LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Naomi (Demul) in LaunchBox

angelobodetti

Ok, so I have somehow managed to get NAOMI games working after many hours of messing around. However, some of my roms give me errors that files are missing and must be from the wrong set, but I got all my roms from the same place. I have tried countless sites to no avail. What set does Demul 0.7a use? Of course it's the games I have no interest in that work no problem, and the ones I really want to play don't!

If you are using the latest version of Demul it is looking for fairly newer ROMs I'm not sure exactly which set but I recently had to get almost all new ROMs as my set had completely stopped working for most games (I noticed in Demul they changed the names of a few of the ROMs

I don't have to do that to run mine can you send a screen shot of your associated platform tab and also the tab that you start in when you go into manage emulator. The fact it is showing the Naomi games list makes me think something is wrong and it is passing the naomi parameters

9 hours ago, Maddoc1007 said:

@Charco do like screenshot for each hikaru game and put in right rom name

Untitled.png

Thanks @Maddoc1007 that seemed to be the issue. That field was blank. I added the default command line parameters for Hikaru there, I didn't even have to put the rom name, and it booted the game. I'll look into an additional app to press Alt + Enter on startup to make the Hikaru games run full screen, I think I saw someone on the forum talking about that.

• 1 month later...

Has the process since the SECOND POST changed? 

Also does it matter that I got a collection of Naomi and Naimo 2 games in a format with TRACKS  (some of them very large), and no CHD's appear to be in there...do I still need the CHDS for Demul in this case?  A bit confused....

Thanks guys.

- Brett

What file type do you have I only have experience using the MAME files in Demul so if you don't have those I can't really offer much advise. If you have a MAME set that is fairly new you can use this file here to extract the roms only the NaomiCHD and Naomi2CHD games require the CHD files.

Sorry forgot to add the link

Edited by DOS76
  • Like 1

DOS76,

I do have the complete MAME .179 (50GB) Split rom set, and a small update to .the 180 rom version...but no CHDs...I hope that works with this...

I will try this method to get the roms sorted and then guess I'll have to find the correct CHD because I surely want those too :-)

Thanks!

-Brett

• 1 month later...

Hi guys I'm having a similar problem with demul,I've set all parameters as is in this post even tried individual launch atomiswave rom paths but all that happens is demul flashes on screen for a second then nothing.

I have naomi booting fine... 

Only thing is I have separated atomiswave roms to a seperate folder but did notice when I look at my naomi scrape that it has atomiswave in there also.would this confuse it? can I have both naomi in same roms folder and just use a separate platform and delete the none atomiswave from the platform?

I've checked and double checked all bios is there & paramiters are as should be etc , they boot in demul as a standalone (using 0.57 btw)