LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Naomi (Demul) in LaunchBox

angelobodetti

• 4 months later...

hey guys, i need help. i have read the WHOLE topic, but for me it does not works... at least, partially. naomi roms launches fine from launchbox, while atomiswave brings up demul load rom page.  wat do you think is wrong?  i'm not using demul for dreamcast, just naomi and atomiswave.

thanks in advance

Immagine.jpg

Immagine2.jpg

22 hours ago, killa7977 said:

hey guys, i need help. i have read the WHOLE topic, but for me it does not works... at least, partially. naomi roms launches fine from launchbox, while atomiswave brings up demul load rom page.  wat do you think is wrong?  i'm not using demul for dreamcast, just naomi and atomiswave.

thanks in advance

Immagine.jpg

Immagine2.jpg

i think what i did was just make copy of demul emulator folder and name it for example "demul atomiswave" and add it as new emulator just to load atomiswave.

23 hours ago, killa7977 said:

thanks in advance

Immagine.jpg

Immagine2.jpg

Your LB emulator settings look correct. In Demul do you have the path to your Atomiswave roms added?

• 2 weeks later...

So I just experimented with this a bit and got it working....

1. First page ONLY "No space before ROMs" checked. If you check any others ROM will not load and you will see the Demul main window so you know this part is wrong.

2.Second Page Under "Default Command-Line Parameters" Dreamcast should say "-run=dc -image=" NAOMI should say "-run=naomi -customrom=" If you have NAOMI bring up a menu of NAOMI games instead of launching the games you're missing the custom part between - and rom.

Hopefully this helps someone. Seems an update on either Demul or Launchbox's end broke it.

** EDIT **: Well, after further testing the NAOMI files don't actually work. It will boot but produce a message, "Error 01 This game is not acceptable by main board.". The games work correctly when I launch them from the menu that pops-up. Not sure exactly what's going on but at the very least it is in a working state... DC games load no problem and when I launch any NAOMI game I'll just have to pick it from the DEMUL menu also.

Edited by HellfireEternal

Hello, How are you? I was reading this topic and I'm sure you are making a great job here.

I've just installed DEMUL in my pc to launch some dreamcast games with launchbox but doesnt work propperly. It's very extrange because Naomi works perfect througt LB and dreamcast games works too if I lauch them directly by DEMUL

I've tried different optionts that I've read but nothing work.

Using different commands:
-run=dc -image=
-run=dreamcast -image=
-run=dreamcast -rom=

I've tried to put the roms inside the demul ROMS folder, but doesn't work either.

I've tried different extension like .gdi or .cdi. Nothing happed

When I clic the game in LB, the demul emulator is launched but nothing happens after that.

Any Idea?

PS: I attached som screenshots of my configuration. Thanks a lot!

dreamcast_1.png

dreamcast_2.png

dreamcast_3.png

dreamcast_4.png

Edited by jhordi08

Could someone give me some advice about how to get Hikaru fullscreen. Trust me when I say I am not asking this without trying every solution that I could possible find. That includes HikaruFullscreen and this command in AHK section

Sleep, 9500
Send {Alt Down}{Enter}{Enter Up}{Alt Up}

But for me some how none of it works. Well, it worked the other day and I don't know what I did to break it other than playing other Demul games or changing computer settings like resolution. When I try for example HIkaruFullscreen it does refresh and I get a full blackscreen but then it refreshes again on it's own and goes back to a small box.  I have tried changing settings in Demul such as resolution, start fullscreen or not doesn't matter nothing works. I also have been trying various compatibility options including scaling when I right click on demul.exe but nope.

I think I would have given up by now if it didn't already work before that makes it more frustrating to know there's a certain thing that would fix it but I can't figure out what. I guess it's a good time to deal with something like this for hours at home with what's going on.

On 4/20/2016 at 8:52 PM, DOS76 said:

Hi Guys!

Try like this for can run naomi on LB

image.thumb.png.1e683ffdb4c4c53b4eaef961c1354874.pngimage.thumb.png.7479597e5f7269a5b6883276e1a717ce.png

AFTER TRY THIS WORK SOME GAMES AND another no. And finally if you choose this configuration, just rename the name of the rom as appear in the list inside demul list, For example, i had a Rom with the name Dead of alive 2, and i saw that when i open Demul and open Naomi roms, appear the all games supported, and this rom appear as doa2.... So, lets try them. Sorry for my mistake of written. 

Edited by javiersb85
mistake and solution

On 4/26/2020 at 12:07 AM, Jayinem said:

Could someone give me some advice about how to get Hikaru fullscreen. Trust me when I say I am not asking this without trying every solution that I could possible find. That includes HikaruFullscreen and this command in AHK section

Sleep, 9500
Send {Alt Down}{Enter}{Enter Up}{Alt Up}

But for me some how none of it works. Well, it worked the other day and I don't know what I did to break it other than playing other Demul games or changing computer settings like resolution. When I try for example HIkaruFullscreen it does refresh and I get a full blackscreen but then it refreshes again on it's own and goes back to a small box.  I have tried changing settings in Demul such as resolution, start fullscreen or not doesn't matter nothing works. I also have been trying various compatibility options including scaling when I right click on demul.exe but nope.

I think I would have given up by now if it didn't already work before that makes it more frustrating to know there's a certain thing that would fix it but I can't figure out what. I guess it's a good time to deal with something like this for hours at home with what's going on.

For anyone who has this problem such as me just google WIndowedBorderlessGaming and it's a free steam app it was the only way I could get Hikaru roms windowed fullscreen.