LaunchBox Community Forums

Zen Pinball FX3 Image Media Pack - Updated to Volume 7 (March 2022) 7.0.0

(3 reviews)

14 Screenshots

About This File

***Updated with new Indiana Jones - The Pinball Adventure table released March 2022.***

***Volume 6 update includes Williams Pack for Funhouse, Dr. Dude, and Space Station ***

=======================================

This includes media for all 96 100 Pinball FX3 tables through Volume 5 released in December 2019  Volume 6 and with Indiana Jones table released in March 2022.  This pack includes:

1.  Clear Logo 
  2. Docklet
  3. Gameplay Screenshot
  4. Full Table Gameplay Screenshot
  5. Background
  6. Pseudo-Backglass - I use these for Game Title snaps
  7. Advertisement - Front and Back (for the recreation tables only)

I only made a few of the backglass/background images when no others were available. The rest are credited to others, gathered from Zen site, Steam, www.gameex.info pinballx media site, and around the web.  If someone objects to an image they created being in this pack, let me know and I will remove it. 

For those that have two screen setups, then the images for the background on screen #2, named according to the PXP (Steam) file naming convention (which is not straightforward) are in the "Two-Screen Images - PXP Naming.zip" file.  The Pinball FX3 Images.Zip file contains a zip of the Launchbox images folders.  Within the folder structure they are as follows:

1.  Clear Logo  = Clear Logo folder
  2. Docklet = Box-Front-Reconstructed folder
  3. Gameplay Screenshot = Screenshot-Gameplay
  4. Full Table Gameplay Screenshot = Screenshot-Game Select
  5. Background = Fanart-Background
  6. Pseudo-Backglass  = Screenshot-Game Title
  7. Advertisement - Front and Back (for the recreation tables only) - Flyers folders

If you want video snaps, you can find those here:

Lastly this platform XML file contains data for each table, PXP name, year, manufacturer, brief description (usually from Zen site), and base information that would normally be downloaded from LB DB. NOTE: The XML file is now located with rest of image downloads. Just click "DOWNLOAD" button at top right, and it is the last entry.

Edited by sundogak

What's New in Version 7.0.0   See changelog

Released

Uploaded Indiana Jones - The Pinball Adventure table media pack for the table released on March 2022.  See attached zip file and self-explanatory naming for each file. 

Note: the backglass image used to create the FX3 pseudo backglass was adapted from Wildman's VPX B2S version located here.  

Also uploaded a new XML data file for Pinball FX3 inclusive of all tables through March 2022.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5
  • Unusual Gem 4

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanks! Any chance you could add to this collection the tables from Pinball FX2 that were not ported to Pinball FX3? South Park, SP: Butters, Soccer, Plants vs Zombies & Ms Splosion Man.

The Flyers from "Junk Yard" are missing but were easy to find elsewhere, could be a good idea to add them next time

36003001.png

36003002.png

Thanks for this!

I added your XML and media files into my LaunchBox installation, and I see the pinball tables in LaunchBox. However, how do I configure it to start the right table in Pinball FX3 when I launch one of them? I added a new emulator and set its path to the path of my Pinball FX3.exe file, but when I launch a table, it just shows the standard Pinball FX3 menu.

18 minutes ago, Daniel15 said:

Thanks for this!

I added your XML and media files into my LaunchBox installation, and I see the pinball tables in LaunchBox. However, how do I configure it to start the right table in Pinball FX3 when I launch one of them? I added a new emulator and set its path to the path of my Pinball FX3.exe file, but when I launch a table, it just shows the standard Pinball FX3 menu.

@Daniel15The XML is just for media data so doesn't do anything with the emulator setup.   

There are threads here on how to setup for direct launch to each table. One for Steam is linked below.  There is another thread if have via Windows store (will need to do forum search).

Setting up Pinball FX3 to launch directly into tables - Noobs - LaunchBox Community Forums (launchbox-app.com)

and 

Steam Pinball FX3 Cabinet Mode won't quick exit - Troubleshooting - LaunchBox Community Forums (launchbox-app.com)

Would start with first one.  Second thread is useful for AHK info.  You need to request a "cabinet code" from Zen.  There are instructions in FX3 program on what they need.  Just basically say personal use, email them, and in a day or so they give you a code that unlocks a variety of useful features for use on a front end and multi-screen use.  

EDIT:  that first thread also talks about the non-Steam version about midway as well. 

Edited by sundogak
  • Thanks 1

Great job and thanks a lot!

Have you an updated  XML with the update 6? In the XML the last three tables info are missing...

4 hours ago, itadna said:

Great job and thanks a lot!

Have you an updated  XML with the update 6? In the XML the last three tables info are missing...

Not sure when updated the XML so just dumped current version from my setup and uploaded as zip to Download list.  I also thought I saw something that the XML files changed somewhere along 11 versions so probably good to upload one with 12.1 version.  

Edited by sundogak

19 hours ago, sundogak said:

Not sure when updated the XML so just dumped current version from my setup and uploaded as zip to Download list.  I also thought I saw something that the XML files changed somewhere along 11 versions so probably good to upload one with 12.1 version.  

Great! Thank you very much for this! I updated mine too 😉

Updated media pack with Indiana Jones - The Pinball Adventure table released in March 2022

1914482499_IndianaJones-ThePinballAdventure(Williams1993)-gameplay.thumb.png.30f937eaa55c794847f4c82a7e54cace.pngWMS_Indiana_Jones.thumb.png.59deeb0a17323f1ab1ea290d8fd19070.png

Edited by sundogak