LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Naomi (Demul) in LaunchBox

angelobodetti

I'm thinking my initial import of naomi has messed it up tbh.n

4 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

And when you try to start it it does what exactly?

Demul flashes for a second and closes.you know I think I know why..

My naomi platform has atomiswave games in there as well in fact I've noticed hikaru is in there also.I'm thinking it's causing massive clashes and it doesn't know what is what because of this.

Think I need seperate them don't I? it's no good having them all in one

Then adding another platform with the same Romfiles that's in naomi even in if I copy them to a seperate folder & call it Sammy Atomiswave.it's just seeing them as part of naomi set

Right?

Edited by stacymc

20 minutes ago, stacymc said:

Just so u know I've just tried new demul and it gives bios error with atomiswave I think my set is to old for new demul at least that's what the forums read I know my set Is quite old & tbh I don't really fancy the 400gb chds download on a newer set lol

You don't need 400GB chds or chds period for Atomiswave in Demul. I'm using the newest build and don't have any chds.

50 minutes ago, stacymc said:

My naomi platform has atomiswave games in there as well in fact I've noticed hikaru is in there also.I'm thinking it's causing massive clashes and it doesn't know what is what because of this.

Think I need seperate them don't I? it's no good having them all in one

Then adding another platform with the same Romfiles that's in naomi even in if I copy them to a seperate folder & call it Sammy Atomiswave.it's just seeing them as part of naomi set

Right?

I don't know how or why it would be doing this if you have them in separate folders on your computer and are importing them one platform at a time. Dump Naomi files in, tell the importer the platform is Naomi. Dump Atomiswave files in, tell the importer the platform is Atomiswave. You're either making it more complicated than it needs to be or conveying it in a way that makes it sound more complicated than it needs to be.

All Launchbox is is a visually appealing, organized collection of Windows shortcuts that may or may not have special parameters injected into the command line. That's it. It will only do what you tell it to do. If you import games that are Atomiswave games and you tell it they're Naomi games, it's not going to know otherwise, correct it for you or change it. When you do an import, the files you give it need to be for whatever platform you indicate. If they're mixed together, Launchbox isn't going to know that.

They are not in seperate folders that's the issue (I think) my naomi roms folder has everything in (not just naomi) I have separated atomiswave but the issue is when I've imported naomi it has all naomi/atomiswave/hikaru in there (which is my stupid mistake ?) lol

9 hours ago, stacymc said:

Only thing is I have separated atomiswave roms to a seperate folder but did notice when I look at my naomi scrape that it has atomiswave in there also.

2 minutes ago, stacymc said:

They are not in seperate folders that's the issue (I think) my naomi roms folder has everything in (not just naomi) I have separated atomiswave but the issue is when I've imported naomi it has all naomi/atomiswave/hikaru in there (which is my stupid mistake ?) lol

*Insert Sad Face Emoji*

Yes, split them into separate folders, import them separately into Launchbox, and let us know how it goes. :P

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having an issue launching DEmul NAOMI chd files from LaunchBox... but non-chd games work fine. I did not split platforms for GD, just NAOMI and NAOMI 2 platforms and everything seems setup correctly. Does GD Roms /CHDs for NAOMI need to be a separate platform or something? I just wanted all NAOMI 1 in a NAOMI 1 platform, zips and chd games.

Roms are in a roms folder and chds are in a chd folder. That is how the set came on a certain pleasureful domed-chromed site. I just tried moving a chd to the roms folder and it still just loads the DEmul game list without loading the game. They work fine without launchbox.

do you have the two checkboxes checked that need to be checked its the No Space before ROM and the Use file name without file extension this can be found by going to tools manage emulators and editing Demul.

Edited by DOS76

• 9 months later...

Sorry for the bump, but I can't figure out where I'm going wrong here trying to run Naomi on demul. I have "No space before Rom" checked, "Use File name only" checked, with this command line on the Associated Platform's list for Sega Naomi:

-run=Naomi -rom=

But when i try to launch a game, it brings up the game list instead. I followed this entire thread and the video tutorial twice. At the end of my rope trying to figure it out. Any help is appreciated :(