of these downloads I get no fan art in the background of the picture when loading a game and closing. I do have a ton of fan art that is displayed when navigating the individual games, but not when loading. What am I doing wrong?

Make sure you have fanart selected in the Background priority settings, and also that you do not have Fade set to 100% as that will result in a black screen also.

3 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Yeah as @Suhrvivor said thats down to your image priority settings in Launchbox.

These startup themes are meant to be used instead of RocketLauncher, not along side it. That will cause conflicts.

Make sure you have fanart selected in the Background priority settings, and also that you do not have Fade set to 100% as that will result in a black screen also.

Could someone please share their settings with me. I set background priority to fan art only and fade was already set to zero (all the way to the left) which i played with the slider for a bit and still no background art in the startup themes. 

1 minute ago, derekDemara said:

Could someone please share their settings with me. I set background priority to fan art only and fade was already set to zero (all the way to the left) which i played with the slider for a bit and still no background art in the startup themes. 

The fade has separate settings in both Bigbox and Launchbox, are you adjusting it in one but then launching from the other maybe?

image.thumb.png.0d375d10ea870bee57bc61685ad1fee8.pngimage.thumb.png.adb429687dee5f5ce9f7f0c46812e440.png

By turning off fade in BB now LB is showing fan art. Both are working, I guess I found it very weird that turning off fade in BB fixed LB and BB. Does this make sense to anyone?

24 minutes ago, Lukeyboy67 said:

For Arcade, is there any chance you could show the cabinet in the bottom right where the discs/carts are shown?

Ill have a look and see what i can do, it wont be today though as i'm busy.

• Like 1

@Lukeyboy67

I couldn't for the life of me get Cabinets to show by specifying that image type. So what i have done is specify Cart - Front for the Arcade startup theme just like the others, all you need to do is go to tools/options Cart Front priorities in Launchbox and check the box for Arcade - Cabinet. This will fall back to using cabinets if there is no Cart - Front, which of course there wont be anyway for Arcade systems, so it should just work as you expected.

151901702_ArcadeCabinet.thumb.png.a178af8a9d852ff6c5367951bfd4196d.png365324953_arcadecabinet2.thumb.png.86052e1bfa62d7d8060566e334a121e8.png

Just drop this .xaml into the theme folder.

Arcade.xaml

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KillaBLK said:

Just to be clear. Rocketlauncher bezels will not work along side this? 

Yeah as @DOS76 said it "should" work with Bezels, its the fades that interfere. 

On a good few games the loading screen turns off to reveal LB/BB or the emulator before the game boots. Is there a way to keep the loading screen displayed until the game fully boots?

8 minutes ago, Lukeyboy67 said:

On a good few games the loading screen turns off to reveal LB/BB or the emulator before the game boots. Is there a way to keep the loading screen displayed until the game fully boots?

This is handled by the options in Launchbox and Bigbox, its not something that can be adjusted in the themes. There is a slider in Launchbox.

image.thumb.png.a01c85e88028a6633eda3432b5fd61b6.png

• Thanks 1

I would just like to say thanks. I think the project is beautifully done.

I am unfortunately unable to get the visual of discs spinning after following all of the troubleshooting steps, perhaps with a future update I will have more success.

Thank you for your contributions towards this amazing Frontend and community.
Cheers!

Is there anyway to use the Rocket launcher fade in/out screens here?  I'd love to migrate those images over so I can finally get rid of rocket launcher.

44 minutes ago, KCJ101 said:

Is there anyway to use the Rocket launcher fade in/out screens here?  I'd love to migrate those images over so I can finally get rid of rocket launcher.

Rocketlauncher fades and Launchbox's startup/shutdown screens are not compatible with each other.

Darn.

Anyone planning on taking the RL fade in/out screens and converting them over to Launchbox?  The RL system specific screens are so nice!  I just hate RL...I seem to break it every time I change anything in an emulator. 

Does anyone want to take on the very fun and rewarding task of converting RL Fade in/out screens for LB?  I know I'd be eternally grateful...ha.

14 hours ago, KCJ101 said:

Does anyone want to take on the very fun and rewarding task of converting RL Fade in/out screens for LB?  I know I'd be eternally grateful...ha.

I have no idea how to do it.  But I would hope you could merely drag some images over to somewhere. 

15 hours ago, KCJ101 said:

12 minutes ago, damageinc86 said:

I have no idea how to do it.  But I would hope you could merely drag some images over to somewhere. 

No its not that easy, a theme would have to be coded from scratch as currently my theme uses game art in it, in order to use specific images it would need to be built from scratch to use specific images for specific games/platforms. Unfortunately i do not have the skills for that.