LaunchBox Community Forums

Rincewind 4.6

(7 reviews)

9 Screenshots

About This File

This started out as all I wanted to do is make the background image, when selecting a game fill the whole space. So after looking at the default theme and the great LBPlex theme (credit to @Grila) I managed to get all the bits I preferred and made a theme to my liking. Hopefully your like it too :) .

And now with updates from the Default Plus theme (credit to @faeran).

**NEW** Now you can have any colour you wish by simply changing the "selected Item background" colour. (see below screenshot)

v4.0.thumb.png.02f26ae887e5f49ef6e57a7cc87f7480.png

What's New in Version 4.6   See changelog

Released

This version will require LaunchBox 13.6 for the new notification center to work.

**Update - The new Notification Bell to allow for access to the Notification Center is now included.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3
  • Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

@Rincewind - Would be nice to have an update as long as it's not too much trouble or time consuming but I'll keep using your theme as long as it keeps on working regardless of updates. I deleted the gamesdetails.xml as @master333 suggested and it seems to work fine. I don't know what else an update would bring that's different than what I have now, so I guess it's up to you if you think it's worth it. Anyway, cheers for making such a great theme. 

• Thanks 1

@Rincewind thanks so much for your efforts but I had an issue with HUGE star ratings at the top....maybe it was just my setup and everyone else's is fine. @master333 gave me an idea though and I now have a Frankenstein Launchbox and it's looking really cool. I'm still using this Rincewind theme as it has the boxes around the box art which keeps everything looking smart along with the GameDetailsView.xaml from the 'Default Plus' theme which has a very cool looking animation. You need to play around with background priorities in the settings so you don't see the front box art in the game details view or you get logo doubling. 

@TheBurnerKing The HUGE star ratings were intentional as they came from the older version, my reason behind having them that big was simply because for me its a quick reference to a games quality. But I do get that it's HUGE maybe I'll bring it down in size a bit on the next update. The screenshot I added above was my first size increase and then I went even bigger :) maybe to big.

I'll take a look at my image priorities thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

@Rincewind I don't find the stars in the screenshot above too bad. Mine were twice as big as that, if not more 😆

How good does your theme look though in that screenshot. Fantastic! For me, what sets this theme apart from the others is the frames around each box art and the titles. Makes it look really smart even when you have different size front box artwork. Great job 👍

One day I'll learn to code myself and create my own theme. I dream of a Plex style where it opens a separate games details screen when you click on a game instead of squeezing it on the right.....ahh one day 😄  

Edited by TheBurnerKing
  • Like 1

*Updated - Reduced the size of the Star Ratings from 50 to 35.

*Added - A faded line separator between the list elements.

*Added - A rounded scrollbar to the carousel to keep in line with the rest of the theme.

• Like 1
  • Game On 1

*Added - The new "Related Games" tab and styled to suite.

*Changed -  Increased the Favourite Icon size.

***This version will only work with the new 12.10 beta and above.***

• Like 1

On 3/29/2022 at 3:00 AM, Rincewind said:

*Added - The new "Related Games" tab and styled to suite.

*Changed -  Increased the Favourite Icon size.

***This version will only work with the new 12.10 beta and above.***

Keep it coming, mate!

Is it feasible to add another badge icon/category for modded games?

4 hours ago, Thornback said:

Keep it coming, mate!

Is it feasible to add another badge icon/category for modded games?

Is there a badge for modded games in the default theme already? if so then yes I can add it in.

19 hours ago, Rincewind said:

Is there a badge for modded games in the default theme already? if so then yes I can add it in.

I don't think there is.. Ignorant me thought they can be added at will by theme developers. 🤔

5 minutes ago, Thornback said:

I don't think there is.. Ignorant me thought they can be added at will by theme developers. 🤔

Nope, new badges are added by plugins. JayJay built a tool to help you create your own badge plugin that makes it fairly simple. Can be found here

• Like 1

2 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Nope, new badges are added by plugins. JayJay built a tool to help you create your own badge plugin that makes it fairly simple. Can be found here

@C-Beats that was easy, thanks!

