LaunchBox Community Forums

Cant update latest Launchbox beta

Maddoc1007

@Jason i cannot up date the latest LaunchBox beta tried a few times now, it downloads fine but then i get this popup message update-launchbox.jpg This is the text in the problem details:- Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: 997308f2-8110-41db-bf6a-d92e06de5b8d.exe Application Version: 0.0.0.0 Application Timestamp: 54e0521f Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18798 Fault Module Timestamp: 5507b3e0 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 00081344 OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 6153 Additional Information 1: 4c0d Additional Information 2: 4c0d4d78887f76d971d5d00f1f20a433 Additional Information 3: 4c0d Additional Information 4: 4c0d4d78887f76d971d5d00f1f20a433 When i click on close program i get this update-launchbox1.jpg Hope this helps

thanks @scree to check if it was at my computer side that the problem was i did a sfc scannow clean bill of health. Did a startup repair no problems. Did a system restore still same problem updating LaunchBox. Updated graphics drivers still same problem. Did read that it could be a problem with windows reading sysmbols that can cause a ntd.dll error. So safetly say that the fault is on the the update side unless we have to download something that will allow windows to read the symbols that are included in new update because of the new translations included.

Maddoc1007 said thanks @scree to check if it was at my computer side that the problem was i did a sfc scannow clean bill of health. Did a startup repair no problems. Did a system restore still same problem updating LaunchBox. Updated graphics drivers still same problem. Did read that it could be a problem with windows reading sysmbols that can cause a ntd.dll error. So safetly say that the fault is on the the update side unless we have to download something that will allow windows to read the symbols that are included in new update because of the new translations included.
If you're on Windows 7, you need to download language packs. If you're on 8, you might need language packs... but it should read other languages out of the box. I don't recall programs giving errors like this though. When I opened a Japanese language installer, it just didn't display correctly. I installed the language pack and it just put in all the characters. Also... the new language shouldn't be selected? Wouldn't the error only occur, if it was language based, when the language is trying to be used by the system?

@Jason just downloaded new beta now installing perfect @SentaiBrad havnt language packs installed as only use the english language lol was reading ntd.dll errors and one person who had a problem installing some software was because win 7 x64 couldnt read the symbols so thought maybe that was problem but no jason sorted it out lol Embarassed

Hi Jason. I just caught your ask on BigBox updater before I got beta 22 so I ran BigBox and I got the new version available etc box. The blue YES button wouldn't accept mouse clicks so I just hit Enter. The download and install worked perfectly. When the update is done installing, LaunchBox reopens to desktop mode, not back to BigBox. Everything looks good.

Ah, good call on the mouse click, @scree. I'll take a look at that. Unfortunately I don't have a good solution for opening up Big Box instead of LaunchBox at the end of the WinRAR setup. At some point I'm going to have to create a real setup (the WinRAR one is starting to suck), but I haven't gotten to it yet.