LaunchBox Community Forums

Neon Deluxe Arcade - 16:9 (Big Box Theme) 2.6.1

(8 reviews)

20 Screenshots

About This File

Note: This thread will not be pushed to the front in the "whats new" section once updated in the future, if you want notifications for future updates be sure to follow this page by using the follow button in the upper right corner.

NEON DELUXE ARCADE - 16:9

-----------------------------------------------------
CREDITS

Huge thanks goes out to @y2guru for his Community Theme Creator Software and his endless personal help, also he created the animated wheels for this theme! @Hexxxer for the original inspiration of his FutureState theme. @Rincewind for the inspiration on his use of the icons. @faeranfor explaining the new marquee options in v12. Thanks guys!

INSTALLATION

1. Download the theme here and place the folder in Launchbox/Themes/

2. You might need to unblock the zip file or all the .DLL's in the plugin folder. Right click the zip or DLL files, choose properties and at the bottom you click "Unblock".

3. I recommend doing the following to speed up Big Box greatly: 

- Uncheck all Background Images in Launchbox > Tools > Options > Media > Background Priorities
 - Set all transitions to "None" in BigBox settings
 - Use the Clean Up media tool in launchbox/tools/Clean Up Media... (this can really speed up lists with thousands of games and duplicate media)
 - Defrag the drive that holds your media files

Hope you like and enjoy! ?

LINKS

Neon Deluxe Arcade is a series of themes and elements, if you like you can download these to accompany the complete theme, visit this page to see all my other work:
https://forums.launchbox-app.com/profile/88501-mr-retrolust/content/?type=downloads_file

Arcade stick and buttons sound pack, sounds really good with this theme:

Edited by Mr. RetroLust

What's New in Version 2.6.1   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 35
  • Thanks 12
  • Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 5

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I just keep coming back to this theme, I just love the look and feel of this one. I decided to edit PaDeMoNium's great startup video to keep it close to 1 minute.

Working on a marquee video to use during startup as well. Enjoy!

Edited by LCMan27
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, LCMan27 said:

I just keep coming back to this theme, I just love the look and feel of this one. I decided to edit PaDeMoNium's great startup video to keep it close to 1 minute.

Working on a marquee video to use during startup as well. Enjoy!

That's a nice startup vid! This is my fav theme too, I use it on 2 of my 3 cabs. I found a nice TRON lightcycle startup vid on the forums that pairs nicely with this theme.

• Thanks 1

hi there retrolust, first of all thank you for all you do foe the community your you have truly improved the experience of launch box/big box for the better for everyone, saying that i have a request if you have time or anyone else for that matter, the only thing i have missing for your theme is a pause screen which i'm sure doesn't bother some but i feel it would help make this theme feel complete if someone has the spare time and is willing to do so, thank you once again ^^

From a friendly Potato

Edited by thepotatoarmy

2 hours ago, thepotatoarmy said:

hi there retrolust, first of all thank you for all you do foe the community your you have truly improved the experience of launch box/big box for the better for everyone, saying that i have a request if you have time or anyone else for that matter, the only thing i have missing for your theme is a pause screen which i'm sure doesn't bother some but i feel it would help make this theme feel complete if someone has the spare time and is willing to do so, thank you once again ^^

From a friendly Potato

Thanks man :) I haven't looked at making a pause screen yet as I am not very skilled at manual coding in xaml.

Just now, Mr. RetroLust said:

Thanks man :) I haven't looked at making a pause screen yet as I am not very skilled at manual coding in xaml.

that's completely fine if you feel not able to, but if you would like to give it a go I believe in you more than id believe in me lol

• Haha 1

Any way I can get an edited version of the arcade cabinet screen with the scanline style overlay and the background reflection in the screen removed?

Always the best theme out here ! But the CTC files of the discountinued theme doesnt open in the community theme creator :/ it's too bad cause your famous ''fading wheel'' is too good to pass on :D

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Hvitson said:

Always the best theme out here ! But the CTC files of the discountinued theme doesnt open in the community theme creator :/ it's too bad cause your famous ''fading wheel'' is too good to pass on :D

Thanks man :) It doesn't work for me either anymore. I have deleted it from the downloads.

On 1/5/2024 at 3:29 PM, Mr. RetroLust said:

Thanks man :) It doesn't work for me either anymore. I have deleted it from the downloads.

Oh damn ! I miss the fading wheel in the main build, thought it was so cool and it's hard to replicate in the theme creator at least i don't have the skills to :/

Edited by Hvitson

8 hours ago, Hvitson said:

Oh damn ! I miss the fading wheel in the main build, thought it was so cool and it's hard to replicate in the theme creator at least i don't have the skills to :/

You can still download the theme version with the fading wheel though.

On 1/8/2024 at 10:18 AM, Mr. RetroLust said:

You can still download the theme version with the fading wheel though.

Yes of course ! But it was cool to put it up to date and personalize with the community files ! This way we don't need to annoy you by asking you to add this or that to your theme 😁

• Game On 1