LaunchBox Community Forums

Built in Jukebox

chito

Would it be possible to add a built in jukebox to LanuchBox/Big box that you could add Mp3's and Videos to like Roms are added to a regular system?

playing a jukebox media would instead add it to a playlist, rather than "launching" it.

The list could be accessed and manipulated via your regular controls.
delete, skip, play...

if the media is a video the video goes full screen with basic controls available, when there is no activity from the user (song selection, list manipulation etc)
fullscreen could be also be activated with a button
if the media is a mp3 then pressing the fullscreen button could open a game like audiosurf that generates levels based off the music

• Like 5

Ive looked into this heaps. None were made for a cabinet in mind. Nearly all the ones i found required touchscreens and the ones that were made for cabinets were really really old programs with no update in 5-6 years or dead links. I would really like one that was up to date, played videos and could be skinned. 

something that works great, looks amazing and pro

I think we could create something nicer and easier to use and with a more modern coding language.

I will look into dwjukebox in more detail when i get time. seeing if its worth investing time creating a skin and if can do all the things you'd want it to do.

Ideally there a some features that would be good to add. Its last update was October 9th 2009. this program is very much legacy 

• 3 years later...
On 9/10/2016 at 9:29 PM, Jason Carr said:

Hi @chito, that does sound like a cool idea. We have plans to add background music and music playback controls and such, but hopefully eventually we can add a full jukebox experience. Feel free to add a ticket using the Issues/Requests link in the header for the jukebox features. :)

Jason, I added jukebox software as a windows game under the Windows platform. Is that the only way to play a jukebox within BigBox? I saw others having media players and magazines as their own platforms.  Also LED Blinky does not recognize it as a Jukebox since it isn't part of the Front end.

On 5/31/2020 at 9:56 AM, PaulC said:

Jason, I added jukebox software as a windows game under the Windows platform. Is that the only way to play a jukebox within BigBox? I saw others having media players and magazines as their own platforms.  Also LED Blinky does not recognize it as a Jukebox since it isn't part of the Front end.

Yes, we never did add a full jukebox as part of LaunchBox. There's game-specific music, but no full jukebox functionality. Music Box Alpha might be more of what you're looking for, but right now it does not have a Big Box-type interface.

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

i know about that. But do others add it as a platform? Guess I'm stunned it isn't . I used to have one and windows media player in the maximus arcade menu.

The best option right now is to add a platform called Applications or similar. Then you can add "games" for other apps.