LaunchBox Community Forums

New Forums and Chat

Lordmonkus

So I got to thinking about the rep thing this morning. Could we just go with an upvote or nothing system? If Reddit has taught me anything, it's that you can say something that's 100% factually and demonstrably accurate and people will downvote it if it's something they don't want to hear; which is complete BS in my opinion. I'm willing and able to defend anything I say (because I wouldn't have said it otherwise) but if, instead of actually voicing some kind of dissent (which I'd actually like to hear, by the way), you just click downvote because you don't like what I'm saying... that's the height of trolling as far as I'm concerned; and I'd just as soon not have a systemically supported means of trolling if it's all the same. :/

• Like 2

I’m completely with Zombeaver. Reddit is the best example that an up-/down-vote system doesn’t work because people either don’t get it how it is supposed to be used, abuse it on purpose to discredit opinions they don’t like or just trolling around.

In my opinion was the old like system perfect as it was.

• Like 3