Capture.JPG

Edited by Thornback

Hey @Rincewind, this is a awesome theme. Thanks for creating it. Is there a way I can get the badges on the right of the boxart, like the default LB theme?

Either way, awesome work!

Hey @The Papaw really glad you like it, I have It coded to be inside the selected area because when I moved it outside I was never sure which badges went with the left or right game image so figured best to be there. It is possible to change but it would have to be a different theme so maybe in the future I could create one that displays them that way.

• Thanks 1

Hey,

I've done a little enhancement to allow a pdf icon in game details to open manual if available. Feel free to insert this after line 1685 after the </textblock> about wikipedia url in gamedetailsview.xaml

Spoiler

<Border Margin="0,15" BorderThickness="0">
                            <Border.Style>
                                <Style TargetType="{x:Type Border}">
                                    <Setter Property="Visibility" Value="Visible"/>
                                    <Style.Triggers>
                                        <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding Documents.Count}" Value="0">
                                            <Setter Property="Visibility" Value="Collapsed"/>
                                        </DataTrigger>
                                    </Style.Triggers>
                                </Style>
                            </Border.Style>
                            <ItemsControl Margin="3,3,3,0" ItemsSource="{Binding Documents}">
                                <ItemsControl.ItemTemplate>
                                    <DataTemplate>
                                        <StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal">

<TextBlock Margin="0,0,10,0">
                                                <Hyperlink Command="{Binding ClickCommand}" TextDecorations="None" >
                                                        <Grid Background="Transparent">
                                                        <Grid.Style>
                                                        <Style TargetType="Grid">
                                                            <Setter Property="Opacity" Value="0.5" />
                                                                <Style.Triggers>
                                                                    <Trigger Property="IsMouseOver" Value="True">
                                                                        <Setter Property="Opacity" Value="0.8"/>
                                                                    </Trigger>
                                                                </Style.Triggers>
                                                            </Style>
                                                        </Grid.Style>
                                                        <Image Source="{Binding Icon}" Height="24" />    
                                                  </Grid>
                                                </Hyperlink>
                                            </TextBlock>
                                        </StackPanel>
                                    </DataTemplate>
                                </ItemsControl.ItemTemplate>

</ItemsControl>
                        </Border>   

chka.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Rincewind I just download the new 2.4 (blue) and got a couple questions, 

1. Any way of resizing and moving the pdf image to better match the rest of the images? (see screenshot)

2. I am getting both US and Euro ratings, I assume I can replace them with my own without any issue if I match your sizes?

Untitled.thumb.jpg.306f1b9766c42accf86104e07a49caaa.jpg

Edited by The Papaw

If you're interest in some USA colored ratings (they look good in your theme), here are some I made for a theme that you are more than welcome to use if you'd like. Or anyone else for that matters B|

Colored Ratings.zip

Here's what they look like:

Untitled.png

Edited by The Papaw

37 minutes ago, The Papaw said:

@Rincewind I just download the new 2.4 (blue) and got a couple questions, 

1. Any way of resizing and moving the pdf image to better match the rest of the images? (see screenshot)

2. I am getting both US and Euro ratings, I assume I can replace them with my own without any issue if I match your sizes?

Untitled.thumb.jpg.306f1b9766c42accf86104e07a49caaa.jpg

Hey,

about point 2. I assume too, if you respect the naming of files and sizes.

about the point 1.

Could you have a test replace in gamedetailsview from line 1687 to 1741 by this :

