LaunchBox Community Forums

1 Screenshot

About This File

**This removes the nag screen that informs you if a rom doesn't work correctly, or if at all, if you use this no nag, then please do NOT go to the mame support site with issues with games, please only use if you understand that there will be no help from anyone at mamedev as you are using a modified version of mame.

Contents: mame.exe - Normal Mame with Nags removed. (Note mame no longer carries the 64 in its exe name changed by Devs in 0.229)

This version also allows the games Akai Katana and Dodonpachi Saidaioujou  to be played.

It's advisable to download the full mame official pack and install it, then just overwrite the exe with the replacement, this covers any changes the mame devs may have made to the support files.

After you have done this, make sure you copy the folders artwork, ctrlr, cheat, hlsl, ini, folders and the ini files from the root of your original mame folder, and move/copy them to the new install.  

If you are using your own installed/setup of mame then make sure you also set in the mame.ini  'Skip_gameinfo  1'

If you got Launchbox to setup mame for you when asked, you only need to replace the exe and play.

As some are not sure about  False Positives, and report a virus was detected, As goes for all versions i upload, they are all ran through virustotal before i upload, and if by any chance something did end up with an issue it would be noticed very quickly after upload and would be removed/restricted.

0.270 - VirusTotal - File - e1692f246a8062bbc3568385eb1912d853a993b067009eb9f3ae391475a3cbaa

All NEW versions of the No-Nag will be posted in this download thread only, if you wish to get the new releases every month, either follow myself or the thread, As the download section will not show any new releases.

Edited by MadK9
Updated Virustotal for 0.270 & Tags

What's New in Version 0.268   See changelog

Released

From /r/mame

MAME 0.268

We’re pleased to announce that MAME 0.268 is available for your enjoyment. This release adds support for Au, an almost forgotten four-way shooter released by Tehkan in 1983. Two IGS redemption games, Fearless Pinocchio and Super Kids, are now playable and have working sound. Speaking of IGS, the Super Poker games were also made playable this month. After many years, the last major issues in Merit’s Match’em Up have been resolved. The quiz game Revelations has had its LaserDisc dumped, and the game is now emulated.

Several more Apple Macintosh models are now working, including the high-end IIfx, Quadra 900 and Quadra 950, the Macintosh Portable, and the PowerBook 100. Three 68k-based workstations made by Hewlett-Packard in the early 1980s, the HP 9826A, HP 9836A and HP 9836C, have been added in this release. Speaking of Hewlett-Packard, the HP9133 external disk interface is now supported, giving you more storage options for the HP 9000/200 and HP 9000/300 series computers.

This release adds the original release of Pop’n Music Animelo 2, the Konami release of Guttang Gottong, and quite a few chess computers. Sanyo’s PHC-20 8-bit home computer and Thaler’s MPS-65 and CT-65 6502 development boards are now supported. Software list updates include a more complete collection of NV Magazine disks for MSX 2 computers and the latest clean cracks of Apple II software on floppy disks.

You can read about all the work that went into this release in the whatsnew.txt file. The source code and 64-bit Windows binary packages are available from https://www.mamedev.org/release.html

• Like 33
  • Thanks 34
  • Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 2

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

Carr Islar

5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

Thank you for the work and great job.

• Like 1
Link to review
NightVoice

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Really great build of this, but I wish they'd add some way to suppress the display of savestate loading messages.

Link to review
TrailerVert

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Thank you for the 0.261 version. Now Road Riot 4WD starts up fast! We play that game a lot. lol

Link to review
jimiz

I think MAME NO NAG binary is the BEST!!!!  
Long Live !!! 👍

Link to review
tonywinseton

Thanks to bring me in arcade.

Link to review
darkaegis

8 of 9 members found this review helpful 8 / 9 members

Really appreciate what you do. You're pretty much singlehandedly responsible for streamlining my arcade experience - thank you!

Link to review

You are truly doing God's work! 

I hope it's not too presumptious, but I'd like to suggest a feature for future updates. Every time the user loads a save state in Mame, there is a popup message that says "save state sucessfully loaded".  I would be so happy if that message disappeared forever! I'm using save states to skip the boot sequence on arcade games, and this popup essentially acts as another nag screen, making it impossible to have a clean and seamless launch. People who use save states to practice certain challenges are also complaining about this popup message, because it blocks visibility on part of the screen and screws up their ability to play.

Link to review