LaunchBox Community Forums

StationEmulation Theme 1.3.0

(8 reviews)

5 Screenshots

About This File

#01. Description:

A  tribute to famous EmulationStation, master on Raspberry Pi system. 

#02. Features:

• new - FanArt blurring effect is buildin. No need to manually blur the images. (Only on Platform View without scanline)
  • Hardware image = Banner Image folder (.png)
  • Date = information taken into platform details setting.
  • Vignetting effect is buildin. No image/video manipulation needed.

#03. Showcase:

Platform View variant :

Platform_View_Details.thumb.jpg.4154dc7327def64ea17cbd6c0bcafb74.jpg

Games View :

Games_View_01.jpgGames_View_02.jpgGames_View_03.jpgGames_View_04.jpgGames_View_05.jpg

#04. Request :

• Require LaunchBox and BigBox v7.0 (and supperior)

#05. How To Install :

• Download the latest version of the theme.
  • Unzipped the "StationEmulation" folder into your :   .../LaunchBox / Themes.
  • Dont rename the "StationEmulation" folder.
  • Open BigBox, go to [Option> View] and select [StationEmulation] as theme.
  • Go back into main interface
  • Done !

#06. How to Setup :

IMAGES TRANSITION

• = setup  "Main image filter"  on  "Horizontal Slide".

HOW TO - CHANGING THE VIEW STYLE (platform & games pages)

• In BigBox Option > Keyboard Mapper > Change View = assign a key.
  • Go back to main view and press this key.

ADJUSTMENT

• Please, look at the pictures above.

#07. Option & change :

Thx to @Nyny77 :
 On the platform view, to replace the DATE by the NUMBER OF GAMES :

• Find the good platform view file  (like "PlatformWheel1FiltersView.xaml")
  • In file, find these line :
    <!--"DATE" IN SMALL LINE-->
                <Viewbox StretchDirection="DownOnly" Stretch="Uniform" Grid.Row="2">
                <TextBlock Text="{Binding Path=SelectedPlatform.ReleaseDate, StringFormat=yyyy}" Foreground="#393a3b" FontFamily="Segoe UI Semilight" FontSize="40" TextAlignment="Center" Opacity="0.9"/>
                </Viewbox>
  • Delete these lines and replace them with these :
    <!-- PLATFORM TOTAL GAMES -->
                <TextBlock Grid.Row="2"  Text="GAMES AVAILABLE: " Foreground="#393a3b" FontFamily="Segoe UI Semilight" FontSize="40" TextAlignment="Left" Margin="750,0,0,0"/>
                <TextBlock Grid.Row="2"  Text="{Binding Path=SelectedPlatform.TotalGameCount}" Foreground="#393a3b" FontFamily="Segoe UI Semilight" FontSize="40" TextAlignment="Left" Margin="1100,0,0,0"/>

#08. Specially designed custom media :
In addition, I shared a whole series of media specially designed for this theme. Of course, you can use any media your want.
I invite you to download them and follow the installation instructions on each of the pages listed below:

#09. Changelog :

v.1.3.0

• add - Buildin blur effect on fanart. Only on PlatformView without scanline effet.
  • add - Search bar by letter. Only on GamesView. (Problems remain on the TextList and BoxView views. Sorry)

v.1.2.0

• add - 5 platform page variant + 5 games pages variant.

v.1.1.0

• add - 4 platform page variant + game list page.

v.1.0.1

• fix - minor bug

v.1.0.0

• Initial BETA release.

What's New in Version 1.0.1   See changelog

Released

• Minor bug correction test
  • Add 2 view : with and without hardware picture (From Banner folder)
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

LogicalEgo

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Beautiful theme. Looks how much it makes my backgrounds pop.

stationemulation_zpsj6q9oszu.png

• Like 3
Link to review
Somanygamessolittletime

Hi

Well done for your hard work.

Being familiar with Retropie, I really like the emulationstation theme.One suggestion regarding the Games Available option (#07). The margins for this don't look right. I had a play around with it and think the code you should replace with should be:

<!-- PLATFORM TOTAL GAMES -->
              <TextBlock Grid.Row="2"  Text="GAMES AVAILABLE: " Foreground="#393a3b" FontFamily="Segoe UI Semilight" FontSize="40" TextAlignment="Left" Margin="550,0,0,0"/>
              <TextBlock Grid.Row="2"  Text="{Binding Path=SelectedPlatform.TotalGameCount}" Foreground="#393a3b" FontFamily="Segoe UI Semilight" FontSize="40" TextAlignment="Left" Margin="950,0,0,0"/>

The text alignment of 550 & 950 respectively seems to mirror the original a little closer. I have also found that if you edit this in platformwheel2filtersview instead this gives a theme again closer to the original. 

Personal preference I suppose, but some might find this useful.

Once again, thanks for the theme!

• Like 1
Link to review
Nyny77

Magnifique thème, vivement une mise a jour !

Awesome !

Link to review
darkaegis

I've always been a fan of the looks of EmulationStation, but the fact that it had been abandoned and the fact that Launchbox is far more user friendly kept me with Launchbox.

Now I've got the best of both worlds. This theme is beautiful, clean, and functional. I couldn't ask for a better theme, really. Many thanks to Viking for making it.

Link to review
Riffman81

Being a Raspberry Pi 3 owner myself and having a full Emulation Station setup, I really like this! Hope to see it progress :)

• Like 1
Link to review
donatello

· Edited by donatello

Awesome beginings to something that can really grow! Sure you may just have the intro screen banner set up as a concept but that is how all greatness starts is with an idea. I hope you release a vesion 1.2 or 1.3 up to version 10 in the days, weeks or months to come. Look forward to seeing your next iterations. 

Peace

Donatello

• Like 1
Link to review