LaunchBox Community Forums

CoinOps Redux 1.0.5

(5 reviews)

30 Screenshots

About This File

What is it?

CoinOps Redux is a port of CoinOps Next to BigBox, co-created with @Klopjero.

The theme has been developed using the Community Theme Creator (all the credit to @y2guru) and should display correctly in both 16:9 and 4:3 ratios.

As in the case of CoinOps, it relies on 1120x1080 fanart images for game wheel views.

Big thanks to BritneysPAIRS and the CoinOps team for their work in CoinOps and for their amazing theme design.

Views

It includes the following BigBox views:

- 4 platform views.

- 2 game wheels for arcade based systems.

- 2 game wheels for non-arcade based systems.

- 2 horizontal game wheels.

- Systems view.

Supporting more than 130 systems.

For platform views, we suggest to use @viking colorful videos.

Files available

[CoinOps Redux 1.0.zip] The BigBox theme files. Just uncompress and copy / paste to Launchbox\Themes folder. All platform background images are included in the file.

[Platforms] Sets of fanart images (1120x1080) for several platforms. If you want to use them, just unzip and copy / paste to Launchbox\Images\[Platform]\Fanart - Background.

* It is also possible to use the fanart packs uploaded by @RedSnake for his DarkRoom theme (or use these in DarkRoom).

Showcase

What's New in Version 1.0.5   See changelog

Released

Updated using the latest version of the theme creator, solving the freezing issue. Thanks to @y2guru for this.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5
  • The Cake is a Lie 1
  • Unusual Gem 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Amazing Big Box Theme, thanks a lot!

I have only a problem with the theme videos... the videos and environment flicker permanently as you can see in the sample i´ve uploaded - i don´t have this with any other Big Box theme and it doesn´t matter with CoinOps view i choose... do you have any idea what could be the reason for this?

Kind Regards!

Mike

Hi! I don't know what is going on. Have you tried changing the video player (VLC or Windows Media)?

@MikeDeltaHHIt could come maybe from your screen, I had the case on my samsung G9 I had even more pronounced flashing (I was in 140 hzt) I went back to 60 no more problem

@CMOSS Both video player are affected!

@PaDeMoNiuM Thanks for your hint, flashing appears at 144 hz and 100 hz - with 60 hz it works! But for my games 144hz is better so i had to switch to another theme... 

Regards!

Mike

Hi Cmoss! Great work and theme, love it! I am using the 16:10 windows handheld , it would been really helpful if you could provide a community creator of the CopinOPs Redux so that I could ajust little bit of display. Thank you very much!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MuffinXXL said:

Hi Cmoss! Great work and theme, love it! I am using the 16:10 windows handheld , it would been really helpful if you could provide a community creator of the CopinOPs Redux so that I could ajust little bit of display. Thank you very much!!

Hi! We will make the creator files available once we port it to the latest version of it (that will be released soon).

44 minutes ago, CMOSS said:

Hi! We will make the creator files available once we port it to the latest version of it (that will be released soon).

Thank you very much!

I seem to be having trouble displaying this theme correctly. Hopefully you can point me in the right direction. 

I placed the "COINOPS REDUX" (1.0.5) folder inside the "Themes" folder. The zip file was "unlocked" before exporting the folder.  The only system and games I am using is for MAME. I am running Big Box version 11.12. 

When I go to Manage Themes inside Big Box, I can see "COINOPS REDUX". When I highlight it, it looks incomplete. There are only three buttons (Uninstall, Apply as Main Theme, Details) and all the developer/version info is labeled "Unknown". 

When I apply the theme to everything, the Big Box Main Menu and Playlist view look to be from COINOPS REDUX. But when I select a playlist, it goes to the Big Box Default view instead of COINOPS REDUX. 

If there is any other information I can give for assistance, I would appreciate it. 

Thank you.

Hi @fettsvett201!

I suggest that you map a keyboard key to change the view (you will see this option within BigBox). Then, once you navigate to a playlist or platform, use that key to cycle through the available views until you find the one you like.

Let me know if this helps.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2021 at 9:44 PM, Mr. Skerpentine said:

I noticed pinball table assets in the files. Is there a way to use them if I have Pinball games set as a platform?

Hi @Mr. Skerpentine!

Yes, you can. If I remember correctly (I am on holidays and don’t have the theme with me), we have a couple of pinball views. If you go to the views folder of the theme you will see a couple of files with pinball on their name. You would need to copy or rename one of those files to match your platform name.

let me know if you figure this out. If not, I will help you out in a few days.

15 hours ago, CMOSS said:

Hi @fettsvett201!

I suggest that you map a keyboard key to change the view (you will see this option within BigBox). Then, once you navigate to a playlist or platform, use that key to cycle through the available views until you find the one you like.

Let me know if this helps.

Yup! That did it. Thank you. 

Hello

is there an estimate to when the creator files will be released? I would like to add a window to display the controls to the game and it would be super helpful (its for my nephew). I am toying around with the XAML but the creator files would be a bit easier. 

No rush or demands or anything like that. Thank you for an awesome theme. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/31/2021 at 10:09 PM, fettsvett201 said:

is there an estimate to when the creator files will be released? I would like to add a window to display the controls to the game and it would be super helpful (its for my nephew). I am toying around with the XAML but the creator files would be a bit easier.

Hi @fettsvett201,

I think the new version of the CTC will be released this coming weekend. We would need a couple of weeks to port the theme, so we could be ready by the end of the month.

Is there any way to turn off the platform logo banner that scrolls from left to right? at the top of the screen when viewing games?  I see that view 4 turns off the scrolling game information at the bottom but don't see any option to turn off the top one.  I'm trying to incorporate new images from CoinOps Collections into this theme but just stuck at this one part. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Great looking theme. I am trying to add the view that shows the box and the disk or cartridge in the games list but i cannot find it. Can someone please help?

• I tried every wheel combination for the games list view and cannot find the view with a picture of an arcade on the left and horizonal scroll wheel on the right (i am referring to this image.  

Screen Shot 2023-11-09 at 2.42.09 PM.png

Very good theme !! I saw some people talking about the theme creator files, have they been added somewhere? Thanks a lot :)