LaunchBox Community Forums

Mr. RetroLust's Lights Out! Retroarch Bezels 8.5

(11 reviews)

89 Screenshots

About This File

Note: This thread will not be pushed to the front in the "whats new" section, if you want notifications for future updates to this file be sure to follow this page by using the follow button in the upper right corner

Here's my collection of Lights Out! Realistic Retroarch bezels. 

You can find other bezels that are part of my "Lights Out!" series over here:

Neo Geo v2 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Capcom Play System I 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Capcom Play System II 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Capcom Play System III 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Sega Naomi 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Mame 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels

Sammy Atomiswave 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels

Enjoy!

Bezel_Atari_2600_Night_Mr_RetroLust.PNG

Bezel_Mega_Drive_Mr_RetroLust.PNG

Edited by Mr. RetroLust

What's New in Version 8.5   See changelog

Released

- Added all bezels/overlays in one zip file (including the 2 generic bezels uploaded earlier today). This concludes the project to finished, have fun! :)

• Like 36
  • Thanks 15
  • Game On 4
  • Unusual Gem 4

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

42 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

I think you're mistaken concerning vertical bezels

I probably am... I though it was you mentioning that about the MAME bezels.
But... But... How long is eventually? LOL

Keep up the good work ? I'll be patient(ish).

• Haha 1

I love the work you've provided on these! They look amazing.  I'm running into a slight issue setting the screen correctly though on 1080p.

The screen doesn't fully match up with the overlay.  See the bottom corners and you can see an overlap.  If I extend the screen fully down (you can see the black bar near the middle), it would just make the edges more overlapping.

How can I fix this / hide the screen behind the overlay so I can make it fit?

I've tried the various shader presets and for some reason the only ones I can seem to get to load are LessHalation.cgp and LUST666-Vertical.cgp.

bezmegadrive.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spacedeck said:

I love the work you've provided on these! They look amazing.  I'm running into a slight issue setting the screen correctly though on 1080p.

The screen doesn't fully match up with the overlay.  See the bottom corners and you can see an overlap.  If I extend the screen fully down (you can see the black bar near the middle), it would just make the edges more overlapping.

How can I fix this / hide the screen behind the overlay so I can make it fit?

I've tried the various shader presets and for some reason the only ones I can seem to get to load are LessHalation.cgp and LUST666-Vertical.cgp.

bezmegadrive.jpg

Thanks, glad you like :)

You can adjust custom width and height as explained in this link: https://www.retroarch.com/index.php?page=configuration#:~:text=In Video Settings%2C you can,ratio of the emulated system.

Edited by Mr. RetroLust

I just found those bezels, and they are absolutely amazing, great work! Thanks a lot!

Just one thing: Is there currently no Nintendo DS bezel or did I oversee it in your package?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JK1974 said:

I just found those bezels, and they are absolutely amazing, great work! Thanks a lot!

Just one thing: Is there currently no Nintendo DS bezel or did I oversee it in your package?

Thanks good to hear man :) I still have to make the NDS someday when I add the system to my collection, but will get there eventually!

The DS might be kind of tricky, because from what I have seen, e.g. the DeSmuME core currently only allows setting a gap between the two screens of 0-100 pixels. If you have a full-size image of the DS like OrionsAngel´s bezel, you will measure a gap of ~190 pixels. This would mean, that we either ask for a change in the code of the DeSmueME core to allow bigger gaps, the DS image has to be scaled ~50% which results in smaller screens , or the middle part between the upper and the lower screen has to be cut :(.

I would prefer the first solution ?...

Edited by JK1974

53 minutes ago, zengeek said:

@Mr. RetroLust @Orionsangel

It would be amazing to see these combined with HSM's reflection shader - they would combine perfectly together :) - thoughts?

Also, do you have any plans for a MS-DOS/Scummvm bezel?

Keep up the great work!

Thanks glad you like :) I'm currently not planning to change these bezels but maybe in the future. When I add the DOS games to my collection I will create a bezel for it for sure, currently busy with the Mame 4K lights out project.

Thanks glad you like :) I'm currently not planning to change these bezels but maybe in the future. When I add the DOS games to my collection I will create a bezel for it for sure, currently busy with the Mame 4K lights out project.

Awesome, thanks...

Does someone have instructions on how to install these overlays? I tried my best but the game and overlay are both filling the screen in retroarch resulting in a weird ghost image!

And when I try to pick the shader within retroarch it prompts "Failed to install shaders"

Lol, I need a text document with install instructions! Sorry!

Edited by FoxClubNiner

18 minutes ago, FoxClubNiner said:

Does someone have instructions on how to install these overlays? I tried my best but the game and overlay are both filling the screen in retroarch resulting in a weird ghost image!

And when I try to pick the shader within retroarch it prompts "Failed to install shaders"

Lol, I need a text document with install instructions! Sorry!

