LaunchBox Community Forums

Antny's Transparent Cabinets 10

(3 reviews)

5 Screenshots

About This File

For a long time, I thought it would be great to have quality arcade cabinet images for my favorite frontend, Launchbox.  What else, lol?  I think that the artwork and images of these cabinets should be preserved. These have transparent backgrounds to maximize their use in themes, especially now that we have the wonderful Community Theme Creator (Thanks y2guru!).  These cabinets have been resized & cleaned up, where feasible.   I will upload the higher resolution copies of these to an FTP.  They can be added to the Launchbox database if someone feels up to doing it. This is YEARS in the making, so I hope you enjoy.

I originally strived for accuracy, as far as region goes.  I could not determine if the some of the U.S. cabinets were the same in other regions.  So, I kind of gave up in the middle.  You may have to copy/rename some to your liking.  I was going to spend more time going through them but at this point I thought I would just share them.  I'm a little burned out at this point anyway.

If you would like to help out to make this project continue/better, I could use the following:

- finding images on the net or if you live close to an arcade or go to shows you can take high-resolution shots (the higher the better).  If you can take super high-resolution images that would be perfect.   Full cabinet at an angle, not partial or blocked (minimum 1600 pixels high, preferably much higher). Additionally, straight on shots can be added also.  You can see what I'm looking for by checking out the images in the packs.  Maybe you have friends at KLOV or other forums and can get them to take pictures.  

- Cleaning & cutting out images. Quality cutouts and cleaning only.  I'm trying to create the ultimate reference for these cabinets.

- Identifying region.  Anyone with knowledge of the cabinets.  It would come in handy.

- Errors.  See something wrong.  I forgot something.  

- Thoughts.  I would love feedback.  Do you like the sizing?  Should they be bigger?  Smaller?  Ideas to make this project better?

- Thoughts on making a thread on one of the forums so people can upload their images?  Maybe a forum category?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teknoparrot, Dice & Daphne packs on the way......

I have high resolution control panel packs just about ready for release. They look great.  I'm going to release them at 1200 pixels wide.  Thoughts on size?  If you are taking pictures, take a bunch of the control panels straight on at different heights.  Side art also.  

Feel free to PM me.

I hope you like them.

Tony (AKA Antny)

Edited by Antny

What's New in Version 10   See changelog

Released

Updated with new cabinets I found.  If you would like the full-sized images, I am slowly adding them to the DB.  I've added 3300+ images so far.  Any help getting raw images is appreciated. 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3
  • Unusual Gem 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This looks awesome, congratulations with the project. A much-needed set, for sure.

Where did you get most of your images from? Did you use any of the ones in the MAME artwork set? How complete is your collection? Launchbox generally imports around 3000 MAME/arcade games.

Also, what about high-res 3D rotatable models? :D

Edited by Retrofrogg

Thanks for the compliment.  Most of the images are from the web.  Many of them I took myself from arcade shows.  The collection is big but far from complete.  I'm hoping I can get help getting images as time goes on.

3D models would be great but it's beyond my skillset.  :)

@Mr.Retrolust.  Thanks my friend but I believe I have all those files.   I hope you are doing well.  I have to give my son some credit as he cuts out a lot of the images for me.  I clean them up and cut them out when I can.  2022 was busy for me so he felt bad and helped out.  I'm hoping I can dedicate some time this year for more projects.  I do check the LB website from time to time to see all that is going on.  I'm impressed with all your files and hard work.  I can see the passion in what you do.

Here's to a great 2023

• Thanks 2
  • Unusual Gem 1

5 hours ago, Antny said:

@Mr.Retrolust.  Thanks my friend but I believe I have all those files.   I hope you are doing well.  I have to give my son some credit as he cuts out a lot of the images for me.  I clean them up and cut them out when I can.  2022 was busy for me so he felt bad and helped out.  I'm hoping I can dedicate some time this year for more projects.  I do check the LB website from time to time to see all that is going on.  I'm impressed with all your files and hard work.  I can see the passion in what you do.

Here's to a great 2023

Thanks man :) Well even if you are busy I love your work as well, a lot of time, passion and dedication went into them! Give your son my thanks it's really appreciated what he's doing :) 👍 Best wishes for this year bro!

I'll upload what I have here in packs upcoming hours as I deleted the project page as I won't finish it ever. Hopefully it can come of good use.

Thanks for uploading those. There are many images I didn’t have.  That will make 5.0 much better.  Thanks again my friend.  

• Game On 2

1 hour ago, Antny said:

Thanks for uploading those. There are many images I didn’t have.  That will make 5.0 much better.  Thanks again my friend.  

Good luck man :) I was stupid enough not to take note of the people that helped out with the project so far when I deleted the page, there was one particular person that cut out many cabs (beside you of course, you did the most) but I forgot his name, I hope he'll forgive me.

@Mr. RetroLust I just checked in the Inbox the group we had about the Arcade Cabinets project a couple years ago, and I think that @dssbob completed a couple of letters at that time. Did not read all the chain messages so I might be forgetting somebody else. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Kondorito said:

@Mr. RetroLust I just checked in the Inbox the group we had about the Arcade Cabinets project a couple years ago, and I think that @dssbob completed a couple of letters at that time. Did not read all the chain messages so I might be forgetting somebody else. 

Thank you so much man! I cleaned up my messages too thoroughly as well. Yep thats him, don't forget to credit him @Antny