LaunchBox Community Forums

Surprise! New home theater alpha coming out soon...

Jason Carr

The only thing I can think of that would actually look nice would be to give users the ability to toggle between "Favorites" "Recently Added" or "Recently Played", and put that five-game selection beneath a large image of the console itself...

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started taking that route, because I'm not sure if we'll be able to find good images for all platforms, similar to the Wii image above. Definitely could use some help brainstorming what to do there. Like the clear logos? Hate them? Should we use a device image? Etc.

The biggest problem with the logos is the variety of sizes. Maybe we could create some sort image that incorporates the device and the logo. I actually started doing this a while back when I was using a different instance of LB for each platform. Some Examples:
Spoiler
Atari_2600.jpgAtari_7800.jpgAtari-Jaguar.jpgGameboy-Color-.jpgGamecube.jpgGame-Gear.jpgMaster-System.jpgMega-Drive.jpgN64.jpgSega-Dreamcast.jpg
This way you can keep the size uniform. You could start a topic where people could upload/share/request images. Nintendo Image thread, Sega, Atari, etc. etc.

Thank you bd, that's amazing. Didn't see your last comment earlier. Yeah, if you can give me whatever you have, I'll put them as the default images in the app. I'd like to at least include images for all/most of the platforms on TGDB, but obviously TGDB is not the standard for platforms that matter.

Yeah I agree, the background image doesn't sit right. Regarding the thread, it might be a good idea to start a whole new topic for images. Not just for this, but other images too. Custom boxes, custom steam banners, developer/publisher logos, custom icons, etc. etc. I believe you are planning your own database at some point. If you can get the community to start farming those "trickier" images now, by the time you have it up and running you will have a more complete database to start with.