LaunchBox Community Forums

CoinOps Redux 1.0.5

(5 reviews)

30 Screenshots

About This File

What is it?

CoinOps Redux is a port of CoinOps Next to BigBox, co-created with @Klopjero.

The theme has been developed using the Community Theme Creator (all the credit to @y2guru) and should display correctly in both 16:9 and 4:3 ratios.

As in the case of CoinOps, it relies on 1120x1080 fanart images for game wheel views.

Big thanks to BritneysPAIRS and the CoinOps team for their work in CoinOps and for their amazing theme design.

Views

It includes the following BigBox views:

- 4 platform views.

- 2 game wheels for arcade based systems.

- 2 game wheels for non-arcade based systems.

- 2 horizontal game wheels.

- Systems view.

Supporting more than 130 systems.

For platform views, we suggest to use @viking colorful videos.

Files available

[CoinOps Redux 1.0.zip] The BigBox theme files. Just uncompress and copy / paste to Launchbox\Themes folder. All platform background images are included in the file.

[Platforms] Sets of fanart images (1120x1080) for several platforms. If you want to use them, just unzip and copy / paste to Launchbox\Images\[Platform]\Fanart - Background.

* It is also possible to use the fanart packs uploaded by @RedSnake for his DarkRoom theme (or use these in DarkRoom).

Showcase

What's New in Version 1.0.5   See changelog

Released

Updated using the latest version of the theme creator, solving the freezing issue. Thanks to @y2guru for this.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5
  • The Cake is a Lie 1
  • Unusual Gem 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

16 hours ago, CMOSS said:

Can you post a screenshot of the problem? We will take a look.

Sure. I'll use Steam and "PC Favorites", a custom playlist I made, as an example.

16 hours ago, CMOSS said:

That's actually a good idea. We will give it a thought to add a couple of horizontal game wheels for the next update.

Awesome! Keep up the good work!

Spoiler

Steam

Steam.PNG

PC Favorites

PC Favorites.PNG

Edited by Obsidian74

7 hours ago, Obsidian74 said:

Sure. I'll use Steam and "PC Favorites", a custom playlist I made, as an example.

Awesome! Keep up the good work!

Hide contents

Steam

Steam.PNG

PC Favorites

PC Favorites.PNG

yea playlists is a problem as we use alot of customviews throughout the theme. the Windows systems is a thing..we probably I should have masked the back of the monitor @CMOSS, on the other hand we could add a small blackborder around the the video and consider the fanart background as a dynamic bezel ;) 

• Like 1

Awesome work, I love it. I would like to be able to see the platforms in a special way. Mame and neogeo with their cabinet and with a marquee for each game and consoles with their platform image, is it possible?

Edited by dagosal10

sometimes when backing out of a platform's game view the image that usually fades away after a few seconds wont disappear and the platform video plays behind the image never showing. 

Also is there a way to just skip those images from showing before the platform videos or at lease not showing for so long?

1 hour ago, darreldearth said:

sometimes when backing out of a platform's game view the image that usually fades away after a few seconds wont disappear and the platform video plays behind the image never showing. 

Also is there a way to just skip those images from showing before the platform videos or at lease not showing for so long?

We'll take a look.

I'm really diggin' this theme on my standup arcade.  However, it doesn't seem to play very nice with my 4:3 monitor - the 'arcade cabinet' graphic gets stretched too tall, and the the scale lines are out of place.  I've removed the scale lines and shadow images, so that part is better.  But is there something I should be doing to get the aspect correct?  I tried "forcing 4:3" in the .xml file, but it didn't make any difference.  Side note: I'm also really hoping to use this theme on my vertical cabinets as well.  Thanks! 

7 hours ago, glowof1000suns said:

I'm really diggin' this theme on my standup arcade.  However, it doesn't seem to play very nice with my 4:3 monitor - the 'arcade cabinet' graphic gets stretched too tall, and the the scale lines are out of place.  I've removed the scale lines and shadow images, so that part is better.  But is there something I should be doing to get the aspect correct?  I tried "forcing 4:3" in the .xml file, but it didn't make any difference.  Side note: I'm also really hoping to use this theme on my vertical cabinets as well.  Thanks! 

Tell me which views you want to have in 4x3. We can get them ready fairly quickly.

Edited by CMOSS

I'm also really interested in this (just posted in 'Noobs' forum, thinking of switching to LB/BB from Hyperspin/RLUI), but I run a vertical arcade in 3:4 and can't find (m)any vertical themes for 3:4 monitors (they all seem to be for 9:16?).

For me, the screens in question would be Arcade, PC/Steam games, Dreamcast.

How easy is it to make your own vertical theme and/or adapt someone else's to 3:4? Because, like, this is BEAUTIFUL.

Edited by Psynaptik

4 hours ago, CMOSS said:

Tell me which views you want to have in 4x3. We can get them ready fairly quickly.

For real?  That'd be amazing!  So, this is only used for MAME, so if by "views" you mean "consoles", then I'd only need the arcade.  One cab is 1024x768 and the other is, obviously, 768x1024.  Thank you!  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, glowof1000suns said:

For real?  That'd be amazing!  So, this is only used for MAME, so if by "views" you mean "consoles", then I'd only need the arcade.  One cab is 1024x768 and the other is, obviously, 768x1024.  Thank you!  

A 4x3 version is something that I've had in mind for sometime. I will adapt the views only on demand, so I will start with the arcade one.

