LaunchBox Community Forums

Finding Your Steam Custom URL

Jason Carr

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2015 at 11:31 PM, Jason Carr said:

Also, it's important to note that your profile will need to be public in order for LaunchBox to be able to get your list of owned games. From that same screen above, click the "My Privacy Settings" link, and then make sure your "Profile Status" is "Public": Steam4.jpg After changing, don't forget to scroll down and click the "Save Changes" button. Comment below if you need help.

anyone know how to fix this error? my steam page is public and im connected to the internet buts its still giving me this error

wtf launch.PNG

8 minutes ago, jamesbuc said:

Got the latest beta and it seems to work okay - Only small thing im finding is that Launchbox doesnt seem to want to save my API key.

Yeah confirmed here, I used it originally when the beta released and just went to add a new game and had to click through the link, login, wait for my steam guard code on my phone then copy paste the api again. A bit of a faff really.

2 minutes ago, f0rgotten_ said:

No matter what i do, change to private then to public again or change my url to something more suitable and yet no matter what even if i add the / at the end it says my account could not be accessed

Welcome to the community.

Are you on the latest beta? As its required as the way we import steam games has changed since the last official release.

Just now, neil9000 said:

Welcome to the community.

Are you on the latest beta? As its required as the way we import steam games has changed since the last official release.

I am not thank you for the heads up will try it, Also thank you, find the LaunchBox last night when looking to make a 3rd party game launcher, currently loving it :D

Just now, EXTIINCT said:

image.thumb.png.d561bdd4ebd341b30fac3448bdb05ed7.pngThis is the version but idk if its the beta version or not. I have the box ticked as you saw in the vid but idk if it actually went through and updated

Its not, go to tools/options/updates and check the box for betas and uncheck the background download box, restart launchbox and you will be prompted to update.