LaunchBox Community Forums

Syncing to the Cloud Question

bran479

• 8 months later...

Still not sure I get it so I tried it, but I just launched it from the LB menu and now it wants me to login. Do I already have a login? Like, is it my forum login?

Edit: ok, i just used my email address and told it i forgot my password. The email told me I'm not registered so I'll try registering...

Edited by ckp

i'm impatient (seems to be doing a sync for a long time) so in my browser i went to view my collection. so far it's crazy weird. i looked at the list of platforms on the left and clicked on Windows. Inside windows are currently up to 5 games, of which, four I've never had and don't even recognize. 

so, i'm trying to think, would this be cool if it actually mirrored my collection. yeah that seems kind of cool. now i'm wondering, what i would ever do with that and if i would ever look there again?

i think i'll click Cancel on Syncing...

:)

It  is a interesting feature, i mean it is the best and fastest way to show your game collection to a friend online, at First i thought that this would be a kind of backup which you could use to Sync your collection on diferent machines or back it up from cloud, i was  even a bit afraid to Sync And lose my settings so i have saved my data And metadata in a safe place before syncing, but it seems to only upload your data And does not donwload anything.

Ahhh some games in collection do not show the covers maybe it is because i use some images that i had to search because they are not in launchbox games data base. 

Here is my collection, only around 2k games because of the 1Tb limitation of my external hard drive (already planing to get a 2tb one haha)

http://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/collection/games/StuDentBR

Edited by StuDentBR