LaunchBox Community Forums

Switching cores in RetroArch for a single game

VACRMH

You can also add additional "emulators" for other cores (for the same platform) if it's something you need to alternate between frequently. If it's really just a one-off, a specific command line parameter like @lordmonkus suggested would probably be the best bet, but I have certain things that I like to alternate between pretty frequently. Multiple-Retroarch-Emulators.jpg So, for example, my "Arcade" platform is setup to default to just "Retroarch". I have it setup to use the Final Burn Alpha core for that platform. However, there are instances where FBA isn't the best option or an option at all in the event that the game simply isn't supported. For those, I'll either use MAMEUI or the MAME core of Retroarch. For the latter option, I just created an additional "emulator" entry that only contains "Arcade" as the platform and is directed to the MAME core rather than the FBA one. This way I can quickly switch back and forth whenever I want without having to type anything in - all I have to do is go to the "emulator" used in the game entry and change it from "Retroarch" to "Retroarch - MAME" or vice versa. If it's something you're going to end up using as a variant on a frequent basis, this is what I would recommend.
    Retroarch:
Retroarch-Arcade-FBA.jpg
    Retroarch - MAME:
Retroarch-Arcade-MAME.jpg
    Emulator drop-down:
Emulator-Dropdown.jpg
  • Like 1

Imgema said Hmmm, i just tested the Japanese version using Nestopia core and it works fine for me, at least for the 5 minutes i tested it.
Huh, wonder why mine didn't. Do you happen to know where the game came from? Like a goodrom or no intro set? Could you post the filename?

VACRMH said
Imgema said Hmmm, i just tested the Japanese version using Nestopia core and it works fine for me, at least for the 5 minutes i tested it.
Huh, wonder why mine didn't. Do you happen to know where the game came from? Like a goodrom or no intro set? Could you post the filename?
It's from the Goodmerged set (v3.23b) The rom name is Wai Wai World (J) [!]

Just for fun, (and since I had this rom already on my computer) I tried it out now and 'Wai Wai' crashes with the nestopia core but works fine with the fceumm core. But even weirder is that "Wai Wai' works fine with the standalone nestopia appSurprised
You need to use the [!] good dump. I also tested most other versions of the ROM like some overdumps and translations and they do crash for me too. But the unmodified, Wai Wai World (J) [!] does work with Nestopia RA core for me. Now, i don't know why the ROM you have works with the standalone and not with the core. Maybe you need to update the core? I do have the NestopiaUE standalone and it also has the same behavior as the core for me.