Here is some official documentation: https://docs.libretro.com/guides/libretro-overlays/

21 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Here is some official documentation: https://docs.libretro.com/guides/libretro-overlays/

Ok I've read through that and I'm closer. I managed to shrink the image and roughly place it in the location of the TV in your SNES Bezel (Amazing work BTW, can't wait to try it on a 4k TV). However shaders still wont load. That link says I might need to convert the files away from the cg file type but before I do something crazy, where the shader files supposed to be stored? I put them in this directory because the file type matched.

C:\Users\Danny\LaunchBox\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_cg\cgp

10 hours ago, FoxClubNiner said:

Ok I've read through that and I'm closer. I managed to shrink the image and roughly place it in the location of the TV in your SNES Bezel (Amazing work BTW, can't wait to try it on a 4k TV). However shaders still wont load. That link says I might need to convert the files away from the cg file type but before I do something crazy, where the shader files supposed to be stored? I put them in this directory because the file type matched.

Thanks glad you like :) I'm not at home atm but i'll have a look soon when im back at the pc again.

On 12/30/2020 at 12:40 AM, FoxClubNiner said:

Yep that's the correct location for shader presets

These are the absolute best most atmospheric bezels I have ever seen. Simply amazing. Hopring for many more systems added =).

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, SiriusVI said:

These are the absolute best most atmospheric bezels I have ever seen. Simply amazing. Hopring for many more systems added =).

Thanks bro, much appreciated :)

Thank you for these, @Mr. RetroLust, I've used your bezels for well over a year now, across all my emulated consoles. I really appreciate the effort and attention to detail you've put into all of them. (I tried making one myself for my Amiga 500 on the back of this)

I'm attempting to tenderly edit some of them to fit with HSM's reflection shaders, but as that involves cutting out a big chunk of the TV set, I'm struggling to 'find the edges' due to the flattened PNGs being so dark. Do you have the console + television assets available, or would I be able to find them online? I really love the choice of period-appropriate TV models you've gone with. Sadly I can't find any high-enough resolution images of the ancient TV I hooked my consoles up to over the years (a beastly woodgrain Hitachi Instaview CTP-210 (?) or CBP-220 (?) from 1981...)

Anyway, cheers again. Your bezels have always been my overlays of choice

retroarch 2021-02-25 15-28-59-23.png

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Felstaff said:

Thank you for these, @Mr. RetroLust, I've used your bezels for well over a year now, across all my emulated consoles. I really appreciate the effort and attention to detail you've put into all of them. (I tried making one myself for my Amiga 500 on the back of this)

I'm attempting to tenderly edit some of them to fit with HSM's reflection shaders, but as that involves cutting out a big chunk of the TV set, I'm struggling to 'find the edges' due to the flattened PNGs being so dark. Do you have the console + television assets available, or would I be able to find them online? I really love the choice of period-appropriate TV models you've gone with. Sadly I can't find any high-enough resolution images of the ancient TV I hooked my consoles up to over the years (a beastly woodgrain Hitachi Instaview CTP-210 (?) or CBP-220 (?) from 1981...)

Anyway, cheers again. Your bezels have always been my overlays of choice

retroarch 2021-02-25 15-28-59-23.png

Thanks man, glad you like them! That's some great work you did there I really like it, you planning to share your creations as well? I'd download and use those for sure :) I don't have the original images of those tv's and consoles  anymore sorry.

I always get "failed to apply shader" when I try to load one of your Shader Presets. Tried the latest Nightly (.cg Shaders aren't even shown in this Version) and the "normal" release of Retroarch. Any idea how I can get your Shaders to work?

37 minutes ago, PatShallBe said:

I always get "failed to apply shader" when I try to load one of your Shader Presets. Tried the latest Nightly (.cg Shaders aren't even shown in this Version) and the "normal" release of Retroarch. Any idea how I can get your Shaders to work?

Oh thats not good, could be because i'm using an outdated version of Retroarch. If you open the preset file with a text editor you'll be able to see what shader I used and what the settings are, could be the shader has changed names in the mean while and you'll only have to change the path.

25 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Oh thats not good, could be because i'm using an outdated version of Retroarch. If you open the preset file with a text editor you'll be able to see what shader I used and what the settings are, could be the shader has changed names in the mean while and you'll only have to change the path.

Thanks man! Just had to adjust the path, now they work! If you now can also tell me what is the easiest way to scale the picture to fit your Bezels, you're my hero of the day :D It's hard to see and adjust height/width with the Retroarch UI on top of the Bezels, that is also on top of the picture :D

Edited by PatShallBe

8 minutes ago, PatShallBe said:

Thanks man! Just had to adjust the path, now they work! If you now can also tell me what is the easiest way to scale the picture to fit your Bezels, you're my hero of the day :D It's hard to see and adjust height/width with the Retroarch UI on top of the Bezels, that is also on top of the picture :D

Unfortunately there is no fast way to do this, however there is an option to display the settings over the bezel. I don't know the settings location out of my head though (not behind the pc atm)

4 minutes ago, kongmao45678 said:

The new RetroArch does not support the .cgp files in My RetroArch Shader Presets.zip. Can you update your configuration?

I don't plan to update my RetroArch as I've got everything running perfectly well.