LaunchBox Community Forums

Nostalgia |4:3| video Set

viking

Well, if you're taking requests...

Would it be possible to create both a Magazines and Videos Platform Category video in the same style as the standard Viking videos or your new Playlist video? The current Magazines video showing a cabinet with mags on the screen seems out of place in style. I believe a video similar to the Playlist video with a bookshelf + various mags would fit the theme better. There doesn't have to be any video/animation.

A Video Platform Category video would be similar. I believe something like the old Blockbuster shelves with videos lined up might work. I use my setup to show old retro gaming shows, not literal movies.

If none of this can be done, could you provide a standard 4:3 and 16:9 video background (the gray gradient backdrop for all of Viking's videos) so we could create static images where video/animation is not warranted?

Thanks!

4 hours ago, throwingmuse said:

Well, if you're taking requests...

Would it be possible to create both a Magazines and Videos Platform Category video in the same style as the standard Viking videos or your new Playlist video? The current Magazines video showing a cabinet with mags on the screen seems out of place in style. I believe a video similar to the Playlist video with a bookshelf + various mags would fit the theme better. There doesn't have to be any video/animation.

A Video Platform Category video would be similar. I believe something like the old Blockbuster shelves with videos lined up might work. I use my setup to show old retro gaming shows, not literal movies.

If none of this can be done, could you provide a standard 4:3 and 16:9 video background (the gray gradient backdrop for all of Viking's videos) so we could create static images where video/animation is not warranted?

Thanks!

I'll think on things and see what I can come up with. Do you have any comments on the original Movies video Viking did? (Click on the download button below, then search the page for Movies.

I would need a 4:3 and and 16:9 for both -- so space use might be different for each format.

1. Could the shelves in both be doubled or even tripled to make better use of the available space?

2. The video shelf might look better with actual box images of movies/tv/shows, etc. on the shelves rather than generic box icons.

3. I don't think the movie rool/popcorn/glasses icon fits very well. It seems to float. Perhaps just the shelves.

12 hours ago, throwingmuse said:

I would need a 4:3 and and 16:9 for both -- so space use might be different for each format.

1. Could the shelves in both be doubled or even tripled to make better use of the available space?

2. The video shelf might look better with actual box images of movies/tv/shows, etc. on the shelves rather than generic box icons.

3. I don't think the movie rool/popcorn/glasses icon fits very well. It seems to float. Perhaps just the shelves.

@throwingmuse, here are the final ones per your last specifications. I hope you can use them as I need to move on to another project.

Nostalgia Movies Alt3 4-3.png

Nostalgia Movies Alt3.png

Nostalgia Magazines Alt3 4-3.png

Nostalgia Magazines Alt3.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, frostmute said:

Unless I'm blind... I don't see the "Atari Classics" video anywhere.  It's the only one of the Arcade Classics that I can't find.  I swear I've been through the download list like three times.

Look under my Nostalgia Additions videos. I have an Atari Classics in both the 16:9 and 4:3 sections.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, dragon57 said:

Sure, but I need some ideas as to what you want to see. Any mock-ups, or pictures that help getting your thoughts across would also be helpful.

Any chance you could do one for a "Genres" Catagory as well please as I only need one for Playlists and One for Genres in 16:9 to have a complete set.

Personally I like the design of the of the one that was done for "Favorites" as that would be a good look for both Playlists & Genres

Edited by BlueArrowUK

3 hours ago, BlueArrowUK said:

Any chance you could do one for a "Genres" Catagory as well please as I only need one for Playlists and One for Genres in 16:9 to have a complete set.

Personally I like the design of the of the one that was done for "Favorites" as that would be a good look for both Playlists & Genres

Sure, no problem. I'll add it to my work queue.

@gamerboii @BlueArrowUK I have uploaded Genre videos based on the style BlueArrowUK suggested. Both 16:9 and 4:3 versions are there in my Nostalgia additions section.

Note: I already had a "Playlists" video in my section. Unfortunately the videos aren't in alphabetical order, so use your browser's find function to locate it once you click on the Download button.

56 minutes ago, dragon57 said:

@gamerboii @BlueArrowUK I have uploaded Genre videos based on the style BlueArrowUK suggested. Both 16:9 and 4:3 versions are there in my Nostalgia additions section.

Note: I already had a "Playlists" video in my section. Unfortunately the videos aren't in alphabetical order, so use your browser's find function to locate it once you click on the Download button.

Thanks for doing these @dragon57, your work is greatly appreciated :D

Hey @dragon57 :)

I know this is most likely me being fussy but is there any chance you could change the background music for both the Genres + Playlists themes?

I've only just realised that when your scrolling through the platform categories it does get a bit repetitive keep hearing the Steets of Rage music over and over again on Favorites, Genres & Playlists lol xD 

just wondered if this was possible, thanks ;)

Edited by BlueArrowUK

3 minutes ago, BlueArrowUK said:

Hey @dragon57 :)

I know this is most likely me being fussy but is there any chance you could change the background music for both the Genres + Playlists themes?

I've only just realised that when your scrolling through the platform categories it does get a bit repetitive keep hearing the Steets of Rage music over and over again on Favorites, Genres & Playlists lol xD 

just wondered if this was possible, thanks ;)

Sure, do you have any music preferences, or recommendations?