LaunchBox Community Forums

What game are you playing now, and how do you like it?

CadetStimpy

I'm currently tackling LIMBO. Mostly a side-scrolling, puzzle, platformish game. I'm liking it, though. It's dark, literally (black, white, and numerous shades of gray, only), but I'm enjoying that difference. Not distracted by super-flashy colors, insane explosions, etc. Pluses for me (the old guy): no time limits, and you can die indefinitely (which is huge, for me) - it just restarts at the last 'checkpoint'. LIMBO-Screenshot-1.jpg

Yes it's great to actually play some games in between playing with LaunchBox heheh. I've always liked to have 2 games on the go so I can switch when I get a bit brain-lagged with one of them. At the moment I'm playing Citadel and a sort of enhanced Quake. Citadel is an old arcade adventure game (1985) which I'm playing under emulation. Once I time-machine my mind back to the 8-bit graphics era I find this game great fun to play. It has a large world to explore, many puzzles to solve, lots of enemies to evade or defeat and for me it's the cat's pyjamas. http://i.imgur.com/WTCD3u2.jpg And when I'm stuck or just Citadeled out, I turn to Lord Havoc's Quake. Hard to describe this, sort of a mod of the original MS-DOS game, using a custom Windows based engine to give way nicer graphics, textures, lighting and much much more. http://i.imgur.com/K5gNUYS.jpg

Citadel Smile Must make a note to play that. At the moment I am playing Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare with my son. I got it recently in the Origin Humble Bundle. I had to buy it twice of course because of the DRM, but the money went to charity so that makes it far less painful. My son loves it and I really enjoy it too. It is his first FPS and probably the only one I will let him play, till I feel he is old enough. pvzgw.jpg We are also playing New Super Mario Bros Wii. We just completed it a few days ago with every Star Coin. nsmbw.jpg As you can see, the majority of my gaming these days revolves around my son. I completed Watch_Dogs not too long ago and revisited COD:MW2. I also revisited a handful of Sega Master System games a couple of months ago. I don't really get much time to play games by myself these days.

I know what you mean, but to be fair I am enjoying playing PvZ and I don't mind Mario games either. Sure beats some of his other favorite games like Woodle Tree Adventure. He loved that game so much. We had this little thing where he stole all the berries and I pretended to be really cross, he would laugh his little head off. STOP PINCHING MY BERRIES! It was great to start with, but by the 50th play-through I was literally on my knees begging him to play something else. Fortunately that phase is over, but we do revisit it now and again, because I do enjoy seeing him like that. Another random Steam game we stumbled across is Ostrich Island, it is bearable and he really enjoyed it. I do wish I had the time to get my teeth into GTA V though, looks incredible.

Hahahaha, yup. No kidding. My son is *BIG* into anything Sonic...to the point of it being ridiculous (think I already mentioned at one point). So anything Sonic is what I've really become sick of. Yeah, GTA V is pretty incredible, but of course the only time I can play it is when I should be sleeping.

Haha. Has he seen the Sonic movie? Or any of the TV shows? Remember The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3, The Super Mario Bros. Super Show, The New Super Mario World, Captain N and all that? I made the mistake of introducing him to it all. Confused It's not that bad I suppose because he has an iPad and I set up Plex for him, so he sits and watches an episode before bed and I don't have to partake, unless he decides he wants me to watch it too. I'm like "Go ask Mummy!" he always replies "No! I want to watch it with you!" The wife was smart, she nipped it in the bud at the very start, he knows not to bother her with it.

Ye think thats bad my days and evenings with my daughter are shirley temple, pippi longstockings, my little pony, my little petshop, fairies, pixies, dog films, sleeping beauties like me almost now lol, films with rats cat horses any animals furry cutie, and i end up tootie same for games lolSmile

Maddoc1007 said Ye think thats bad my days and evenings with my daughter are shirley temple, pippi longstockings, my little pony, my little petshop, fairies, pixies, dog films, sleeping beauties like me almost now lol, films with rats cat horses any animals furry cutie, and i end up tootie same for games lolSmile
LOL
Maddoc1007 said have fun with it and wait till they want to put makeup on you Embarassedor do girly shopping lol
LOL
Jason Carr said Oh man, you're a better Dad than I am. That crosses the line lol.
and LOL Feeling tired and deflated today and you guys just perked me up. Thank you, great thread. I sometimes think it would be nice to have a little girl next time round. And sometimes I think I'm so lucky I have a boy. Smile

Ha, I find one exhausting never mind two or even three. I am one of four and I have no idea how my Mum coped with us. There is only 5 years between us all as well. Imagine 4 kids 5yo and under! Surprised Must have been utter chaos!!

Cadet Stimpy said LIMBO-Screenshot-1.jpg
That spider made me wet myself a little. I'm in a retro mood lately, thanks to FFVII. I bought it through the EA website in July 2013 but horrible support and an inability to log in (because you can only play if you're connected to the Internet, despite it originally being a PSX game) left me unable to play it until last month, when I was FINALLY able to get it sorted. I typically play more than one game at a time, so here's what I'm currently enjoying (I'm perpetually building my mod in Grimrock, not really playing): current faves

bd000 said Ha, I find one exhausting never mind two or even three. I am one of four and I have no idea how my Mum coped with us. There is only 5 years between us all as well. Imagine 4 kids 5yo and under! Surprised Must have been utter chaos!!
Oh man, I wouldn't survive. I'm already at risk lol.

Hippyshake said I'm in a retro mood lately, thanks to FFVII. I bought it through the EA website in July 2013 but horrible support and an inability to log in (because you can only play if you're connected to the Internet, despite it originally being a PSX game) left me unable to play it until last month, when I was FINALLY able to get it sorted.
That is infuriating. Been there recently with GTA V...they were apparently in the middle of upgrading/changing their website, and didn't think about the fact some people might not be able to log in to the game. I got an idea! Let's be like all the game developers and make LaunchBox require an active Internet connection!