Edited by CMOSS

2 hours ago, Psynaptik said:

I'm also really interested in this (just posted in 'Noobs' forum, thinking of switching to LB/BB from Hyperspin/RLUI), but I run a vertical arcade in 3:4 and can't find (m)any vertical themes for 3:4 monitors (they all seem to be for 9:16?).

For me, the screens in question would be Arcade, PC/Steam games, Dreamcast.

How easy is it to make your own vertical theme and/or adapt someone else's to 3:4? Because, like, this is BEAUTIFUL.

That's easy, if you have the right tools. Like this one :)

There are quite some themes in the forum developed with @y2guru's tool that have shared the source files, like:

BannerBox, by @faeran

or LV-101, by @thimolor

2 of the best themes you can find. These can be modified to your liking using the tool and the source files.

If you want to work on a theme that either is not developed with the tool or is not sharing the source files, then you will need to modify the XAML code directly.

Hope this helps.

That does help. I'm deliberating about whether to pay for BB license, because the only reason I would is to get my vertical 3:4 cab looking good again without the pain and agony of RLUI and Hyperspin. I'll have a look at the theme creator. Can I see how it might work with Launchbox free?

Thanks for replying!

Edited by Psynaptik

3 minutes ago, Psynaptik said:

That does help. I'm deliberating about whether to pay for BB license, because the only reason I would is to get my vertical 3:4 cab looking good again without the pain and agony of RLUI and Hyperspin. I'll have a look at the theme creator. Can I see how it might work with Launchbox free?

Thanks for replying!

You can use the creator for free, and develop your themes. You will not be able to see them in action, though, as for that you have to run BigBox and that requires a licence.

Anyway, the creator is a WYSIWYG version of the theme, except for the wheel, that it is not visible there. So you will get a good idea of how it would run.

Hi there,

Trying to get to grips with the Theme Creator but not havign a lot of luck. Can't see a preview of anything, even though I've done the fake rom list generation.

Also can't seem to get it to create a vertical theme, even on a vertical monitor! When I make a new theme, stretched, still makes it in 4:3 rather than 3:4.

Also, how on earth do you get started working out how everything works? I can't find any docs or tut videos ANYWHERE.

Could you point me in the right direction to get started? Any tutorials people made? Any documents that exist? Any themes I can import and deconstruct? Ideally I'm looking for something with that 'Hyperspin' game wheel thing going on.

Thanks for any help.

9 minutes ago, Psynaptik said:

Hi there,

Trying to get to grips with the Theme Creator but not havign a lot of luck. Can't see a preview of anything, even though I've done the fake rom list generation.

Also can't seem to get it to create a vertical theme, even on a vertical monitor! When I make a new theme, stretched, still makes it in 4:3 rather than 3:4.

Also, how on earth do you get started working out how everything works? I can't find any docs or tut videos ANYWHERE.

Could you point me in the right direction to get started? Any tutorials people made? Any documents that exist? Any themes I can import and deconstruct? Ideally I'm looking for something with that 'Hyperspin' game wheel thing going on.

Thanks for any help.

The generated fake roms are useless unless you import them in Launchbox as a set of roms for a platform. What the creator does is go through your set of platforms and games, and that is what it previews.

For existing themes, I refer to my previous post (scroll a little bit up). Bannerbox and LV-101 have the source files available. But still, you would need to have some platforms and roms in Launchbox.

This is a screenshot of LV-101 in the theme creator. The Arcade platform is my own setup of the platform in Lauchbox, and that's what's being previewed using a specific view of LV-101.

imagen.thumb.png.76e1101ac1f3fba065dab9c1711062cf.png

Edited by CMOSS

Okay, thanks. I'll go have a play with those and see what I can work out.

If I get chance one day I'd love to do some kind of quick start written guide or a quick video. I found one on YouTube, but it's like over 2 hours. Still, good it's there. Surprised there isn't more for this kind of stuff.

On 12/21/2020 at 2:17 PM, glowof1000suns said:

4x3 version available. Check the post abov.

Enjoy!

314467122_Balksz-1.thumb.jpg.9530dec863427ea6e908c4bd1a3aee42.jpghi great job but i can't see the views tab and others. 

1288626596_Balksz-1.thumb.jpg.598d6e31a3d4ec19c56c802db20ef70e.jpgplatforms and their lists look like this... what i did wrong? I just unzipped theme to themes folder...

2 hours ago, hobapli said:

314467122_Balksz-1.thumb.jpg.9530dec863427ea6e908c4bd1a3aee42.jpghi great job but i can't see the views tab and others. 

1288626596_Balksz-1.thumb.jpg.598d6e31a3d4ec19c56c802db20ef70e.jpgplatforms and their lists look like this... what i did wrong? I just unzipped theme to themes folder...

You have to change the views manually to fit the one that you want. I would recommend that you map a keyboard key to iterate through the views (Options / Keyboard mappings / Change view). Then click that key while on the view until you get the one that you want.

1 hour ago, CMOSS said:

You have to change the views manually to fit the one that you want. I would recommend that you map a keyboard key to iterate through the views (Options / Keyboard mappings / Change view). Then click that key while on the view until you get the one that you want.

its worked !! thank you so much im so happy now

Is it possible to see the platform videos (or playlist videos) directly while browsing between platforms or playlist.
I'm talking about removing those pictures...

6 hours ago, hobapli said:

Is it possible to see the platform videos (or playlist videos) directly while browsing between platforms or playlist.

I'm talking about removing those pictures...

Yes it is, but for the time being (as we have not shared yet the community creator source files) you will have to edit the xaml code directly. Let me know the view(s) that you would like to change and I will tell you how to do it.