LaunchBox Community Forums

Hardware 'Wish List' Topic (starting off with a 32:9 Aspect Ratio monitor!)

CadetStimpy

Well, it's not directly related to PC's and/or Gaming, but it has computers in it and certainly looks fun! 15mph (even uphill), runs for an hour fully-charged, recharges in 20 minutes, off-road ready, and more! $1500. OneWheel as seen on CNN Money (Video). Company Website If I were already somewhat skate/snowboard skilled, I'd definitely be saving-up for one of these! OneWheel-at-the-Beach.jpg Why do so many young people wear Winter Stocking Caps when it's quite warm out? ConfusedLaugh

• 2 weeks later...
HyperCube LEGO Server (w/Build Instructions) Motherboard: Supermicro X10sdv-f Processor: Intel Xeon D-1540 (8-core/16-thread) Memory: 64GB DDR4 ECC (Expandable to 128GB) OS Drive: 32GB Supermicro DOM System Drive 1: Samsung sm951 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD System Drive 2: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB System Drive 3: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB Cooling Fans: Noctua 140mm - Noctua 92mm - Noctua 92mm - Noctua 60mm PSU: Pico-PSU HyperCube-LEGO-Server-2.jpg Also, Micro LEGO Computer Micro-LEGO-Computer.jpg Mini LEGO Computer Mini-LEGO-Computer.jpg

Yes, it's not particularly cost-effective, but I thought the idea was kinda cool. A friend of mine back in New Hampshire heated his swimming pool with a very similar concept. He had this stuff all over the roof of his house (south-facing side, of course) that was quite similar to the sides of that PC, but it was black plastic and the channels circulating the pool water were smaller. It was surprisingly effective in heating his pool.

Ya, Derek, I totally agree. Cool concept, but I'll sacrifice the silence for superior flexibility, much greater horsepower (potentially), and better 'value'. But I'm not ruling it out for the future (although I personally wanna try a liquid-cooled rig next build - you said it wasn't that bad Wink).