Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBoxAnnotator Tool


mathflair
 Share

Recommended Posts

Everyone, I've updated LaunchBox Tools to version v1.1. You can download the latest version here. New in this version is a scraper for the EmuXtras synopsis files. I have also added a tool for hiding duplicate games, helping you to clean up your game collection. Finally, I've updated the bitbucket repo, and there is now a wiki with details on the various tools (https://bitbucket.org/mathflair/launchboxtools/wiki/Home). I've included the Home page for the wiki below: Edited I've moved the description of the new tool to the first post. From now on, I'll keep that post up-to-date regarding the latest version.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Maddoc1007 I'm looking into adding IMDB scraping in the next version of the tool. Unfortunately, I'll be away from my development machine for most of October, so it probably won't be until November when I can add in IMDB scraping. @Jason Carr This is probably a good version to post to your home page. I've tested all the tools on my own data without problem. Also, do you know if there is a way to edit my original post so that it reflects the current state of the tools? I wanted to be able to keep that post up-to-date for people who are new to thread. If that isn't possible with this CMS, I understand. I also wanted to give special thanks to @sylandro for help testing out this version.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The reason for this is a bad CRC block (392AE185, CE14892D, 3511EFB3, BD037A5) on Disney's The Jungle Book. The last CRC value is only 7 characters long instead of 8. This causes the parser to assume that the first line (392AE185, CE14892D, 3511EFB3, BD037A5) is a title because it isn't a CRC. When it reads the next line (the actual title) it throws and error because it isn't in a key/value pair. You know the scraper syntax better then me, am I correct in assuming this is an error? Should I be assuming seven digit CRCs start with a 0? Regardless, I'll modify the error message a little to indicate what line it is.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
I actually tried to use this tool today and yesterday, and there seems to be some issues with a the sselph scraper handling. I have the scraper working fine, and pulling down a gamelist.xml for various systems, but when I open the gamelist file and hit either of the test buttons, the window that pops up to show the expected results is completely blank. The command I am using for the scraper is as follows (For Gameboy games):
scraper -download_images=false -image_dir "GB_images" -output_file "GB.xml" -rom_dir "S:\Games\Systems\Nintendo Game Boy\Roms"
I have uploaded the generated gamelist file too, hope this is an easy fix, this tool is very handy!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love this tool of yours. With the feature to scrap from synopsis files I have finally an easy way to get the numbers of local players in LaunchBox. Now I really would love to see an updated version with better error handling. I have many synopsis files which just give me an ‘invalid synopsis file’ error and I really don’t know in which line I could fix the errors.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The handling of bad CRC values isn't buggy, it is non-existant. The reasoning for that is that when you don't have valid CRC values, how are you supposed to know that they are not the games title instead? Earlier, the decision in this or an earlier thread was to go with this behavior, but if people are having enough problems, i can try parsing bad CRC values, and hope that it never gets a title mixed up. As for the other problems, I'll have to take a look. I might have a little time today, but it is a little hard for me to gauge. If any of you actually have error messages, feel free to post those, as they should let me track things down quickly. @JasonCarr Have you changed the structure of the XML lately? Just curious, as that seems a likely source of the problems people are running into.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought that the CRC could be the problem because it caused already trouble in a synopsis file. But I honestly don’t know where the problem exactly is because all I get is this unclear error message: error.png I tried it with a SNES, NES, N64, PS1 and Genesis synopsis file. The only file that was working was Genesis. At all the others I get the same error. I also uploaded the SNES one so you can test it yourself.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just looked at the PS1 xml and it appears that it doesn’t include normal CRC values at all (what would be impossible anyway since most CD games are a .cue + .bin file(s) combination) Instead it looks like this: SCUS94601, 3D_LEMMINGS Am I right that the parser would crash as well because the values don't have 8 digits? If that’s the case I would find it very great if you could include the option to just skip the first line. It wouldn’t break the parser because if a game hasn’t a CRC value listed then the line is still there, but only blank.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...