LaunchBox Community Forums

Surprise! New home theater alpha coming out soon...

Jason Carr

CliveBarker said
Jason Carr said @CliveBarker is it displaying in Spanish for you?
Its displaying all in english man, I didn't said anything because I thought that this new mode needs new resource and string files to translate, so I was just waiting for you to send them to me once the project is more mature. I am trying the last beta and the Steam banners still aren't being displayed. I have the prefer steam banners option selected. Maybe its because I deleted all my steam front box images, mainly to save some space and because I hate those boxes with the Games For Windows logo thing showing.
Okay, I'll look into both issues. For the languages, I'm going to use the same translations as the desktop version wherever possible, so it should be showing mostly Spanish. I have a hunch as to what's going on though; I'll look into it. :)

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason Carr said New beta is out. Should fix the issues with the Spanish language, the Steam banners, and the minimize on launch. We also have bd's updated graphics and AutoHotkey support so you can close your games again with a controller. :)
Ok, the Steam banner problem is solved for me, and now there are spanish elements being displayed. There are some in english but I think those were never been translated so its normal. The new bigbox logo looks beautiful in the main screen. I have a question, does LaunchBox have any type of "sound"? Like when scrolling and navigating your games or menus? I was scrolling my collection tonight and I thought about that, what about a "clicky" sound (more like a "tick" sound for every scroll or thing selected) when scrolling and navigating. Maybe these types of sounds are annoying for the people I don't know, but I think that it can give a little more feedback when navigating through and also can add more personality to the BigBox mode. Maybe this is inconvenient because it can cause performance issues or something so take this just as a thought, not a suggestion. Nice work with the beta Jason!

Hi Jason sorry havnt been on in few days reason of health. Just downloaded the latest beta 5-4 WOW tried this list emulators:- BlueMSX, Dolphin, DOSBOX, ePSXe, Fusion, Magic Engine, Multiple versions of Mame, Neo Pop, Nestopia, nullDC, PPSSPP, Project 64 version 2.2.0.3 (anyone downloading this version download a little program called Unchecky and install this will stop any thing else but the emulator installing), Scumm, Snes9x, Virtual Jaguar and Sega Model 2 thanks to BD000's script which works flawlessly i might add. All games i can report are opening (have them all set to fullscreen) and work superbly and might I add launch faster than they do in Launchbox itself. Also as a BONUS i have a previous version of LaunchBox installed (version 4.9) for media ie:- dvd drive, music player (Jaangle), Films and T.V. Series (set as shortcut in Platforms called 1. Media Players) and they all launch through BigBox. No errors of anykind so far i can report. What can i say Jason? its fast, fluid and very responsive. Thank you so much for such a suprise with this Beta, only thing im short off is platform images for ScummVM and Capcom, which would make images for everything (well for me anyway) Thank You Jason Carr i have to really commend you on such a fantastic Frontend it surpasses all my wildest expectations. SmileSmileSmile

Got the following error when trying to open a platform to view games:
Spoiler
System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.OnPreprocessMessage(Object param) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
Unable to replicate so far.

bd000 said I was thinking, maybe you could have a random fanart from the platform as the backdrop.
Jason Carr said I had that thought as well, a good idea I think. Will do.
I think I may have been a bit hasty here. The problem is related to my son. We were flicking through the platforms list and we were presented with some quite graphic fanart. Something I would prefer not exposing him to at his age. I didn't consider this previously. I understand that this is not an issue for most people and it would be too difficult to add restrictions. So can I make a request to add an option for customizing the fanart image in the platforms manager please. Thanks.

Sorry for my momentary absence guys, I had a fire to put out for my "real" work that kept me from LaunchBox.
CliveBarker said I have a question, does LaunchBox have any type of "sound"? Like when scrolling and navigating your games or menus? I was scrolling my collection tonight and I thought about that, what about a "clicky" sound (more like a "tick" sound for every scroll or thing selected) when scrolling and navigating. Maybe these types of sounds are annoying for the people I don't know, but I think that it can give a little more feedback when navigating through and also can add more personality to the BigBox mode. Maybe this is inconvenient because it can cause performance issues or something so take this just as a thought, not a suggestion.
Good idea, Clive. I'll add it to my list. :)

Maddoc1007 said Hi Jason sorry havnt been on in few days reason of health. Just downloaded the latest beta 5-4 WOW tried this list emulators:- BlueMSX, Dolphin, DOSBOX, ePSXe, Fusion, Magic Engine, Multiple versions of Mame, Neo Pop, Nestopia, nullDC, PPSSPP, Project 64 version 2.2.0.3 (anyone downloading this version download a little program called Unchecky and install this will stop any thing else but the emulator installing), Scumm, Snes9x, Virtual Jaguar and Sega Model 2 thanks to BD000's script which works flawlessly i might add. All games i can report are opening (have them all set to fullscreen) and work superbly and might I add launch faster than they do in Launchbox itself. Also as a BONUS i have a previous version of LaunchBox installed (version 4.9) for media ie:- dvd drive, music player (Jaangle), Films and T.V. Series (set as shortcut in Platforms called 1. Media Players) and they all launch through BigBox. No errors of anykind so far i can report. What can i say Jason? its fast, fluid and very responsive. Thank you so much for such a suprise with this Beta, only thing im short off is platform images for ScummVM and Capcom, which would make images for everything (well for me anyway) Thank You Jason Carr i have to really commend you on such a fantastic Frontend it surpasses all my wildest expectations. SmileSmileSmile
Thank you Martin! All great to hear. I trust you're back up to par with your health?

@bd00 lol, sorry to hear about that. Yes, I will add that as an option soon. I can't decide if I should put the configuration options for Big Box inside of Big Box itself, or if they should go in the desktop mode's Options menu. Any thoughts all? Per that error, ick. That one's gonna be hard to pinpoint; I'll see if I can figure it out. I may have a new version out tonight; I'm hoping so. I've been focusing on performance, so I'm hoping the next version will no longer have any performance issues...should be fully responsive.

Jason Carr said I can't decide if I should put the configuration options for Big Box inside of Big Box itself, or if they should go in the desktop mode's Options menu. Any thoughts all?
My guess is a lot of people would like that. When you add that fanart option, I'd hate to have to go in and out of BBM to test a few different images, to see which works best. Would be easier if you could manage it right there. I would be tempted to leave it in LB too.

Yeah, it'd certainly be easier to put it in LB. That said, there are a lot of options, and probably isn't best to clutter up the desktop Options screen any more than it already is. Not to mention, yeah, as a user I'd prefer if it was in Big Box Mode. So I guess I better bite the bullet and just do it proper. ;)

Jason Carr said Alright, beta 5 is out. Still no new features, but the performance should be much, much better. Hit me up with any errors or observations.
Hello Jason, I am testing the beta 5 and now there are more spanish displaying, the only elements left are those that are not yet translated. I am having a problem in BigBox mode when seeing images of X game. It only shows one image and then it freezes.