Rincewind Theme 1.9.6

(3 reviews)

9 Screenshots

About This File

Total Game Count now works in all Languages

Updated the plugin Now on the new version of @NJDave71's Plugin (v4),

You may need to Unblock the plugin.

Credit to @NJDave71 for his plugin

Wow finally ready to release!! First off I have to mention that this is my first attempt to design a theme and secondly thank you to @viking as it was the base for the theme, and @criticalcid for all the help when I got stuck :)

Please install the font supplied in the folder before you start.

This theme has been designed around these platform clear logos and I recommend installing them to get the intended look

- simply download them and add them in the  ...\ LaunchBox \ Themes \ <Theme name> \ Images \ Platforms \ Clear Logo.
Remember to make sure the files are named the same as your platform name.

I also recommend using these platform images.

- simply download them and add them in the  ...\ LaunchBox \ Themes \ <Theme name> \ Images \ Platforms \ Banner.
Remember to make sure the files are named the same as your platform name.

What's New in Version 1.9.6   See changelog

Released

Total Game Count now works in all Languages

Updated the plugin Now on the new version of @NJDave71's Plugin (v4),

You may need to Unblock the plugin.

Still cant sort out the animated gif not scaling properly on different monitor resolutions, Would love it if anyone has any ideas...... HELP!!! ;) 

Categories & Playlist TOTAL GAMES now work. Credit goes to @NJDave71 for his HelperControl Plugin. 

TOTAL GAMES should now align properly on 4k screens

Removed scanline effect from all videos

Added the Community Star Rating to be displayed on most game views.

Also removed the rounded corners so that VLC will now work (shame on vlc).

Remember if you using the Banners and Clear Platform Logos from the above links then you will need to add them back in.

Rincewind---update.thumb.png.bfc3b1f3558ff38a750ca221d9e3ecc6.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanks @lezok I will take a look at the city hunter code and see where its different. I think that theme does it without the @NJDave71 plugin, can you tell me does the game count work if your in the categories view using the city hunter theme?

@lezok In big box go to options > Platform Details > Show Total Games and make sure it's checked.   otherwise you will see "0" for the games count.

Edited by NJDave71

3 hours ago, Rincewind said:

Thanks @lezok I will take a look at the city hunter code and see where its different. I think that theme does it without the @NJDave71 plugin, can you tell me does the game count work if your in the categories view using the city hunter theme?

I get game count everywhere with city hunter latest release:platforms category and platforms.

1 hour ago, NJDave71 said:

@lezok In big box go to options > Platform Details > Show Total Games and make sure it's checked.   otherwise you will see "0" for the games count.

Of course it was checked from begining.

@Rincewind I just tested your theme and the Total Game Count is working fine.  The City Hunter uses the same Path=Details but returns everything.  

Edited by NJDave71

10 hours ago, NJDave71 said:

the Total Game count only works with the English translation.  

Right.I just tried to switch to english and it's working.

It's not a big deal for me but it would be great if you could make it work in french and  other languages .

Edited by lezok

Yes now I can see Total number of games and all the titles text!
Only issue is that I continue to not see the stars of the community ratings and the minor scale issue with "select platform/game" plaque.
Thanks a lot for your effort!

Thanks for the feedback. Can you see the Community Stars in any of the views?

The select platform/game I need to see if I can sort, I tried a few things but they failed

Hi!!

Fantastic theme!!!

- It's possible to dissable the "select platform" gif?

- It's possible to dissable the rounded black border in game videos? I have a small screen 1024x768 and with the rounded black effect my game videos are to dark. I Want to see the videos with no effects.

Thanks in advance!!

I haven't tried but you could either delete the gif image from the theme and see if it just ignores it.

I've been thinking of swapping it with new non animated image instead but I do like it on the 16:9 animated.

Which view are you using can you put up a screenshot so I can see the rounded black border, thanks

Hi,

New to the Launchbox community so sorry if this has been answered somewhere else. I seached but couldn't fint the answer I was looking for. So I've downloaded this theme as well as the suggested logos and images. 
It all worked great except for the trio of gameboy logos. I still had the clear logo downloaded during default setup. I've checked the spelling and cleared image cache. I've worked around the issue by removing the old clear logo and added the clear logo from the theme into the standard folder. However as I plan to add more platforms - am I missing something?

When it comes to images and things that relate to a platform then your correct the spelling needs to be exactly the same even the use of capitals and lowercase, so I normally copy & paste the name to be sure. other than that you seem to of done everything correctly, when refreshing the image cache you could try just the platform clearlogos first and then all images if that doesn't work. Let me know how you get on.

thanks for your theme. However, my platform view does not have "favourtite" as the one your picture shown. Is there any why to fix it?

Hey @Rincewind .  I love this Theme!
This is still one of the most beautiful and responsive themes we have in the LaunchBox community.
It deserve to be improved, more video resolution compatibility and more support. Is this theme still open for improvement?

At first, I have a problem with overlapping items. Can you help me by telling me how to adjust this:

image.thumb.png.445364acdde4b5a94eb0b1f3136b9da4.png

Here the scrolling text should be delimited and not rise from the outer edge.
I also think the video could be centered with the text below. It would look better if it had rounded corners.

Also, it wouldn't be bad to be able to disable the video and have the plattform banner centered in its place. How could I do this?
image.thumb.png.8394e604419d5806b8792e0fbec87273.png

Thank you very much in advance !

Edited by soqueroeu

Hey @soqueroeu, wow that theme really is a blast from the past. Literally the first one I attempted. If I remember correctly it only really works on 16:9 and windows scale at 100% as it was made by trial and error adjusting the xaml code in notepad. Now the CTC is here I could see if it could be ported over and iron out those bad design decisions. As for the rounded corners on the videos I think they only worked when using the correct media player (WMP or VLC) but there are better ways now to make it work on both. Not sure when I will be able to get round to porting it as I am just finishing up a new theme but will take a look after its finished.

• Like 1

Thanks for your attention @Rincewind !

Please don't give up on this theme. If you can get it to CTC, you'll be able to change a lot of things and give it a very long lifespan.

• Thanks 1

@Rincewind , I'm messing with the configuration files here. 🤭
I managed to change some things. I didn't find in the .xml any information that controls the FAVORITES word, at the top of the screen. Can you tell me where the controls are for it?

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.d4d7287be431498f918758ef08ff18a6.png

Edited by soqueroeu

2 hours ago, Rincewind said:

I think it's in the ThumbnailListView.xaml file.

Yeah!

The controls are there. I can change the color and font. But unfortunately I couldn't change the font size. Adding the values has no effect. Any tips?
image.thumb.png.a04a865324fbcc97af9d04458a042405.png

@soqueroeu I'm not sure if this will work.... Replace this that line with this

<TextBlock Name="Title" FontFamily="Arcade Interlaced" FontSize="12" DockPanel.Dock="Top" Foreground="#b2b2b2" />

Or if that doesn't work it could be that the style is being set somewhere else.