LaunchBox Community Forums

Need Help Adding Scummvm Games

appollo147

I want to start of by saying I love your front-end. I have tried just about all the major front-ends out there, and Launchbox is by far the best. I am just having one little problem. I can not for the life of me figure out how to add SCUMMVM games. I tried for over 2 hours last night with no luck LOL. I know it's not a problem with Launchbox, it's just me being a NOOB LOL. I would really appreciate a step-by-step guide on how to add my SCUMMVM collection to Launchbox. Thank you in advance for any help you can give with this issue.

Unfortunately, that's still on the to do list. Probably the easiest thing to do right now is to import them as DOS games. Then you can batch edit them to make them ScummVM games, but you'll probably still have to manually edit each one in order to match it to the proper game. :/

• 10 months later...
Jason Carr said Unfortunately, that's still on the to do list. Probably the easiest thing to do right now is to import them as DOS games. Then you can batch edit them to make them ScummVM games, but you'll probably still have to manually edit each one in order to match it to the proper game. :/
I'm looking forward to seeing this video. :D

Shades2585 said
Jason Carr said Unfortunately, that's still on the to do list. Probably the easiest thing to do right now is to import them as DOS games. Then you can batch edit them to make them ScummVM games, but you'll probably still have to manually edit each one in order to match it to the proper game. :/
I'm looking forward to seeing this video. :D
A tutorial for ScummVM won't come unless we overhaul that importer too, because if all there is to do is use the Batch Edit to change them from using DOS to ScummVM (options in the Bulk Edit) then that would be a short video.

The importer for ScummVM games really does need some updating, I have recently been trying to add my complete collection and it is incredibly slow to do currently. I was hoping that some sort of folder scan could be implemented, so that a list of sun directories inside a folder could be compared to the known supported ScummVM games and matched automatically. The user could then be presented with the matched list to allow for any errors to be corrected before import. This would make the process as streamlined as importing all the other systems in LaunchBox.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

You guys had the vision to include ScummVM with launchbox... amazing feature, but I second the motion to update the uploader.

Launchbox its dead easy to work with, and this is its most valuable asset. Having the ScummVM in its current state seems to be a lost opportunity.

So, I beg you to consider revisiting this topic.

Thanks!

• Like 1

On 9/17/2016 at 4:09 PM, NightShadowPT said:

Hi,

You guys had the vision to include ScummVM with launchbox... amazing feature, but I second the motion to update the uploader.

Launchbox its dead easy to work with, and this is its most valuable asset. Having the ScummVM in its current state seems to be a lost opportunity.

So, I beg you to consider revisiting this topic.

Thanks!

Yeah, it definitely needs some love. Jason is aware of it. It's on the to-do list.

Importing them is still possible, but it is a bit time consuming. I've got some instructions on the process here if you need them.

Welcome to the forums! :)

• Like 2