LaunchBox Community Forums

522 Connection Timed Out from thegamesdb.net

DarkPhoenix

Yeah EmuMovies is down too. For some reason (this is only based on observation no real facts) it seems that even when using GDB and EmuMovies if GDB doesn't have an entry for a game your game won't be linked to a database EM may get some images and videos but the game only will get DB info if GDB has it. I'm assuming that maybe EM doesn't have a database per say or for some reason we don't have access to that portion when we download and we mostly still rely on the GDB.

Does EmuMovies not have a DB if you go to edit an individual game and hit search for metadata it returns that GamesDB is down or can't access it something like that and then the EmuMovies options don't come up so does that mean that even with a paid EmuMovie account you can't actually link any of your games to a database without the GDB and that the only way to utilize EmuMovies is from the importer or the Download Metadata and Images in tools?

New beta version is out. I got sick and tired of TGDB going down so I ragequit. We're no longer reliant on TheGamesDB.net. LaunchBox is now connected to a read-only database hosted by us (based on the data from TheGamesDB.net). The data is basically an outdated copy of the data from TGDB, including images. Whenever TGDB does come back up (based on my talks with Flexage I am confident that it will but not sure how long it will be), we can update the data in our own database from the data in TGDB database. Soon enough though we will be branching out completely and allowing users to contribute to our database. I think you'll find that imports are faster and cleaner now. Please test everything you can as soon as you're able; I'm hoping to put this out as an official release as soon as possible, since LaunchBox 5.7 is so crippled without TGDB being available. This has no effect on our plans to add additional scrapers such as MobyGames. That is still planned. Also fixed the issues with EmuMovies requiring a TGDB ID, etc.