Spoiler

<DockPanel VerticalAlignment="Center">
                                            <TextBlock DockPanel.Dock="Left" Visibility="{Binding WikipediaUrlVisibility}" VerticalAlignment="Center" Margin="0 0 3 0">
                                                <Hyperlink Foreground="{Binding ForegroundBrush}" Command="{Binding WebLinkCommand}" CommandParameter="{Binding WikipediaUrl}" TextDecorations="None" >
                                                        <Grid.Style>
                                                                <Style.Triggers>
                                                                        <Setter Property="Opacity" Value="1"/>
                                                                    </Trigger>
                                                                </Style.Triggers>
                                                            </Style>
                                                        </Grid.Style>
                                                        <Path Data="M19,3H5C3.9,3,3,3.9,3,5v14c0,1.1,0.9,2,2,2h14c1.1,0,2-0.9,2-2V5C21,3.9,20.1,3,19,3z M19.8,8.6c0,0.1-0.1,0.2-0.2,0.2h-0.9l-4.3,9.1c0,0.1-0.1,0.1-0.2,0.1c0,0,0,0,0,0c-0.1,0-0.1,0-0.2-0.1l-2-4l-2.2,4C9.9,18,9.8,18,9.8,18c-0.1,0-0.1,0-0.2-0.1L5.3,8.8h-1c-0.1,0-0.2-0.1-0.2-0.2V8.2C4.2,8.1,4.2,8,4.3,8h3.5C7.9,8,8,8.1,8,8.2v0.5c0,0.1-0.1,0.2-0.2,0.2H7.1l3,6.9l1.6-2.9l-2-4H9.2C9.1,8.8,9,8.7,9,8.6V8.2C9,8.1,9.1,8,9.2,8h2.6c0.1,0,0.2,0.1,0.2,0.2v0.5c0,0.1-0.1,0.2-0.2,0.2h-0.5l1.1,2.5l1.3-2.5h-0.8c-0.1,0-0.2-0.1-0.2-0.2V8.2c0-0.1,0.1-0.2,0.2-0.2h2.5c0.1,0,0.2,0.1,0.2,0.2v0.5c0,0.1-0.1,0.2-0.2,0.2h-0.5l-2,3.6l1.6,3.3l3.1-6.9h-1c-0.1,0-0.2-0.1-0.2-0.2V8.2c0-0.1,0.1-0.2,0.2-0.2h3c0.1,0,0.2,0.1,0.2,0.2V8.6z" Fill="#ffffff" Height="24" />
                                                    </Grid>
                                                </Hyperlink>
                                            </TextBlock>
                                            <Border Margin="0,0,0,0" BorderThickness="0" VerticalAlignment="Center">
                                                <Border.Style>
                                                        <Style.Triggers>
                                                            </DataTrigger>
                                                        </Style.Triggers>
                                                    </Style>
                                                </Border.Style>
                                                <ItemsControl Margin="0,0,0,0" ItemsSource="{Binding Documents}">
                                                        <DataTemplate>
                                                                <TextBlock Margin="0,0,0,0">
                                                                            <Grid.Style>
                                                                                    <Style.Triggers>
                                                                                        </Trigger>
                                                                                    </Style.Triggers>
                                                                                </Style>
                                                                            </Grid.Style>
                                                                            <Image Source="{Binding Icon}" Height="22" />    
                                                                      </Grid>
                                                                    </Hyperlink>
                                                                </TextBlock>
                                                            </StackPanel>
                                                        </DataTemplate>
                                                </ItemsControl>
                                            </Border>    

Edited by Krako13

1 minute ago, Krako13 said:

Hey, about the point 1.

Could you have a test replace in gamedetailsview from line 1687 to 1741 by this :

