LaunchBox Community Forums

Neo Geo

kerszr

3 minutes ago, kostas said:

how can i find the proper set of roms for the right core ?? seems impossible 

It can be tricky but not impossible, otherwise no one would have them ;)

My best suggestion is to get a new Mame set from the pleasuredome since they always have up to Mame sets and you don't need to maintain a share ratio for them. Mame 194 just got released so it might be a good time to do it.

Just now, kostas said:

is it elegal to post an emulator and a game rom set for neo geo that will work out easy with launchbox ?? cause this is gettin me tooo tired to get done :(((((((((((((((((

Yes, it is illegal and we cannot post links.

1 minute ago, kostas said:

also i forgot to tell you that when i had kof , and neogeo bios both inside the folder and i tried to load them to launchbox as PRME was doing in his video launchbox detected my bios zip file as neo geo cup '98????

yeah don't import your bios, as already stated.

Yeah Launchbox will ignore the bios so don't worry about that.

Probably a silly question but you haven't extracted each game rom zip file by any chance have you ? Because you shouldn't do that, it will make it not work, FBA and Mame requires each games roms be zipped in the name they came as.

Yes, you have to make an account, the Mame set will be visible in their torrents list5a7266abd105c_2018-01-3119_59_59-PleasuredomeTracker-Torrents.png.ef0b3518d110ba6adcdcc9b7a5df8926.pngYou will want either the split set or non merged. Non Merged will be much larger and we recommend the split set. They won't have a freely available Neo Geo set, most of their stuff is locked behind a share ratio requirement but the Mame set is not.

i realy got super confused on how to do this with mame but i have one last question i donwloaded king of fighetrs 2002 from love roms and the files inside the zipped folder are saying the number 265- infront of all the files what is that number ?? is that the version of the fba cores that i have to donwload 

?