LaunchBox Community Forums

Organize Video

spacegoathlz

I do it all manually... for comic books, to save on time and clutter, I do it like this: launchboxcomics.png So the "Game" is only the full volume of the comic book while the individual issues and annuals are "Additional Applications". I don't know if it's going to serve your purpose, because it does mean you can't tag each issue by individual creator. I crop the cover images myself... So the collection has taken me some months to get into the state that it's in now, but I enjoy the work. I think if I were to create a LaunchBox install specifically for comic books I would make each individual volume a platform so that each issue could have more specific metadata, but my goal is to have an all-in-one media center that's simple enough for my family to understand.

Yea I was going to say it must have been by hand because there is no way we do any of that scraping. There are places to scrape, like where Kodi does, that we can use in the future for this sort of thing. We're just simply not ready for that leg of LaunchBox, but one day.

Yep, I figured it was manual. I currently use MediaMonkey for music and audio books, Kodi for video, ComicRack for comics, and LaunchBox for games. All of these have automatic scraping, so they could be integrated into one, but that is a dream for another day!

DOS76 said API key is pretty common practice as far as I've seen.
Where I think this one is unusual is that it requires each user of the software accessing ComicVine, not just each scraping program to get an API key. This is the first time that I have had to register for an API key for any software for my own use. Usually the developer is the only one that needs the key.

SentaiBrad said I do wonder why LaunchBox and Kodi? Kodi very easily replaces us for TV Shows and Movies, not that I am saying you need to only use Kodi or not use Kodi, I am just curious about your choice.
The videos that I have are mostly personal home videos taken by various siblings of our kids, and it all is shared with my parents. Obviously I'll never be able to scrape info for this, and it's an intuitive program that even my 70+ year old parents can use to narrow down to which family/grand kid/occasion a file is from, and have an idea of what's on it before they click. It's just a LOT easier for them to see "Spacegoathlz's family" than to dig in a windows explorer file, search for it, wait for windows to slog through 1000's of files, and then hope it's not named Sony/1.16.13 or such.

That's funny. I'm curious as to when you say you share it with your parents do you mean over the same network of at a remote location? If you are spread out Plex is the ultimate sharing application for media. I have my server shared with both my brothers a few of my cousins and numerous friends you can control which libraries they can see and even if you are in the same home and sharing a computer Plex allows you to set up separate user accounts so no one messes up your show queue. It's pretty easy to use and setup you can resume watching any video on any computer or device and Plex has apps for everything imaginable (if you had a wifi enabled toaster Plex would probably be on it). If you are comfortable using LaunchBox in this manner though thats all good to each his own but for media Plex is a step above everything out there in my opinion.

No Plex doesn't work with any emulators. It is just for movies, music and photos. It just allows you to use your XBox One to access your media server. It also works with XBox 360, PS3, PS4, Smart TV's, streaming devices (Apple TV, Roku), Android (Phones and Tablets) IOS, Mac, Windows, Linux and Amazon Fire (tablets, and TV).

I was about to ask if this was possible! I use Kodi to scrape my movie and tv show collections but I use PowerDVD 15 as my external player. Kodi has a few bugs in it that I don't like which would take some time for them to correct. I'd purchase this as another add on for this software if this does get created! I already brought the premium of this and love it! I hope this can become a new feature very soon!