Reveal hidden contents

<DockPanel VerticalAlignment="Center">
                                            <TextBlock DockPanel.Dock="Left" Visibility="{Binding WikipediaUrlVisibility}" VerticalAlignment="Center" Margin="0 0 3 0">
                                                <Hyperlink Foreground="{Binding ForegroundBrush}" Command="{Binding WebLinkCommand}" CommandParameter="{Binding WikipediaUrl}" TextDecorations="None" >
                                                        <Grid.Style>
                                                                <Style.Triggers>
                                                                    </Trigger>
                                                                </Style.Triggers>
                                                            </Style>
                                                        </Grid.Style>
                                                        <Path Data="M19,3H5C3.9,3,3,3.9,3,5v14c0,1.1,0.9,2,2,2h14c1.1,0,2-0.9,2-2V5C21,3.9,20.1,3,19,3z M19.8,8.6c0,0.1-0.1,0.2-0.2,0.2h-0.9l-4.3,9.1c0,0.1-0.1,0.1-0.2,0.1c0,0,0,0,0,0c-0.1,0-0.1,0-0.2-0.1l-2-4l-2.2,4C9.9,18,9.8,18,9.8,18c-0.1,0-0.1,0-0.2-0.1L5.3,8.8h-1c-0.1,0-0.2-0.1-0.2-0.2V8.2C4.2,8.1,4.2,8,4.3,8h3.5C7.9,8,8,8.1,8,8.2v0.5c0,0.1-0.1,0.2-0.2,0.2H7.1l3,6.9l1.6-2.9l-2-4H9.2C9.1,8.8,9,8.7,9,8.6V8.2C9,8.1,9.1,8,9.2,8h2.6c0.1,0,0.2,0.1,0.2,0.2v0.5c0,0.1-0.1,0.2-0.2,0.2h-0.5l1.1,2.5l1.3-2.5h-0.8c-0.1,0-0.2-0.1-0.2-0.2V8.2c0-0.1,0.1-0.2,0.2-0.2h2.5c0.1,0,0.2,0.1,0.2,0.2v0.5c0,0.1-0.1,0.2-0.2,0.2h-0.5l-2,3.6l1.6,3.3l3.1-6.9h-1c-0.1,0-0.2-0.1-0.2-0.2V8.2c0-0.1,0.1-0.2,0.2-0.2h3c0.1,0,0.2,0.1,0.2,0.2V8.6z" Fill="#ffffff" Height="24" />
                                                    </Grid>
                                                </Hyperlink>
                                            </TextBlock>
                                            <Border Margin="0,0,0,0" BorderThickness="0" VerticalAlignment="Center">
                                                <Border.Style>
                                                        <Style.Triggers>
                                                            </DataTrigger>
                                                        </Style.Triggers>
                                                    </Style>
                                                </Border.Style>
                                                <ItemsControl Margin="0,0,0,0" ItemsSource="{Binding Documents}">
                                                        <DataTemplate>
                                                                <TextBlock Margin="0,0,0,0">
                                                                            <Grid.Style>
                                                                                    <Style.Triggers>
                                                                                        </Trigger>
                                                                                    </Style.Triggers>
                                                                                </Style>
                                                                            </Grid.Style>
                                                                            <Image Source="{Binding Icon}" Height="22" />    
                                                                      </Grid>
                                                                    </Hyperlink>
                                                                </TextBlock>
                                                            </StackPanel>
                                                        </DataTemplate>
                                                </ItemsControl>
                                            </Border>    

Looks so much better, what ya think?

Untitled.thumb.png.1e44da371fd7cb7292781203508e16fd.png

• Like 1

@The Papaw I agree :)

I've done this too about maxplayer in game; not sure if it can interest someone, i've taken the images in the AeonNox bigbox theme but I am not so satisfied about them. Maybe with some other images...

image.thumb.png.17834d6f26316aa90988d55010b6ccd9.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Krako13 said:

@The Papaw I agree :)

I've done this too about maxplayer in game; not sure if it can interest someone, i've taken the images in the AeonNox bigbox theme but I am not so satisfied about them. Maybe with some other images...

I pm'd ya

• Like 1

@The Papaw yes currently its using US and European ratings from another LB theme. I like the idea of killing both with one stone and your logos are sort of doing that aswell but I one logo so I might switch them out, thanks for that.

@Krako13 I obviously didn't test your previous code well enough as it look fine my end. I will test the new code this evening but going by both yours and @The Papaw screenshots its go to go.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rincewind said:

@The Papaw yes currently its using US and European ratings from another LB theme. I like the idea of killing both with one stone and your logos are sort of doing that aswell but I one logo so I might switch them out, thanks for that.

@Krako13 I obviously didn't test your previous code well enough as it look fine my end. I will test the new code this evening but going by both yours and @The Papaw screenshots its go to go.

Yep, it seems to be ok now :), i probably share the code about the maxplayers after few tests.

About the ESRB, i like the idea to have the 2 ratings as now, just adding a not rated icon would complete it :) (the must would be to mix the news logo with the old ones :))