LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Naomi (Demul) in LaunchBox

angelobodetti

Do you have the Atomiswave roms folder added in Demul? You have to actually specify where they are in Demul's paths list. Go to Config -> Plugins and Paths -> Roms and Bioses Paths and click the drop-down and see if your Atomiswave folder is there. If not, click "add" and direct it to that folder. I have Dreamcast, Naomi, and Atomiswave all in separate folders and it works fine.

Is there some reason you're not using version 0.7A? Atomiswave should still work in 0.57 but there have been a lot of fixes/improvements since then (some of which are relevant to Atomiswave).

2 hours ago, stacymc said:

Only thing is I have separated atomiswave roms to a seperate folder but did notice when I look at my naomi scrape that it has atomiswave in there also.

I'm a little confused by your wording here are you saying that the Atomiswave roms are also in with your Naomi ROMs? I'm unsure what you mean by your scrape. So are the ROMs in both folders if not than the suggestion in the post above here is the most likely solution if they are in both folders you may be having a different issue.

Yeah I was a little confused by that as well haha

I assumed based on context that he was saying the roms were in separate folders. If they are, that's fine, but both folders have to be included in Demul's paths list.

If they are in the same folder...well I'm not sure then :/

Sorry yes I wasn't very clear but the seperate folders & rompaths are set within demul

My naomi folder does contain both atomiswave and naomi (I only noticed after I added the atomiswave platform separately with its own roms folder) can I point demul at the one roms folder containing naomi & atomiswave hikaru etc or do they need to be separated?

The reason I used 0.57 was I found it performed better than 0.58 on my system & just well thought easier to stick with what I had setup & knew worked,maybe I should try the latest?

Edited by stacymc

I just re-read your original post and noticed:

3 hours ago, stacymc said:

they boot in demul as a standalone (using 0.57 btw)

If it's working by itself outside of Launchbox it means you've got something setup wrong in Launchbox. Your emulator entry needs to look exactly like DOS's post here:

It's especially important that you have the "No spaces before roms" and "Use filename only" boxes checked like in those screenshots.

I'm at work at the moment but will send screenshots later of my params

I guess sometimes it can be staring you in the face what's wrong but you can't see it no matter how hard you try.

Just found it really strange that even demul didn't open to at least a roms list.it just briefly flashed and went of yet the program paths are set to the same place as my working naomi platform ?

You know what I think I will just remove both naomi & atomiswave platforms and start again with them maybe even with newer demul 

Edited by stacymc

Everything looks good there (although Dreamcast isn't going to work with "use file name only" - you'll need a separate emulator entry in LB for that).

Can you show us a game entry in your LB library for Atomiswave? Right-click on one and go to edit - launcher and emulator tabs.

5 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

Oh, and just to verify - "Sammy Atomiswave" is what the platform is actually named in your library right? If you've renamed it to "Atomiswave" and the associated platforms tab of Demul is directed to "Sammy Atomiswave" it's not going to work.

U means my roms folder?

Just now, stacymc said:

U means my roms folder?

No. I mean the platform name in Launchbox. They can be named/renamed to whatever you want and they have to match between "associated platforms" in an emulator entry and whatever you've actually named it in your library. If the platform in your library is named "Sammy Atomiswave" then it will match based on your screenshot. If it's named "Atomiswave" it won't.

Click the plus box next to platforms in the top left to expand the list. You can also go to "Manage Platforms".

5 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

No. I mean the platform name in Launchbox. They can be named/renamed to whatever you want and they have to match between "associated platforms" in an emulator entry and whatever you've actually named it in your library. If the platform in your library is named "Sammy Atomiswave" then it will match based on your screenshot. If it's named "Atomiswave" it won't.

Click the plus box next to platforms in the top left to expand the list. You can also go to "Manage Platforms".

1486064341630817946606.jpg