LaunchBox Community Forums

NeoGeo Rom Copy

NeoGeo Rom Copy

View File

These bat files are used to copy or move the NeoGeo rom set out of a Mame rom set to have a separate collection of just NeoGeo roms if you have not obtained a separate NeoGeo rom set already.

In this zip file you will find 4 bat files, use the one for the job you wish to do whether it is move or copy and if your rom set is in .zip or .7z files.

Simply drop the appropriate bat file into the folder where your Mame roms are located. Run the bat file and it will create a folder in that folder called NeoGeo and then copy / move all the files located in that folder over to the folder that was created. It will copy / move all the game roms and the bios files.

I generated this list of roms from my "full" NeoGeo rom set I had downloaded. It should be complete but I cannot guarantee with 100% certainty that its completely accurate.

If you find any problems please let me know on the Launchbox forums.

• Like 3

• 8 months later...
37 minutes ago, Dexll said:

Quick question.  Do you know why your list contains 263 roms?  I think there were only 148 Neo Geo games ever made.

Either way, thank you for posting this.  It has inspired me to create some of my own bat files.

To be perfectly honest I didn't hand make this bat file.

A while back someone was asking a way to get a NeoGeo set separated out. I happened to have a NeoGeo only set and I just created a .txt file quickly with the command line and in a minute had it edited to copy it out.

It was very quick and dirty and worked so I just left it as it was :)