LaunchBox Community Forums

Importing Amiga

Styphelus

I tried importing my Amiga games last night but when I do, Launchbox does not rename them. LB keeps the file name GameABC_v1_1234. I thought this problem had been fixed during one of the live streams a few weeks ago.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a special setting for importing Amiga games?

FS-UAE is not the same because after spending a couple of hours trying to configure it, I still don't know how to get a game to work with it. All I get is a purple screen to insert a disk.

Is there a proper tutorial somewhere? 

I'm using the WHDLoad roam set by the way.

For the life of me, I can't get this thing working.

Check your settings too: Eirulan escribió:
EDIT

I think I found a way...

I tried this out in the cmd and it worked!!

If you start FS-UAE with this: Launcher.exe Configurations\5a431769-af86-557d-956f-247be96be00e.fs-uae 5a431769-af86-557d-956f-247be96be00e (that means passing two parameters: first the config.fs-uae and second the uuid) then the game starts AND uses the config name!!

What it needs is an empty dummy config file in the configurations sub-folder with the uuid-name and the ending *.fs-uae. But those could be generated by my app... Now I don't know if it is possible to configure Launchbox to send a command line like this. Do you know if it is possible to do this in Launchbox?

Interesting. Is the Configurations\5a431769-af86-557d-956f-247be96be00e.fs-uae static? Is the second UUID the only one that changes? If so, I think it could be done. All you should have to do is paste that section into the "default command line parameters" section of the emulator entry.

ecdlYzY.jpg

Enviado desde mTalk

Now I'm even more confused. Create a folder structure? Login to where? What database? Dummie configs?

I'm assuming you are very familiar with this but I have no clue what I'm doing.

Would you be able to zip up your emu folder and share your setup?

Edited by Styphelus

Ok. I finally got it working. 

Now I have 2 other problems.

1. Do the roms need to be in the Downloads folder of FS-UAE or can I have them in my normal roms folder? I don't see an option anywhere to change the default folder. I don't like keeping roms inside the emulator folders.

2. My roms are in .lha format. Rocketlauncher complains that it doesn't support .lha. I'm assuming it's a problem with the module because it works fine with WinUAE. How did you manage to get it working with Rocketlauncher?

Ugh, sorry I really need to do that tutorial video - had a bunch of personal crap going on lately and haven't had a chance to do it yet :(

Full disclosure, it won't include RocketLauncher at all as I don't use it. The current outline for things I want to cover is as follows:

-Changes from default settings in FS-UAE
-Importing Kickstart files
-Connecting to the Open Amiga Games Database
-Importing Games into FS-UAE
-Exporting UUIDs from FS-UAE
-Setting up FS-UAE (normal/non-UUID) and FS-UAE UUID in LB
-Importing UUIDs into LB
-Creating custom configs in FS-UAE
-Importing custom configs into LB
-Using a custom WHDLoad.prefs file to override the QuitKey for all WHDLoad games
-Adding custom controller hotkeys (warp, QuitKey, etc.) in FS-UAE
-Fixing "half color" bug games
-Miscellaneous fixes (Hostages fix; games that use A600)

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the help. I got it working for the most part.

I do have an issue with some games being too dark. I think I saw a fix somewhere in these forums.

The other issue I have is aspect ratio. If I go with Auto, everything is great but the games are not all the same size. Makes it hard when using a bezel. Some are wider than others and in some the menu screen will be bigger or smaller than the actual game. This makes it hard to use a bezel. If I go with a set size, I get blank spaces, or a frame, or even a game that stretches past the edges of the screen. 

Is there a setting that crops and stretches when needed but maintains a set size?

5 minutes ago, Styphelus said:

I do have an issue with some games being too dark. I think I saw a fix somewhere in these forums.

Try this:

6 minutes ago, Styphelus said:

The other issue I have is aspect ratio. If I go with Auto, everything is great but the games are not all the same size. Makes it hard when using a bezel. Some are wider than others and in some the menu screen will be bigger or smaller than the actual game. This makes it hard to use a bezel. If I go with a set size, I get blank spaces, or a frame, or even a game that stretches past the edges of the screen. 

Is there a setting that crops and stretches when needed but maintains a set size?

Try messing around with the "Zoom Amiga display (crop)" settings in the video section:

Zoom Settings.png