LaunchBox Community Forums

NES & Famicom Box art

kerszr

https://www.dropbox.com/s/keuedz1m4y31rsr/NES.7z?dl=0

What is in the file?
The file is to big to upload to the website. It is roughly 2 gigabytes of every single NES, Famicom, and bootleg 8bit nintendo game I could find. This is a perfect starting off point for people trying to fill in their missing in their collection. Sadly, even with thousands of images i do not have every single image for the famicom. I was more concerned with the american releases. Famicom is a especially hard console to get good resolution pictures of so while most in these are in HD some are modified photos of ebay auctions made to look like scans and low res scans.
Here are some examples! http://imgur.com/gallery/3aA7q 
There are much more of course.
Special thanks are in order of course. For obvious reasons thank you to Jason Carr, SentaiBrad, and Kelsie! As well as the wonderful moderators of this wonderful forum and all the rest of the  content creators and voices that make the launchbox project so cool to watch grow!

Edited by kerszr
Imgur post

• 11 months later...
15 hours ago, Freestate said:

I'm uploading better art i know this pack and it's not a big deal. The good one i think is http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/14074-nintendo-famicom-2d-box-pack-10/

But i can't download it's only for contributors. If anyone has acces please share. It seems that is a really good pack with heavily restored and cleaned covers.

I have access. I just asked permission from the author to share. If i get the green light, i'll throw a link up.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, alexis524 said:

I have access. I just asked permission from the author to share. If i get the green light, i'll throw a link up.

Good , this week i'm uploading famicom art to the database and is really hard to find good covers of some games. I'm turning crazy to find some game photos on ebay and editing and cleaning.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

@alexis524 I see many times in hyperspin fe forums that many users are using art of the launchbox db, for example many of the sfc restored covers that i've upload. I'm right now creating famicom wheels (clear logos) and uploading on hyperspin fe and launchbox). Please share to make my job easier. I think that purchasing launchbox, paying the emumovies subscription and doing hundreds of restorations to the open LB Database are really far of considering me a scammer or a lazy one that benefits of others works without retribution.

Edited by Freestate
  • Like 1

No. I asking for the famicom art the post before. Simply, i'm arguing that if people in hyperspin forums don't ask to borrow art from our database, we maybe could do the same. I understand the point of some limitations in forums to avoid only leeching others work without doing a shit, but i'm not this kind of dude. I'm starting to share my work on hyperspin fe to have access to packs like the one i asked for that are only for contributors. I'm feeling a little stupid that i share tons of art without restrictions and now i have a closed garden for their art, in the same place that many are working with. I don't feel that closed gardens policy are good for nobody. Please give me access to the famicom pack i asked for, i dont think that kondorito disagree, right now as i say, i'm working on a thread he iniciated doing famicom clear logos. See http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forums/topic/31670-famicom-wheel-art-hq/?page=16

Edited by Freestate

ahhh got it.

I'd love to give you access, but at present i don't have the author's OK to do so (have asked and they asked that not share at present (no malice behind it, think of it as tidying up the set)) and will respect their wishes. Kondorito is a member here and does plan to release their work here, which is great for the LB community so I'm afraid you'll have to sit tight until then my friend. I hear your argument but please understand that I can't give what's mine. 

I've always found it odd how possessive people get with this artwork stuff.  Not in the spirit of proper preservation in my opinion.  The hobby as a whole, benefits tremendously from high quality clean complete artwork.  Its a little shortsighted to be so clingy just because you are the one who took the initiative to make the set.  I along with another person, spent almost a year and a half doing the hypermamu v.1 MAME wheel set, and it's completely available, along with psd's for every single one.  

In Kondorito's defense, he/she is very open to sharing the boxart here, and has plans to. It's not that they wish to keep it private. What was explained to me is that they are updating the quality of the already superb images in the set and would prefer to wait to release here until the update on the set is finished. We'll get them, we just have to sit tight is all :) 

That's hard for me to do since when my set is missing certain media, I consider that part of the project incomplete and honestly even have trouble looking at the platform or even playing any of the titles within since I know a part of it is missing. That's how bad my OCD is.

Edited by alexis524

Me too! I can't stand having even a "blip" of artwork missing when it's something I'm looking st all the time . Especially when you know there's some artwork out there lol. I'd rather have first version of even regular quality of something so at least it's full. Then no problem waiting for version 2.

• Like 1

Mmm, ok if kondorito wants to release it here, no problem. But he had a complete set of famicom covers and in my work i see terrible things in launchbox db and i spending hours to rearrange famicom covers maybe like a fool because his set is better.

PD: HELP ME WITH SUPERNES! i can't see any contribution of snes moderating in months, and i'm really tired XDD. the database still lacks around 400 SNES/SFC games xD. a week ago i made the last clear logo and covers for the typical playable games, around 1400. And still is full of creepy 300x300 resolution scans on usa covers because many download the reconstructed ones from other sites and don't give a shit about here XDD. I can't remember the hundreds of hours i expend with this fucking console, and deleting again and again the chavez and final fantasy vi aditions of course.

7 hours ago, Freestate said:

Mmm, ok if kondorito wants to release it here, no problem. But he had a complete set of famicom covers and in my work i see terrible things in launchbox db and i spending hours to rearrange famicom covers maybe like a fool because his set is better.

PD: HELP ME WITH SUPERNES! i can't see any contribution of snes moderating in months, and i'm really tired XDD. the database still lacks around 400 SNES/SFC games xD. a week ago i made the last clear logo and covers for the typical playable games, around 1400. And still is full of creepy 300x300 resolution scans on usa covers because many download the reconstructed ones from other sites and don't give a shit about here XDD. I can't remember the hundreds of hours i expend with this fucking console, and deleting again and again the chavez and final fantasy vi aditions of course.

FUCK CHAVEZ. I'M SO SICK OF THAT GAME >:(