LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBoxAnnotator Tool

mathflair

I tried to rename inside of Launchbox. That's what led me to do a search for a utility [emoji16] When I renamed Super Nintendo (snes) to match the theme naming, all it did was literally rename it in launchbox, and then create empty folders with the new name. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the rename system option in launchbox. My thought was that it would rename system name, all folders, and point all paths to new folders. I have to rename most systems. Is there a simpler way within launchbox without having to move all the folder contents manually? Thank you.

BTW- I changed the name through tools, manage platform - then changed platform name.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

On 9/24/2015 at 1:38 PM, Bil said:

I was just heading to bed when I saw your post so I gave it a quick try.  Thank you. I am receiving the error  

Unexpected error completing the operation.

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.
Parameter name: startIndex
   at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   at LaunchBoxTools.MediaManager.<>c__DisplayClass37_0.<MovePlatformFiles>b__0(ProgressDialog dialog)
   at LaunchBoxTools.Dialogs.ProgressDialog.<>c__DisplayClass33_0.<.ctor>b__0(Object _, DoWorkEventArgs __)

I did downgrade to Launchbox 6.9, then updated to latest beta (7.0 beta 19) if you think that has anything to do with it.

Hmmm, I actually have no clue what would cause that exception. That isn't in code I changed...

If you want to send me your xml files, I can try to replicate this problem. Unfortunately, it is failing when actually moving files, so I doubt I'll be able to replicate it.

Does your path to the media have odd characters in it, or does it sit outside of the LaunchBox directory?

• Jason Carr unpinned this topic
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 years later...
9 hours ago, artician said:

9 hours ago, artician said:

Looks like this isn't available anymore, again?  Seems like a moderately popular tool!  If there's another way to auto-hide duplicate games in my library, please let me know!

The original post was made in September 24, 2015

8 hours ago, sean6027 said:

Hey man, I'm over 40.  That may as well have been 6 months ago.  Smarm = overruled!
I only bumped because someone else chimed in a much later date from the original post, and the OP updated.  Was hoping for the same.

If there's an alternative, please share!